Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In canada
sanjjh said:
hey Guys ,
Did AINP again change the processing time back to old option since just now i checked and it was showing no changes for previous one pls update the latest news
nope there is no update..they just inserted reminder about work permit couple of days ago.but no there is no changes to processing time.to be honest i think this processing time here to stay for while :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
da4u518 said:
nope there is no update..they just inserted reminder about work permit couple of days ago.but no there is no changes to processing time.to be honest i think this processing time here to stay for while :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Does anyone know that the maximum work permit period for tpw? I thought it changed to 2 years but my friend said it's not.

mipi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
IELTS Request
yes
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
04-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
20-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
n/a
LANDED..........
04-05-2011

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
albertasun said:
Does anyone know that the maximum work permit period for tpw? I thought it changed to 2 years but my friend said it's not.
Yes and no
The maximum time of foreign worker to work in Canada has changed from 4 years to 2 years in June 2014, but for workers who are already in Canada at that time still can work here upto 4 years.
As for work permit .... the LMO used to be able to exchange for a period of 2 years work permit but now the new LMIA can only get a period of 1 year work permit.
Hope I answered your question lol

sanjjh

Jul 5, 2014
means those TFW are here they can stay for 4 year after expiring present work permit they can get new wp more since my wp is for 2 year ...so after expiring this if i get new one or not

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hope for the best said:
Yes and no
The maximum time of foreign worker to work in Canada has changed from 4 years to 2 years in June 2014, but for workers who are already in Canada at that time still can work here upto 4 years.
As for work permit .... the LMO used to be able to exchange for a period of 2 years work permit but now the new LMIA can only get a period of 1 year work permit.
Hope I answered your question lol
Thank you very much. Your answer is perfect!

PKG92

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 02,2014
LANDED..........
since 2011
hi everyone

hope everybody is fine .i have a question if a employer is licensed by province that means he/she is actually eligible under this criteria (Be incorporated or registered by or under an act of the legislature of a province or the Parliament of Canada and operating as a business that has an established production capability, plant or place of business in Alberta. )

can anyone help me out . :)

pisces99

Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
02-19-2015
IELTS Request
25-11-2013
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
miglop2014 said:
Maybe not everybody saw the small update on the processing times page last Friday, but a lot of work permits are going to expire before getting the nomination. So be careful with this note:
This reminder doesn't indicate the date when you submitted the application. Though you're application is in the processing stage and you're work permit been expired. Does it mean that they cannot decline your application? How come I know someone under strategic application whom had expired wp was decline 3 days prior to this reminder posting by ainp. Proven that when you submitted your application way back nov 2013 for sure you're status is not expired on the time of submission. Do they entertain request for re consideration?

I maybe right or do their decision been final and cannot appeal? Please give your insight or any recommendation is appreciated.

Thanks and best of luck to everyone!

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pisces99 said:
This reminder doesn't indicate the date when you submitted the application. Though you're application is in the processing stage and you're work permit been expired. Does it mean that they cannot decline your application? How come I know someone under strategic application whom had expired wp was decline 3 days prior to this reminder posting by ainp. Proven that when you submitted your application way back nov 2013 for sure you're status is not expired on the time of submission. Do they entertain request for re consideration?

I maybe right or do their decision been final and cannot appeal? Please give your insight or any recommendation is appreciated.

Thanks and best of luck to everyone!
It has always been there rule that you have to keep your work permit valid during your entire application process, that's why your friend's application was denied (also, not everybody under strategic stream is exempt; only engineering occupations). Also, it has got nothing to do with when you submitted your application. If your work permit expires any time before you get nominated they automatically reject. AINP does not entertain appeals. The next step is to go to your local MLA or Human Rights division; although I doubt they can do anything in this situation.

pisces99

Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
02-19-2015
IELTS Request
25-11-2013
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
april2014_AINP said:
It has always been there rule that you have to keep your work permit valid during your entire application process, that's why your friend's application was denied (also, not everybody under strategic stream is exempt; only engineering occupations). Also, it has got nothing to do with when you submitted your application. If your work permit expires any time before you get nominated they automatically reject. AINP does not entertain appeals. The next step is to go to your local MLA or Human Rights division; although I doubt they can do anything in this situation.

Thank you for your information, I misunderstood the strategic stream, engineering occupations only. Even contacting local MLA will not help? But maybe trying to get help is not harmful than you do nothing. I feel the agony of all those whose waiting and afterwards getting rejections by the province.

To all, please do not wait for their response. Try to maintain your status or apply to other avenue that you may eligible. God bless all!

Laraine

Feb 5, 2013
starla said:
Hi... Just want to share my co- worker's timeline

Maybe it can help.

Applied Nov. 26, 2013
Work permit expired june 6, 2014
Applied Visitors Visa June 1 (validity Sept. 29)
Sent Copy to AINP July 3, 2014

ANG THE GOOD NEWS!!! RECEIVED AINP NOMINATION TODAY

SEMI-SKILLED EDS FOOD COUNTER ATTENDANT...

Keep the faith guys!!! she has ticket already to go back home because she already received letter from CIC...everybody is so emotional!!!!
It is great news but it got me confused. When did AINP call her before giving her her nomination? So a visitor's visa is good enough for the AINP? I thought they specifically require that the work permit be valid at the time of the nomination? So confused. :(

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Laraine said:
It is great news but it got me confused. When did AINP call her before giving her her nomination? So a visitor's visa is good enough for the AINP? I thought they specifically require that the work permit be valid at the time of the nomination? So confused. :(
Depends under the stream that you applied for AINP, many of the applications sent before Nov 30 were under Alberta Work Experience Program, those applicants don't need to have a valid work permit to be elegible for the nomination as they don't need the employer to support their application.

smilingghost

Sep 25, 2014
hi everybody

i am here to share my experience with everybody

I applied for AINP on 27th November 2013 under the AWE category- Semi- Skilled- Room Attendant.

My Work permit expired on 16th August 2014 and I applied for a open work permit on 18th July 2014 based on AINP file no. and therefore I am still on implied status. I am still waiting for the following

1. open work permit from CIC
2. AINP Nomination.

Is there anyone else who has done the same? Please share your experiences

thanks

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smilingghost said:
hi everybody

i am here to share my experience with everybody

I applied for AINP on 27th November 2013 under the AWE category- Semi- Skilled- Room Attendant.

My Work permit expired on 16th August 2014 and I applied for a open work permit on 18th July 2014 based on AINP file no. and therefore I am still on implied status. I am still waiting for the following

1. open work permit from CIC
2. AINP Nomination.

Is there anyone else who has done the same? Please share your experiences

thanks
That's odd. You cannot apply for the open work permit with PNP file number. You must either have file number from CIC or nomination certificate from ainp. Please let us know if you get the open work permit. If you have a positive result, that will be a great great news to everyone here.