+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about Indian PCC from Indian Embassy USA

Jul 28, 2018
Hi All,
I received ITA in Jan and applied in person for Indian PCC in Chicago by end of Jan 2018. Its been 2 months and I haven't received. My passport is issued in Bangalore. When I called Chicago they are saying that Bangalore RPO is waiting for the police station. Police verification was completed mid Feb at my place and my parents checked with police station and commissioners office. Both the records indicate they have given clearance and sent to RPO. RPO only sees people with appointment so my parents not able to check the status with them. Sent an email to Bangalore RPO and there is no response. Chicago consulate tells me that they have sent reminder to Bangalore RPO 3 times and they say it is stuck at police verification. Don't know how to proceed. 14 days remaining to submit my PR application. Anybody in this situation and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi,

I am in the same boat..were you able to get your PCC in time? I also have around 3 weeks pending before submission deadline.

Jul 28, 2018
Hi All,
I received ITA in Jan and applied in person for Indian PCC in Chicago by end of Jan 2018. Its been 2 months and I haven't received. My passport is issued in Bangalore. When I called Chicago they are saying that Bangalore RPO is waiting for the police station. Police verification was completed mid Feb at my place and my parents checked with police station and commissioners office. Both the records indicate they have given clearance and sent to RPO. RPO only sees people with appointment so my parents not able to check the status with them. Sent an email to Bangalore RPO and there is no response. Chicago consulate tells me that they have sent reminder to Bangalore RPO 3 times and they say it is stuck at police verification. Don't know how to proceed. 14 days remaining to submit my PR application. Anybody in this situation and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Were you able to get PCC done? My husband is in the same boat, SF CGI said they have reminded RPO mumbai many times...RPO mumbai is not responding.

Kamsin

Apr 2, 2018
Were you able to get PCC done? My husband is in the same boat, SF CGI said they have reminded RPO mumbai many times...RPO mumbai is not responding.
I submitted my documents with supporting proof (email communication with Consulate) showing that PCC is delayed. Canada government got back to me giving me an extension of 2 months to submit PCC. I had to travel to India and get the PCC from RPO there.

anuch2588

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Hi All,

I have got my visa expired gor me and my family. Extention is filed on dec 22nd. However , we are yet to receive a copy of receipt. For more information our i94 is also expired now. Any suggestions if we cam go for pcc with all other documents Will they understand such scenario

anuch2588

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
I am going to apply for pcc in person at Atlanta office. However, I have some queries listed below. It would of great help if someone addresses those:

1. Do we need to notarize all the docs even if we are going there personally

2. Returnable envelope is mandatory .. If yes, do they need pick up of the parcel

Appreciate your help!

rdesai

Aug 30, 2018
USA
I am going to apply for pcc in person at Atlanta office. However, I have some queries listed below. It would of great help if someone addresses those:

1. Do we need to notarize all the docs even if we are going there personally

2. Returnable envelope is mandatory .. If yes, do they need pick up of the parcel

Appreciate your help!
Do not know about Atlanta, I applied for Pcc in DC and they did not need notarized docs if we went in person and also returnable envelop was not mandatory

Reactions: anuch2588

Bhuppi

Jan 11, 2019
Today I applied for PCC for me and my wife at New York and I was also carrying my wife's documents..I visited the consulate at 9am and got our PCC at 11..Our passports were issued from India and I thought it will take at least 2 weeks to get the PCC..My experience was good as people over there were very good and helpful and one thing I came to know and would like to share over here is if they would have done your PCC at the time of Issuance of passport then you can get your PCC in same day or else there is no timeframe for PCC.

Last edited:
Reactions: anuch2588

Bhuppi

Jan 11, 2019
Hi All,

I have got my visa expired gor me and my family. Extention is filed on dec 22nd. However , we are yet to receive a copy of receipt. For more information our i94 is also expired now. Any suggestions if we cam go for pcc with all other documents Will they understand such scenario
Even I had the same problem..They know the process and you just need to carry I797b copy.

S0324

Jul 25, 2018
India
My fiance is applying for Indian PCC (indian passport) from Atlanta Consulate. I understand that the passport has to be submitted at Atlanta consulate and they return along with pcc after its processing. He's planning to visit India in March first week. So we can't submit his passport for 6 to 8 weeks. Can he get his passport the same day and await PCC for the 6 to 8 weeks processing time? Or they hold the passport for its entire processing time?

Bhuppi

Jan 11, 2019
My fiance is applying for Indian PCC (indian passport) from Atlanta Consulate. I understand that the passport has to be submitted at Atlanta consulate and they return along with pcc after its processing. He's planning to visit India in March first week. So we can't submit his passport for 6 to 8 weeks. Can he get his passport the same day and await PCC for the 6 to 8 weeks processing time? Or they hold the passport for its entire processing time?
Don't know about Atlanta but for New York if you are going in person, they issue PCC same day most of the time without keeping your passport.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
If submitting in person you will get passport back on the spot.

Reactions: S0324

S0324

Jul 25, 2018
India
If submitting in person you will get passport back on the spot.
That's a huge relief. Thanks @cansha. Would you mind helping me with another question pls?

He's on H1B and working in the USA since 2013. He has applied for FBI report. For India's PCC report, should he need to apply at Indian consulate at USA? As he's traveling to India, he can get one from here, with less wait time. Would that be acceptable or he specifically has to apply for Indian pcc from the Indian Consulate, the USA?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
That's a huge relief. Thanks @cansha. Would you mind helping me with another question pls?

He's on H1B and working in the USA since 2013. He has applied for FBI report. For India's PCC report, should he need to apply at Indian consulate at USA? As he's traveling to India, he can get one from here, with less wait time. Would that be acceptable or he specifically has to apply for Indian pcc from the Indian Consulate, the USA?
Apply from consulate. Pcc needs to cover the time of last visit to India.

aartivig289

Apr 17, 2019
Hello,

I have been living in USA for the last 5 years. But we moved to a new apartment a few days back in the same state. I do not have address proof for the new apartment since utility bills are yet to be generated.
How do i fill out columns 8(a), 8(b) and 9 for the same. I do have a permanent address in India, which I am assuming will go in 8(a)

Also, can i request police verification with my old address in US, for which I have sufficient address proof. But the mailing address on the return envelope will be the new one. Is it feasible or is there another way to get this done ?

Any hep will be much appreciated.

Thanks

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Also, can i request police verification with my old address in US,
There won't be any verification done in USA. If needed, the verification will be done at address in India. You can still use the old address in case you are submitting the documents in person because then you can pick the passports in person.

Don't you have lease agreement for the new address?