+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 117th Draw

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
(Updated till 12:00 PM IST today) CRS summary of active members waiting for Golden ITA:
  • 460+ (Total 2) - | Ali1122: 479 | ajangbar001: 461
  • 455-460 (Total 0) – 0
  • 450-454 (Total 13) - 13nitinsharma: 450 | kalex123: 450 | nehadeep: 450 | matteis:450 | jkaur95: 450 | shamu2013: 450 | hakweye: 450 | parvin2019: 450 | ekta29: 450 | | skg1988: 450 | Suhasrs: 450 | DreamITA: 450 | mamuso: 450
  • 445-449 (Total 40) - Shaanoh: 449 | Div_newbie:449 | veritas1994: 449 | dappy9: 449 | Manru:449 | v_nitesh_k: 449 | AnkitaShukla: 449 | aloobharta01:448 | patel_d07: 448 | EnthuChap: 448 | shine04: 448 | Agarwalparesh26: 448 | Tivativalu: 448 | AmeyaGodbole: 448 | Tilly3: 448 | Sara890: 447 | D'trox: 447 | Noopur_23: 447 | Ravi_15: 447 | Meer85: 447 | MV18: 447 | royalking: 447 | Flowerview: 447 | armaanwadhwa: 447| vmsanthosh.chn:446 | Kk1234:446 | SASH8288: 446 | Sreedev83: 446 | MynameisMTS: 446 | RochelleAlford: 446 | rahulkraju: 446 | prince_lords:445 | Uchyann: 445 | frightenedpanda: 445 | dawak: 445 | msgill88:445 | nolimits7405: 445 | Boluwaduro: 445 | asad_ali_awan: 445 | MittalM: 445 | siataheri:445 | Yiss: 445
  • 441-444 (Total 26) - NikSharma01:444 | NishaKirthi: 444 | cdddelhi: 444 | Sonammahajan: 444 | mominmalik5: 444 | kadeed:444 | Jms_16: 444 | LKRYA: 443 | Ainpeespirant: 443 | MzBAH: 443 | gmi3001:443 | pursuit: 443 | ravinder_singh:443 | sidra91: 443 | rharmon: 443 | seff786: 443 | seff786: 443| Kiamin: 442 | tani_: 442 | Shishir Chandra Kumar: 441 | SociallyAwkward: 441 | BumbleFrisbee: 441 | Ram89: 441 | Life79: 441 | intels: 441 | Maalee: 441 | SJ24: 441
  • 435-440 (Total 14) - bluehorse:440 | Tamilan8: 440 | Chavoshhh: 440 | Siddharth-BOM: 438 | ppa: 438 | cadiee:438 | :438 | Sara1981:438 | rdj08: 438 | Nidsy: 438 | ghvijay: 438 | Kiamin: 437 | Sam0301: 437 | sheikh.abaz: 435
  • Below 435 (Total 5) - Eddiesol: 433 | Day2203: 431 | moto90: 424 | AND IND: 423 | Sdabas: 421
Please share your updated CRS score if you're not included in this list.

AmeyaGodbole

Jul 16, 2018
There's something else that's bugging me. I maybe completely wrong but let me share it here.

I've been following a few Canadian news channels for some time now, and if you have too, you'll know that the conservatives have consolidated and are actually winning elections across Canada (5 provinces as we speak). Many believe they'll win the federal elections this October.

Now, I don't know if this is bad news or not so bad news for immigration, but a lot of polls (conducted by conservative media) show that as many as 60% of Canadians believe the country is witnessing too much immigration. The refugee intakes might be the real culprit here, but of course the media channels don't go specific on that.

Whether or not a Conservative federal government affects the current immigration programmes is a distant question. That'll take some policy changes to happen, so we're safe for a while at least. My big worry is the change of sentiment in the general population.

Let me tell you what I mean. I have a few friends in the US. The ones who are in the bay area have not seen much of a change since Trump got elected, but I've learned some disturbing things from a couple of friends who are in other cities.

One friend from Atlanta told me that few months ago, a random driver threw a half eaten burger at him while he was standing at an intersection, waiting to cross the road. All that 'go back to you country you brown mf and blah blah'.

Another friend from Orlando told me he started facing discrimination at office and places like restaurants and supermarkets - a shift in general behaviour and treatment.

This is my big worry. Though Trump has never been openly racist (except for the 'Mexicans are sending rapists' thing), his coming to power has empowered these racist roaches.

I was seriously considering Calgary or Regina as my destination, but both Alberta and Manitoba are now under Conservative parties and these cities don't have big immigrant communities. So, I guess I'll have to take the safer bet and choose Toronto or Vancouver. God, I hate crowds!

Sorry for this long and boring anecdote, but this worries me. Maybe a little too much.

People, please do a thorough research on the politics of the province and city that you're trying to move to. Follow the policy changes and local news - especially related to immigration and immigrants. If you have friends there, get their views. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in Canada.

The last thing we want is to uproot our life and plant it in a community where we're not welcome.

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
Certainly there are merits in CBT. However, I followed a technique for listening module and could improve to 8.5 from 7.5. I believe that I won't be able to replicate my score with CBT in listening module. It's very distracting to me and that's why I am rigid on the choice of Pen and Paper IELTS test.
CBT gives enough time to transfer your answers to computer and you will always be given paper and pencil. So don't have to worry typing while listening.

matteis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
CBT gives enough time to transfer your answers to computer and you will always be given paper and pencil. So don't have to worry typing while listening.
Sorry, but this is not accurate. Yes, it is true you are given pen and paper, BUT there is no time to transfer your answers on CBT IELTS. Therefore, by all means you should type as you you listen, as after the listening test you just have 2.5 minutes to check your work. The same goes for the reading part.

mayjuly

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
My experience was the opposite, actually; you barely have a minute to review your answers, so you're forced to select answers on the computer while listening, which definitely hurt my scores. I'd still pick CBT any day though because the writing section is a _lot_ easier on the computer.

