+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about Indian PCC from Indian Embassy USA

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Hello Folks,

Just recd ITA today and had a question about Indian PCC. I am going to apply in the US embassy - the address on my passport issued in India is old and no one stays there.

On the forms required by the consulate, there is a need to mention permanent address. Can I mention the one on the passport to keep it consistent - since police check on that address was already done earlier. Don't want to delay the process by giving a new Indian address if there is no verification involved.

Anyone in a similar situation - what has been your experience?

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Hello Folks,

Just recd ITA today and had a question about Indian PCC. I am going to apply in the US embassy - the address on my passport issued in India is old and no one stays there.

On the forms required by the consulate, there is a need to mention permanent address. Can I mention the one on the passport to keep it consistent - since police check on that address was already done earlier. Don't want to delay the process by giving a new Indian address if there is no verification involved.

Anyone in a similar situation - what has been your experience?
Hi karthik2479,

Based on my personal experience getting the Indian PCC from an Indian Consulate in the US, generally, if you have a passport that is valid, they do not require any other Indian Address proof.

It was a pretty short affair for us when me and my spouse got ours from Chicago, in person. You have to be there with all required documents before noon.
  • Copy of the passport notarized at a local UPS
  • Copy of US drivers license notarized at local UPS
  • Copy of legal status document issued by USA (for an H1-B visa that is the I-797, for F1 visas, the I-20, or EAD card, OR Greencard OR copy of I-140 if green card pending) notarized
  • Application form for miscellaneous services (downloadable at consulate website)
  • A letter addressed to the consulate requesting for issuance police clearance certificate
  • A Demand Draft or Money Order (Chicago did not take cash or Credit cards) of $28 per PCC (edited, $28 per PCC not 20)
They will take the above AND your passport and give you a counterfoil and ask you to come back between 3.30PM & 5PM WITH the counterfoil

At the en, you will get a paper document issued by the Counsulate General as well as your passport with a stamp stating that PCC was issued

-S.

Reactions: thisworks

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Thanks! I will be applying in person at Atlanta - here notaries do not put their attestation on passport or DL copies so no choice but to just take photocopies

If I may ask, were both of your passports issued in Chicago or India - based on your response it seems to be a straight forward affair. I will just put the address on my passport in that case.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Thanks! I will be applying in person at Atlanta - here notaries do not put their attestation on passport or DL copies so no choice but to just take photocopies

If I may ask, were both of your passports issued in Chicago or India - based on your response it seems to be a straight forward affair. I will just put the address on my passport in that case.

In both our cases, we had to get those renewed while here in US, thus both issued here in Chicago Consulate itself.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Ok I suppose that may have been the reason for quick turnaround! I plan to go tomorrow - will report on my experience

Thanks again -

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Also, if you are applying in person, just take the originals along with the copies even if notary does not notarize PP/DL copies. I bungled up and forgot my DL copy, but the consulate officials made one for me and accepted it. :p

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Ok I suppose that may have been the reason for quick turnaround! I plan to go tomorrow - will report on my experience

Thanks again -
Might be, but judging by their process and how mechanical they were about the whole thing in Chicago, I suspect the turn around would be same for Indian issued PPs as well...

All the best.

Reactions: karthik2479

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Just submitted my application at the Indian embassy in Atlanta - was told the minimum time would be 1 week or longer - strange how the other consulates are providing it the same day - I can understand for passports issued by them but even for other passports.

I was met with strange looks when I enquired about the same day service - as regards the address was asked to fill current address where relatives reside in India - accordingto them, they will do verification.

Will report back once I hear from the consulate on the timelines.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Hello guys..need help. I'm currently in US. Do I need PCC from USA only or from India also?
You would need a PCC from every country where you have spent 6 months. And the 6 mounths is counted cumulatively, e.g. if you spent 2 months in singapore in 2008, another 2 months in 2009 and another 2 months in 2015, then that totals to 6 months and thus you would need a PCC.

vipaldua

May 18, 2017
You would need a PCC from every country where you have spent 6 months. And the 6 mounths is counted cumulatively, e.g. if you spent 2 months in singapore in 2008, another 2 months in 2009 and another 2 months in 2015, then that totals to 6 months and thus you would need a PCC.
Thank You!

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
@karthik2479 .. any updates on Indian PCC from Atlanta consulate? A friend of a friend was also going to try there.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
@karthik2479 .. any updates on Indian PCC from Atlanta consulate? A friend of a friend was also going to try there.
Yes - have received it for self and spouse - they took 1 week - for reference my passport was issued in India but I gave a different address (from the one mentioned on it) since no one resides there at present and wife's was issued in London. They spelt my name incorrectly so had to get it corrected but fortunately they did it on the spot.