+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 104th draw

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hello All!
Need your advice on a situation that I am in.
I received my ECA report today and updated my profile to get the extra points for my education.The CRS should have been 440 with this update.However, when I checked my score it showed 455.I saw an additional 15 points for French language skills.Now,I suppose this is a technical glitch,since I have not taken any French test.I tried to update my language section(IELTS) again to see if the CRS changes to correct score, but it doesnt' seem to work.How should I handle this? I do not want to create a new profile because I am afraid I will loose out on tie breaker!(which has happened twice this year)
If a draw happens today, I will get an ITA with the incorrect score.
Is there a way to make my crs reflect the correct score without creating a new profile?
Thanks in advance.
You're the second person today from whom I read about this issue, guess there's some glitch now in the CRS calculator on EE profile. If the cut-off in today's draw is > 440 (most likely), you should decline the ITA. Afterwards, I suggest that write to IRCC or try calling on their helpline about the glitch. Hopefully it will be rectified before the next draw.

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Hello All!
Need your advice on a situation that I am in.
I received my ECA report today and updated my profile to get the extra points for my education.The CRS should have been 440 with this update.However, when I checked my score it showed 455.I saw an additional 15 points for French language skills.Now,I suppose this is a technical glitch,since I have not taken any French test.I tried to update my language section(IELTS) again to see if the CRS changes to correct score, but it doesnt' seem to work.How should I handle this? I do not want to create a new profile because I am afraid I will loose out on tie breaker!(which has happened twice this year)
If a draw happens today, I will get an ITA with the incorrect score.
Is there a way to make my crs reflect the correct score without creating a new profile?
Thanks in advance.
Seems like it is not only happening to your case. It just happened to my friend who just created his EE profile today and he found there were additional below score added up to his original score although he never added the french score in his profile. Looks like its system glitch. Hoping that CIC manages to fix this problem asap..

CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism - 15

Reactions: Immi@098

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
Seems like it is not only happening to your case. It just happened to my friend who just created his EE profile today and he found there were additional below score added up to his original score although he never added the french score in his profile. Looks like its system glitch. Hoping that CIC manages to fix this problem asap..

CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism - 15
That's scary! If this is true, the cut off can get really high this time due to the glitch. It may impact the next draws as well, as people have to reject the invite in all such cases

Immi@098

Nov 21, 2016
You're the second person today from whom I read about this issue, guess there's some glitch now in the CRS calculator on EE profile. If the cut-off in today's draw is > 440 (most likely), you should decline the ITA. Afterwards, I suggest that write to IRCC or try calling on their helpline about the glitch. Hopefully it will be rectified before the next draw.
Well, I guess the only option is to decline ITA & wait.Hopefully CIC may fix it by next draw as a lot of people seem to be affected by the glitch.
Thanks for the response.

harman350

Sep 25, 2018
Hello friends.

Hope all are doing good.
I am working as a research fellow majoring in material science and with a fixed salary/scholarship. I have a 3.5 years experience in research. What should I use my NOC code as material science is a product of physics and chemistry, the closest match for the NOC I could find is 2115.
Can you please help me to find my correct NOC code? and
Is it okay to use my job description as the research fellow as I am not into Ph.D. but worked on a research project, tough working responsibilities and duties were same.

I appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Thank you.

Inabt

Jul 19, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Rome
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Request
10-12-2018
Med's Done....
01/11/2018
Passport Req..
01-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2019
LANDED..........
14-10-2019
I'm guessing 444

Kaya.94

Oct 26, 2018
I say that they will do a double draw either today or tomorrow to rectify this glitch and the points will drop below 440 for once this year. :) remember the name of this forum ;)

Reactions: Cooldeepu1