+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 127th Draw

tonydlaw24

Feb 15, 2019
Not really a ray of hope related question and even if the answer seems logical to me, while I am under express entry, can I subscribe for US Green card lottery which will start in couple weeks from now ? As we never know what might happen with EE and processing times as well, I was thinking to "double" (I know it's far from double :) ) my chances to immigrate.
I believe the trump administration has scrapped the green card lottery system, I stand to be corrected.

cino86

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
USA
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-06-2019
Doc's Request.
14-062019
You already have an excellent result and I know that the thought of repeating that success rate is more challenging, I know because I was in the same position as you. But the truth is you do not necessarily have to repeat the excellent score in all modules to max-out IELTS, all you need to get that 3 extra point in listening and maintain a - LRWS- 8.5,8,7.5, 7.5 to max-out IELTS. You just have to focus on the difference, which is increasing your listening from an 8 to and 8.5 and maintain your preparedness in the other modules. it wouldn't be easy though, but it is possible. GOOD LUCK
I appreciate your kind words.. Thank you so much

Reactions: tonydlaw24

TD0911

Sep 5, 2019
I am at 456 and now switching to plan B, I e. go for studies in Canada and then apply for PR after completion of my degree. Looks like CRS will not come down to 456 before October and I will come down to 451 in October. Don't see any other way of increasing my score and it's painful to sit in the pool and wait.
I am at 454 and I’m thinking on the same line. But my question is most Canada Graduate program accepts Fall applications, so if one plans to apply now, one would get admitted in around August/September 2020.

Suppose I am looking for a one year Graduate/Masters program then I will be graduating July/August 2021. What will be one’s chances of getting through the EE pool then? What if the Canada immigration policy alters altogether by August 2021? Or if the CRS scores happen to be skyrocketed? :(

Any thoughts??

Reactions: Priyanka2010

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
I am at 454 and I’m thinking on the same line. But my question is most Canada Graduate program accepts Fall applications, so if one plans to apply now, one would get admitted in around August/September 2020.

Suppose I am looking for a one year Graduate/Masters program then I will be graduating July/August 2021. What will be one’s chances of getting through the EE pool then? What if the Canada immigration policy alters altogether by August 2021? Or if the CRS scores happen to be skyrocketed? :(

Any thoughts??
Grad programs and enrolling in education is always a good idea IMO if you are thinking of immigration (and are able to financially take that step). Things won't change drastically that you won't have any path to immigration, and even if things do change, there will always be some options for people who study or work there.

Shahbaz12

Jul 24, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I am in a big problem situation here. I received my ITA on 20th-August and Submitted my application on 19th-september-2019. I have made a mistake and included my 3 months stay of Qatar in my address history also in my list of activities of last 10 years and explained clearly that it was a business visit and not a resident visa. IRCC cancelled my application and said that the PCC I submitted for QATAR did not include full period of my stay.

Now, I have created CSE and sent email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca twice still waiting for the response. I am very much frustrated, is anybody on the same boat. Will CIC RE-OPEN my case or I need to create a new profile and apply again. Because my current score is 458 but I will be turning 32 next month which will bring it down and I might need to do IELTS AGAIN.

I would appreciate any advices...

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I am in a big problem situation here. I received my ITA on 20th-August and Submitted my application on 19th-september-2019. I have made a mistake and included my 3 months stay of Qatar in my address history also in my list of activities of last 10 years and explained clearly that it was a business visit and not a resident visa. IRCC cancelled my application and said that the PCC I submitted for QATAR did not include full period of my stay.

Now, I have created CSE and sent email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca twice still waiting for the response. I am very much frustrated, is anybody on the same boat. Will CIC RE-OPEN my case or I need to create a new profile and apply again. Because my current score is 458 but I will be turning 32 next month which will bring it down and I might need to do IELTS AGAIN.

