+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding visitory visa from Islamabad for sponsored spouse

ZU

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
sha123456 said:
Hello All,

its an awesome feeling to find all you guys here on this forum.

Please shed your opinions/thoughts on below:

Here's my case:
I am a PR living in Montreal. Got married in Dec 2011. I am right now in the process of collecting all the documents and would hopefully submit my application by end of March for spousal immigration to Missisuaga.

Now, I read all the posts in this forum and found from :

1. Humayoon, that his spouse got TRV even though they didnt apply for spousal immigration. Now he is thinking of applying for inland spousal.
2. irsum, applied for spousal imm in April 2011 and then applied for TRV in Nov 2011 and got it.

So cheers to both of you guys, congrats.

My questions: which is the safest way to go. Since I haven't applied yet for spousal immigration should my wife apply for her TRV. We both have good travel history together and as individual. But she got a couple of refusals for TRV like 3-4 years back.

Or should i opt and apply for spousal immigration and then say in July apply for TRV as irsum did?

please share your experiences.
Thanks alot
Hello Sha,

I think you should file your Spousal Immigration case ASAP. At this moment it is taking approx 1.5 to 2 years to process a case. So the earlier you apply it is better for you in the long term.

And you can try for a TRV visa at any time and try your luck.

I am not aware about the inland process, so I would not comment.

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
sha123456 said:
Hello All,

its an awesome feeling to find all you guys here on this forum.

Please shed your opinions/thoughts on below:

Here's my case:
I am a PR living in Montreal. Got married in Dec 2011. I am right now in the process of collecting all the documents and would hopefully submit my application by end of March for spousal immigration to Missisuaga.

Now, I read all the posts in this forum and found from :

1. Humayoon, that his spouse got TRV even though they didnt apply for spousal immigration. Now he is thinking of applying for inland spousal.
2. irsum, applied for spousal imm in April 2011 and then applied for TRV in Nov 2011 and got it.

So cheers to both of you guys, congrats.

My questions: which is the safest way to go. Since I haven't applied yet for spousal immigration should my wife apply for her TRV. We both have good travel history together and as individual. But she got a couple of refusals for TRV like 3-4 years back.

Or should i opt and apply for spousal immigration and then say in July apply for TRV as irsum did?

please share your experiences.
Thanks alot
\So you are thinking TRV first and if that works, then apply for inland spousal. I have heard inland takes about 2 years but most importantly your wife will be with you. If TRV is declined then your only way would be overseas sponsorship. The PR application form does have a question about previously applying for visa ? If god forbid you are refused for TRV, then what are the implications for PR application. I am not sure and may be there are no negative affects but I just want to bring it to your attention.

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
Humayun000 said:
Hi irsum ,
What do u think how much money my cousin should carry with her?Her father told her whenever u reach Canada I will transfer money in my account so what should she tell io if he ask?
Humayun000 said:
Hi irsum, is it ok if she bring with her only $1000 ?or how much she should carry that time ?
Thanks
I have talked to a few people and they tell me that it does not matter. Immigration does not specifically ask about the cash. I think her father’s idea is good. I am not sure which city she is in Pakistan, but in this day and age carrying thousands of dollars of cash from home to airport is a bad risk and in this day and age with quick transfers, credit cards etc. one should not be expected to carrying a large wad of cash. I am inclined to ask my wife to bring no more then 500 and to bring her credit card

Humayun000

Feb 13, 2012
Hi irsum ,
Thanks for ur reply. I have one more question my cousin is coming next week but I m working on that day I can't take off I was the one who gave her invitation so is it ok if I send some one else to pick up my cousin becaue I heard immigration officer always ask u who's coming to pick u up I was just wondering may be they will call me to make sure right person is here just wondering I will be appreciate if u give me this ans.
Thanks

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
Humayun000 said:
Hi irsum ,
Thanks for ur reply. I have one more question my cousin is coming next week but I m working on that day I can't take off I was the one who gave her invitation so is it ok if I send some one else to pick up my cousin becaue I heard immigration officer always ask u who's coming to pick u up I was just wondering may be they will call me to make sure right person is here just wondering I will be appreciate if u give me this ans.
Thanks
I don't think that the person who wrote invitation letter must come to pickup at the airport. There could be any number of circumstances that the person is unable to make it to the airport. As I don't have a direct experience of this, I am just giving you my opinions. I think she should have your contact details and if the immigration ask, she can tell that you could not get out of work. I am guessing someone else going to airport is also a relative.

ralo_01

Star Member
Aug 18, 2008
Hello Everyone,

I read the whole thread,
Congratulate to all who got the visas,

I would really appreciate if you guys can help me out as well..

