+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 117th Draw

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Listening:
  • A lot of previewing - I would jump straight to Sec-3. I would figure out what is the subject in the statement and would underline it. I would also underline the word that characterizes the subject. I would then listen whether the speaker speaks positively on the two or there is no reference to it at all. I practiced enough that I wouldn't get even one answer wrong in Sec-1 and 4.
  • I would consistently get all answers correct with just practicing and focusing on Sec-1, 2 and 4
  • Sec-3 is where you could make it or break it.
  • I kept an eye on the words I had underlined and practiced crossing out wrong options.
Speaking:
  • I speak at a steady pace leaning more towards the slower side and would maintain the eye contact and sat comfortably.
  • I always answered the question directly as my first response statement. Then, I would talk about what my observations have been pertaining to the subject and follow it up with my views/recommendations. Did this for every question asked.
  • I spoke formally and did give a flavour of uncommon words and emphasized them whenever I made a use of them
  • Speaking is something I never bothered about much but had just figured out what brings the best reward.
That's a great detailed reply. Thank you.

I totally agree that Section 3 is where you can make it break. I should have done the same.

When I appeared for IELTS the second time, I got the exact same score as earlier so no benefit. I did get the ITA though.

Anyhow, I think pre-screening Sec 3 is the best strategy !! Great tip for everyone!

nikhil_pal

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2019
Hello,
I created my EE Profile in June 2019 with CRS 455 ( IELTS - L9, R8, W7, S7.5 & ECA - 2 or more Degree) with Age 33 years and currently I am sitting in the pool waiting for the ITA but now my birthday is coming in August first week, my question is will CIC auto deduct 5 points from my profile after my birthday. I saw few posts mentioning that CIC adds back this 5 points later Link -https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/will-my-score-change-after-my-birthday.378860/#post-4772919

Is this true?

Thanks,
Nikhil