I would appreciate any advices...
My understanding is, if you ever stayed in Qatar for a period longer than 6 months, then the PCC should be dated after date of your last departure. There is no provision for type of visit or type of Visa, only duration of stay matters. So if you stayed there for a six months period earlier and your PCC is dated prior to your last departure, you need to submit a new PCC as soon as possible. They will not reopen unless you provide PCC with correct dates

Shahbaz12

Jul 24, 2019
My understanding is, if you ever stayed in Qatar for a period longer than 6 months, then the PCC should be dated after date of your last departure. There is no provision for type of visit or visa. So if you stayed there for a six months period earlier and your PCC is dated prior to your last departure, you need to submit a new PCC as soon as possible. They will not reopen unless you provide PCC with correct dates
Thanks for the quick response. so please find the detail explanation below...

Entered Qatar on 10th-may-2013 on a visit visa and exit on 8th-august-2013

Re-Entered on 19th August 2013 on a work visa and final exit on 01/01/0216 and submitted PCC for this period

NOW, it was my mistake that I included the above 3 month period in my address history (Instead I should have provided india as my address for that time) but I explained clearly in the last 10 years activity that this was a business visit for 3 months to look for a job

Without even asking for clarification they have canceled my application. I have sent the detailed LOE with CSE and to CPC-CTD-OTTAWA and requested to RE-OPEN MY CASE.

Something Unusual: I got an email from DONOT_REPLY yesterday (23-Spetember-2019) that my application is updated and it was cancelled when I logged in and checked. TODAY: I have received one more email from DONOT_REPLY and when I logged in and checked there was no update. I don't understand this, is IRCC updating my application after I have sent the CSE and the LOE email?

Please advice...

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for the quick response. so please find the detail explanation below...

Entered Qatar on 10th-may-2013 on a visit visa and exit on 8th-august-2013

Re-Entered on 19th August 2013 on a work visa and final exit on 01/01/0216 and submitted PCC for this period

NOW, it was my mistake that I included the above 3 month period in my address history (Instead I should have provided india as my address for that time) but I explained clearly in the last 10 years activity that this was a business visit for 3 months to look for a job

Without even asking for clarification they have canceled my application. I have sent the detailed LOE with CSE and to CPC-CTD-OTTAWA and requested to RE-OPEN MY CASE.

Something Unusual: I got an email from DONOT_REPLY yesterday (23-Spetember-2019) that my application is updated and it was cancelled when I logged in and checked. TODAY: I have received one more email from DONOT_REPLY and when I logged in and checked there was no update. I don't understand this, is IRCC updating my application after I have sent the CSE and the LOE email?

Please advice...
Hi, your dates do provide a bit more background to your problem. When was the PCC issued? If it was issued after 01/01/2016 you should be good as per the requirements on the IRCC website.

Please go through below thread. It looks like the key is to explain that Qatar will not issue PCC for stay during visit visa

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/qatar-pcc-for-visit-visa-period.551832/

Shahbaz12

Jul 24, 2019
Hi, your dates do provide a bit more background to your problem. When was the PCC issued? If it was issued after 01/01/2016 you should be good as per the requirements on the IRCC website.

Please go through below thread. It looks like the key is to explain that Qatar will not issue PCC for stay during visit visa

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/qatar-pcc-for-visit-visa-period.551832/
My PCC was issued after 01/01/2016. I don't know if this is a clear mistake from CIC or it is because I have added that 3 month period in my address history.

Also does any body had any experience about CIC sending an update notification and still no change in my profile? Please update me if anybody had any experience in this regards....

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
My PCC was issued after 01/01/2016. I don't know if this is a clear mistake from CIC or it is because I have added that 3 month period in my address history.

Also does any body had any experience about CIC sending an update notification and still no change in my profile? Please update me if anybody had any experience in this regards....
It may be your mistake by entering info regarding address history which probably doesn't match to your actual PCC dates.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Haha sorry wrong statement. What I meant was the possibility of CIC to consider the job that matched the NOC when making the decision, while ignoring the one that didn't. So I guess they should all align with the NOC job descriptions in order to get a positive result. Otherwise, I should just leave out the job I am having second thoughts about.
Disclose only those experiences which have a good match with the claimed NOC. U don't need to disclose all experiences in EE profile.

Reactions: Dheana90 and cas009