+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question - additional point for Canada Certification

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
Hi guys
I have a question about the additional points you can earn if you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate.

If I enrolled in a certification program part-time and completed it, do I get extra points for that?

If I enrolled in a certification program (fully online program) and finish it, do I get extra points for that? Like everything is done online, i do not have to attend classes in campus in person.

Or the point is only offered to students that completed any program FULL TIME and in-person?

tia

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys
I have a question about the additional points you can earn if you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate.

If I enrolled in a certification program part-time and completed it, do I get extra points for that?

If I enrolled in a certification program (fully online program) and finish it, do I get extra points for that? Like everything is done online, i do not have to attend classes in campus in person.

Or the point is only offered to students that completed any program FULL TIME and in-person?

tia
I assume you are asking about a situation where you would complete the studies outside of Canada.

It's hard to give a definitve answer without knowing the school and program. Not everything qualifies. However, assuming the school is a DLI and the program would be at least 8 months in length if done full time, then it should qualify you for points.

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
I assume you are asking about a situation where you would complete the studies outside of Canada.

It's hard to give a definitve answer without knowing the school and program. Not everything qualifies. However, assuming the school is a DLI and the program would be at least 8 months in length if done full time, then it should qualify you for points.
i would Be situated in Ontario,Canada during the time of studies.

the website clearly states that I can claim if it is full time + I have to be situated in Canada for 8 month at least

I am just wondering if I can get additional points while working and studying part time. Like part time for sure is gonna be more than 8 months , just not sure if they would accept part time since nothing was mention

or would be work if the course the 100% done online and full time >8 months course. Assuming I’m located in Ontario I am just I wondering if I can consider DLI From maybe other province like BC too.

and is there a list of DLI that they accept ? I can’t seem to find it except for the list of DLI that allows student permit to convert to PGWP. Is that the same list ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i would Be situated in Ontario,Canada during the time of studies.

the website clearly states that I can claim if it is full time + I have to be situated in Canada for 8 month at least

I am just wondering if I can get additional points while working and studying part time. Like part time for sure is gonna be more than 8 months , just not sure if they would accept part time since nothing was mention

or would be work if the course the 100% done online and full time >8 months course. Assuming I’m located in Ontario I am just I wondering if I can consider DLI From maybe other province like BC too.

and is there a list of DLI that they accept ? I can’t seem to find it except for the list of DLI that allows student permit to convert to PGWP. Is that the same list ?
I am a bit confused. What is your status in Canada?

If you are going to be completing these studies in Canada, you need a study permit (you can't do this while holiding a work permit or visitor status). If the program duration is greater than six months, you need to be holding a study permit in order to be allowed to complete these studies from within Canada (even if you are doing so part time).

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
I am a bit confused. What is your status in Canada?

If you are going to be completing these studies in Canada, you need a study permit (you can't do this while holiding a work permit or visitor status). If the program duration is greater than six months, you need to be holding a study permit in order to be allowed to complete these studies from within Canada (even if you are doing so part time).
On a open work visa permit right now
I know I need a study permit for any courses more than 6 months.

I am just wondering if part time or full time(but 100% online ) would get me additional point. I only know course >8 month + studying full time in Canada would be eligible. Was curious bout the other two option

Sorry for misleading