+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about Indian PCC from Indian Embassy USA

May 4, 2017
Can anyone help me with the pcc cerificate form for atlanta? i did not find on the website.

In the proforma Form ,It said to add a copy of police clearce certificate.

http://www.indianconsulateatlanta.org/pdf/ppertpro.pdf

Thanks,
Prakar.

Hi Prakar,

Please follow the link below. You will find an exhaustive explanation and format of the application form (1 copy for each applicant) as well as proforma form (3 copy for each applicant) to be submitted.

http://www.indianconsulateatlanta.org/page/pcc/

Hope this helps.

Regards

nextupca

Feb 2, 2018
Hi,

Wanted to check few things regarding PCC with Indian Consulate - Altanta. We stay in Florida and will be sending our docs through Fedex to Atlanta Consulate;
1) Do we have to notarize all photocopies of passport, visa and residence proof for both self & spouse PCC applications?
2) For H1B cases, will the copy of visa in passport along with I-94 be enough or do we need to send a copy of I-797 as well?
3) For H4 cases, will the copy of visa in passport along with I-94 be enough?
3) Is it required to send a letter to embassy as well specifying the reason for PCC like Canada Immigration...etc?
4) Do we need to send 3 copies of Personal Particulars Proforma per application for PCC?

Thanks!
Hello ChitraChandrashekhar,

I’m in the same situation (living in FL and planning to mail the docs to Indian embassy, Atlanta). Can you please share your timeline for the process and anything to watch out for.

Thanks!

May 4, 2017
Hello ChitraChandrashekhar,

I’m in the same situation (living in FL and planning to mail the docs to Indian embassy, Atlanta). Can you please share your timeline for the process and anything to watch out for.

Thanks!
Hi,

https://www.indianconsulateatlanta.org/page/pcc/

This is the link for information regarding PCC from Indian Consulate. You can refer to it for documents and process. It generally takes around 3 to 4 weeks.

Regards

aiyosami

Jun 19, 2017
Yes - have received it for self and spouse - they took 1 week - for reference my passport was issued in India but I gave a different address (from the one mentioned on it) since no one resides there at present and wife's was issued in London. They spelt my name incorrectly so had to get it corrected but fortunately they did it on the spot.

My husband's passport was issued in London as well - they need more time for processing. Mine was renewed in Chicago, so was given the same day. Hoping to get his soon!

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
My passport was issued in NYC in 2016. i applied PCC for me and my wife on 19th Feb. they sent the PCC of my wife within 3 days but when i called Atlanta embassy they said 'they did not received information(or mail) from them(india i guess) regarding me and also scared me with 'it may take a month or even more' really ??

Did anyone face this situation? Appreciate your response!!

nextupca

Feb 2, 2018
My passport was issued in NYC in 2016. i applied PCC for me and my wife on 19th Feb. they sent the PCC of my wife within 3 days but when i called Atlanta embassy they said 'they did not received information(or mail) from them(india i guess) regarding me and also scared me with 'it may take a month or even more' really ??

I am in the same boat. My wife's PCC was issued within a week and mine is stuck for verification from India

nextupca

Feb 2, 2018

Any updates on your PCC ?

raman12312

Mar 19, 2018

I am in the same boat as well and was told that i can send someone to my regional passport office in India and that might get things done faster. Has anyone followed this approach to get it done faster?

move2NA2018

Mar 8, 2018
Hi, have a different question related to PCC:

Lived in US till May 2016 for almost 12 years then returned to India. I'll get PCC done from Regional Passport office in India for stay in India. But what about stay in US?

Tried emailing Houston Consulate, they said, only RPO in India can do PCC for US stay since my visa is expired. Anyone else experienced this situation?

raman12312

Mar 19, 2018
Hi, have a different question related to PCC:

Lived in US till May 2016 for almost 12 years then returned to India. I'll get PCC done from Regional Passport office in India for stay in India. But what about stay in US?

Tried emailing Houston Consulate, they said, only RPO in India can do PCC for US stay since my visa is expired. Anyone else experienced this situation?
Try https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
US PCC is done by FBI and that's how far i can think.

sk922

Mar 20, 2018
Hey Guys,

My PCC request documents reached SF consulate on 03/08 but have not heard from them since.

What is the current time line at SF Consulate and if I want to contact regarding the status of my application is there a contact center number?

divyashreebajpai

Dec 12, 2017
Hi Guys,

Please help me out with following queries:

I am currently in the US and in process of getting PCC from FBI and Indian Consulate.

1. I would be submitting my documents by mail to San Francisco Consulate, do I have to send my original passport also? And PCC is something which Indian Consulate would be issuing to me, I just have to send:
- Application of Misc. Services form
- Personal Particulars Form
- Self-attested copy of first and last pages of passport.
- Notarized proof of US visa status
- Notarized US address proof.

Am I missing anything in the package?

2. I would be moving to India soon and probably would be responding to ITA from India so should I get the PPC done from San Francisco consulate or from Indian passport office?

3. My spouse (non-accompanying family member) would be in the US and to submit the medical certificate she would be submitting from the US hospital and I would be submitting from an Indian hospital, will it be a cause of red flag? Or I should also get my medical done in the US and submit that even if I am responding to ITA from India?