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
There's something else that's bugging me. I maybe completely wrong but let me share it here.

I've been following a few Canadian news channels for some time now, and if you have too, you'll know that the conservatives have consolidated and are actually winning elections across Canada (5 provinces as we speak). Many believe they'll win the federal elections this October.

Now, I don't know if this is bad news or not so bad news for immigration, but a lot of polls (conducted by conservative media) show that as many as 60% of Canadians believe the country is witnessing too much immigration. The refugee intakes might be the real culprit here, but of course the media channels don't go specific on that.

Whether or not a Conservative federal government affects the current immigration programmes is a distant question. That'll take some policy changes to happen, so we're safe for a while at least. My big worry is the change of sentiment in the general population.

Let me tell you what I mean. I have a few friends in the US. The ones who are in the bay area have not seen much of a change since Trump got elected, but I've learned some disturbing things from a couple of friends who are in other cities.

One friend from Atlanta told me that few months ago, a random driver threw a half eaten burger at him while he was standing at an intersection, waiting to cross the road. All that 'go back to you country you brown mf and blah blah'.

Another friend from Orlando told me he started facing discrimination at office and places like restaurants and supermarkets - a shift in general behaviour and treatment.

This is my big worry. Though Trump has never been openly racist (except for the 'Mexicans are sending rapists' thing), his coming to power has empowered these racist roaches.

I was seriously considering Calgary or Regina as my destination, but both Alberta and Manitoba are now under Conservative parties and these cities don't have big immigrant communities. So, I guess I'll have to take the safer bet and choose Toronto or Vancouver. God, I hate crowds!

Sorry for this long and boring anecdote, but this worries me. Maybe a little too much.

People, please do a thorough research on the politics of the province and city that you're trying to move to. Follow the policy changes and local news - especially related to immigration and immigrants. If you have friends there, get their views. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in Canada.

The last thing we want is to uproot our life and plant it in a community where we're not welcome.
I feel you. But as compared to trump, Canada PM openly speaks about importance of immigration for Canada. It is completely backed by him. There are several speeches of him available on Youtube supporting the value of immigration .
On the other hand, there will always be some Canadian residents who will feel insecurity from highly skilled immigrants and they are right to think so. But the environment is not so bad as it is portrayed , at least in Canada.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Haha.. Not worried, but I've never liked waiting.
Waiting since February with 450 score.

In your case, you'll start gaining draw experience and patience now on. Draw with 448 score will take sometime and may take 2-3 months (if going by the trend). Good luck and I hope you get your ITA soon.

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
Sorry, but this is not accurate. Yes, it is true you are given pen and paper, BUT there is no time to transfer your answers on CBT IELTS. Therefore, by all means you should type as you you listen, as after the listening test you just have 2.5 minutes to check your work. The same goes for the reading part.
I have given IELTS 3 times on CBT and never had issues in transferring answer to computer. So I guess it depends person to person. Some feel comfortable attending Paper based and some CBT. Main advantage of CBT is the ease to write in the writing section.

Reactions: Agarwalparesh26

AmeyaGodbole

Jul 16, 2018
I feel you. But as compared to trump, Canada PM openly speaks about importance of immigration for Canada. It is completely backed by him. There are several speeches of him available on Youtube supporting the value of immigration .
On the other hand, there will always be some Canadian residents who will feel insecurity from highly skilled immigrants and they are right to think so. But the environment is not so bad as it is portrayed , at least in Canada.
I know. I've watched him praising immigration. Unfortunately, his approval ratings are at 40%. There are high chances that he won't get reelected.

matteis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019

I do not want to start an open debate about politics here, but let me say a couple of things. First, we must remember that were the conservatives who implemented immigration plans to solve the foreseen issue of economic collapse. Regarding Trump and discrimination events occurring in the US, let's be honest and acknowledge that it ALWAYS happened. I am not saying it by guessing. My sister has been living there since 1999.

I honestly respect your opinion, but I think it is a bit early to worry about something that can never happen.

Reactions: EnthuChap and kidsy

AmeyaGodbole

Jul 16, 2018
Waiting since February with 450 score.

In your case, you'll start gaining draw experience and patience now on. Draw with 448 score will take sometime and may take 2-3 months (if going by the trend). Good luck and I hope you get your ITA soon.
I had to remove the last year experience from my profile because the system kept allotting 25 additional points even when I had not completed 3 complete years. With those points, I'll sit at 473. I'll add that experience back on 28th June which is when I'll actually complete 3 years.

So it's not much of a wait, but I was hoping the cutoff goes below 448, so I don't have to wait till the end of June. Hehe.. :D

AmeyaGodbole

Jul 16, 2018
I do not want to start an open debate about politics here, but let me say a couple of things. First, we must remember that were the conservatives who implemented immigration plans to solve the foreseen issue of economic collapse. Regarding Trump and discrimination events occurring in the US, let's be honest and acknowledge that it ALWAYS happened. I am not saying it by guessing. My sister has been living there since 1999.

I honestly respect your opinion, but I think it is a bit early to worry about something that can never happen.
I'm not looking for a debate. I just wanted to share what I've been observing (from a distance of course).

I'll be very happy if you're right and I'm 100% wrong.