+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about Indian PCC from Indian Embassy USA

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
Typically, they want to look at the person .. not that the person has to do anything, I think it is just to confirm that the person exists
saw your signature that you live in US

how do you plan to get your PR card no that you have got COPR?

do you plan to pick them yourself or will you have someone courier it to you in the USA?

Is it ok to courier them to an address in USA?

any ideas?

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Can anyone confirm if i can take documents on behalf of my wife for pcc at indian consolate chicago. I have a very small kid and hence wife doesnot want to go.
I took documents for my wife in NY consulate, there was no issue with that.

May 4, 2017
I posted My documents via mail and I didn’t go physically.
Hi,

Wanted to check few things regarding PCC with Indian Consulate - Altanta. We stay in Florida and will be sending our docs through Fedex to Atlanta Consulate;
1) Do we have to notarize all photocopies of passport, visa and residence proof for both self & spouse PCC applications?
2) For H1B cases, will the copy of visa in passport along with I-94 be enough or do we need to send a copy of I-797 as well?
3) For H4 cases, will the copy of visa in passport along with I-94 be enough?
3) Is it required to send a letter to embassy as well specifying the reason for PCC like Canada Immigration...etc?
4) Do we need to send 3 copies of Personal Particulars Proforma per application for PCC?

Thanks!

coolguy_dec

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Hi,

Wanted to check few things regarding PCC with Indian Consulate - Altanta. We stay in Florida and will be sending our docs through Fedex to Atlanta Consulate;
1) Do we have to notarize all photocopies of passport, visa and residence proof for both self & spouse PCC applications?
2) For H1B cases, will the copy of visa in passport along with I-94 be enough or do we need to send a copy of I-797 as well?
3) For H4 cases, will the copy of visa in passport along with I-94 be enough?
3) Is it required to send a letter to embassy as well specifying the reason for PCC like Canada Immigration...etc?
4) Do we need to send 3 copies of Personal Particulars Proforma per application for PCC?

Thanks!
Notarisation is not needed.
Visa colored copy along with I 94 is fine. Need to send 797 if visa is not stamped.
Yes the reason needs to be mentioned as they stamp it why PCC and for which country they issued is for
Make sure to include the checlist of docs submitted along with return label
Yes 3 performa copies need to be submitted as per the website

coolguy_dec

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Make sure to include the
Visa colored copy along with I 94 is fine. Need to send 797 if visa is not stamped.
Yes the reason needs to be mentioned as they stamp it why PCC and for which country they issued is for
make sure to include the correct fees as well

May 4, 2017
Hi,

Thanks for your response!

Are you sure that photocopies need not be notarized since Indian Consulate - Atlanta website says as below;

"Supporting Documents:
Photocopy of all
supporting documents should be notarized and attached to the application. Do not send any original documents except the PASSPORT and the document to be attested."

Also while the website says 3 copies of performa, the performa particular form itself says 1 copy for PCC. Hence, since this is contradictory wanted to be doubly sure before sending my documents to Atlanta Consulate.

I've already got a black and white photocopy of my visa in passport. Is color photocopy of visa mandatory?

Thanks for your assistance!

coolguy_dec

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Hi,

Thanks for your response!

Are you sure that photocopies need not be notarized since Indian Consulate - Atlanta website says as below;

"Supporting Documents:
Photocopy of all
supporting documents should be notarized and attached to the application. Do not send any original documents except the PASSPORT and the document to be attested."

Also while the website says 3 copies of performa, the performa particular form itself says 1 copy for PCC. Hence, since this is contradictory wanted to be doubly sure before sending my documents to Atlanta Consulate.

I've already got a black and white photocopy of my visa in passport. Is color photocopy of visa mandatory?

Thanks for your assistance!
Since I appeared in person and ahowed my original docs did not get the copies notarise.
In your case you will have to get them notarize

Madhu328

Jul 6, 2017
Hi,

My husband's H1B extension is in process for the last 5 months. We haven't received any update yet. So, he only has an expired visa on his passport, I-797 with the previous H1B details and a receipt which shows that we have applied for H1B extension in August 2017. Will the consulate still consider these documents to issue PCC ?

Thanks!

May 4, 2017
Hi,

My husband's H1B extension is in process for the last 5 months. We haven't received any update yet. So, he only has an expired visa on his passport, I-797 with the previous H1B details and a receipt which shows that we have applied for H1B extension in August 2017. Will the consulate still consider these documents to issue PCC ?

Thanks!

Hi Madhu328,

I think that PCC for this case might be at the discretion of the Consulate. You can still provide all the documents along with current I-797 receipt and a letter of explanation stating your efforts to regularize your visa status. You will also have to provide a handwritten letter to Consulate stating the reason for PCC as ' Canada Immigration'. Please refer to the below link of The Consulate of India, Atlanta for PCC ( where they have mentioned about the letter of explanation ).

Regards

Madhu328

Jul 6, 2017
Hi Madhu328,

I think that PCC for this case might be at the discretion of the Consulate. You can still provide all the documents along with current I-797 receipt and a letter of explanation stating your efforts to regularize your visa status. You will also have to provide a handwritten letter to Consulate stating the reason for PCC as ' Canada Immigration'. Please refer to the below link of The Consulate of India, Atlanta for PCC ( where they have mentioned about the letter of explanation ).

Regards
Thank you very much, ChitraChandrashekhar! Appreciate your quick response. As per your suggestion, we will contact Indian Consulate in US and see if they agree to issue PCC considering our current situation.

Prakar201712

Jan 26, 2018
Hi Madhu328,

Regards
Can anyone help me with the pcc cerificate form for atlanta? i did not find on the website.

In the proforma Form ,It said to add a copy of police clearce certificate.

http://www.indianconsulateatlanta.org/pdf/ppertpro.pdf

Thanks,
Prakar.