I am in Canada currently on an open-work-permit. I recently got married in Pakistan. My wife is currently in Pakistan..

My question is, I am thinking of apply for visitor visa for my wife, and once she gets here (hoping and praying) I will apply for PR for both of us together... The part that I am confused about is, Can I apply for PR (Myself and my wife as my dependant) while she is on visitor visa or does she have to apply for a work-permit (on my work-permit basis) first?

And what kind of documents I can send from my side (that she can include in her visa application) that can make her visa application strong?

Thirdly, is there a difference between TRV and visitor visa?

Warm Regards,
Ali

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
So is there any one out there with recent exprience of their spouse coming on visitor visa. I want to know what kind of questions to be expected at the airport by immigration officer. Any one with any information please respons.
Thanks

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
irsum I don't have any recent experience as right now my TRV is under process but the last time I went in 05/06 they hardly asked any question. Give passport to Immi officer, they put Entry Stamp and thats it. But I have heard people saying that the immi officers have asked who's coming to pick you up, where will you be staying, who are you visiting in canada, whats the purpose of your visit, where in canada will you be primarily based. and probably ask you if youre bringing any valuables/gifts/cash exceeding $10000. So be prepared for these type of questions. Others can add more to this list...

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
Hello people. Did any one got TRV recently. There were few people waiting and I wonder what happened.

I have a question. my wife is arriving inshallah in a couple of weeks on TRV.
If immigration asks her at the airport "how long she intend to stay in Canada" and she answers 6 months..is that reasonable and allright. She asked for 6 months visa and that is what she got from CHC Islamabad.

Thanks and good luck everyone

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
That's fine. If thats what she put down in the application then that is what she should tell the imm officer.

As for me, I am still waiting to hear back from CHC ISB about my case. Please Pray everybody. Thanks

babbi

Apr 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi ...i plan to visit my husband to canada..and goin to apply for TRV so plz tell me what should i need as other documents like should i ask my father n law to give me invitation letter because he has a good govt job in canada...hope so his letter helps me that i also return back as my visa expire...plz do tell me what should elese i need for getting TRV as my sponsorship process is just started...plz reply soon. thanks

babbi

Apr 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi.... plz tell me that when i fill out my TRV application...what should i write on that part (have u ever applied for canadian visa....) actually my husband sponsorsing me and he already submitted my application to missisuaga office....so plz tell me waht should i write yes or no....plz reply soon...and is it ok if i show bank statement of my father??????????? and i show invitation letter which is written by my father n law..becoz he is also living in canada and i am going to stay with my (in laws and husabnd)...... plzzzzzzz reply asasp....thanks

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
babbi said:
hi.... plz tell me that when i fill out my TRV application...what should i write on that part (have u ever applied for canadian visa....) actually my husband sponsorsing me and he already submitted my application to missisuaga office....so plz tell me waht should i write yes or no....plz reply soon...and is it ok if i show bank statement of my father??????????? and i show invitation letter which is written by my father n law..becoz he is also living in canada and i am going to stay with my (in laws and husabnd)...... plzzzzzzz reply asasp....thanks
You should write about the sponsorship application. In my wife's application for TRV she wrote that detail. That we have applied for PR and application was recieved in CHC Islamabad on such and such date and also included our file number. Be clear and straight about it.

I think it is ok to have your father-in-law invite you. For pakistan, you have to show your strong ties and that you will return due to those ties. I believe it is ok to have your father's bank statement. HOwever, I am not an expert on this and these are my personal views. Hope someone else here can add to this and give a more knowledgeable response.

babbi

Apr 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ irsum

but my husband submitted my application in feb 2012....and now a days missisuga office working on application receiving on january....so i dont have any file no yet.......and which type of proof should i show that proves my strong ties to pakistan....(my father is doctor senior govt officer should he write any govt. letter which shows that i came back at time) plz reply....