App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I am 465, so is there any analysis that we could say the next draw cut off will be below the 465?
The odds of the next cut-off score being below 465 is almost 0%. According to the recent pool distribution stats, there were almost 10,000 candidates in the range of 461-470. They will still be there for the next draw and even with the assumption that no new candidates have joined the pool since March 13, 2020, we're looking at around 3000-4000 candidates between 465 and 468. I am sorry but it's hard to say if the score will drop until we have stats after the next draw. Keep your hopes up high and work towards a higher score if you have not maxed out :)

nazimali110

Mar 12, 2018
The odds of the next cut-off score being below 465 is almost 0%. According to the recent pool distribution stats, there were almost 10,000 candidates in the range of 461-470. They will still be there for the next draw and even with the assumption that no new candidates have joined the pool since March 13, 2020, we're looking at around 3000-4000 candidates between 465 and 468. I am sorry but it's hard to say if the score will drop until we have stats after the next draw. Keep your hopes up high and work towards a higher score if you have not maxed out :)
461- 471 have 9400, after that draw happened on 23 march and it was 467, I am under CEC, did you think that 465 till 467 have more than 3000 applicants

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
absolutely wrong, points for age are locked at the time of ita.

the following is mentioned in the ITA
https://gyazo.com/992757818cfe68e9ff4464ecbb66ff1a
Hi bro,
Please have a read at the official website instead of some random screenshot.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

ShakthiH

Dec 12, 2018
Hi bro,
Please have a read at the official website instead of some random screenshot.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

Wrong Info. In the same link you provided, if you scroll further you will find this...

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.
When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.
This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Wrong Info. In the same link you provided, if you scroll further you will find this...

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.
When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.
This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.
I see now. Thanks for the information:)

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020

I m a little confused here. So Will you get rejected id you do not submit your application after ITA and before your birthday or not?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I m a little confused here. So Will you get rejected id you do not submit your application after ITA and before your birthday or not?
I think they used to refuse until the exemption was introduced. So, we are safe now.

Reactions: Aysherman

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
I am curious to know what is the value of IIM MBA in Canada?

I am seeing you are posting quite harsh but true comments. would like to know your views on this
Assuming the IIM graduate is working at a big consulting firm/prestigious finance outlet, they should be able to transfer to any part of the world he/she wants to work in, that’s where being an IIM graduate is going to help. They don’t need express entry to get in. Right off the bat, if you ask a university professor, if they’ve heard of IIM they’ll say ‘No’(unless the professor is an immigrant or is involved in admissions too). Company executives (some big guys yesteryear guys are from India/first gen Canadians ) would know and if not will be made aware about how selective IIM’s are and how good the grads are.

IIM’s are Indian Ivy Leagues, but right off the head people here don’t know of it.(except for certain people above and only they matter frankly).

Many IIM grads go on and pursue another MBA from US Ivy League schools, wonder why they do that. May be fortune-500 C suites need Ivy League on paper atleast..

Being an IIM graduate will give you access to global alumni and your networking will just take off. It’s a huge advantage. Your MD/Director just has to recommend you to their foreign colleagues, if they like your personality during coffee you’re in.

So to summarize everything, you will have it easy to get ahead here. I personally know people who have studied at Rotman(very overrated school here) but don’t have what it takes to get into IIM-A/B/C.

Last edited:

sisac9

Aug 2, 2019
Kerala, India
Hi

Is there any point in doing online courses from Coursera or similar sites?
Are online degrees valuable in Canada?

Looks like processing time will be longer and I am thinking of some value addition to resume (I am at 468, first have to receive ITA, still......)

I hope someone can guide me

Thanks