+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC from US embassy - via mail and in person

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Just wanted to share my experience getting Indian PCC both via in-person application and mailing the application.
My husband and I maintain residences in different states so we did an in person application drop at Atlanta and mailed the application to NYC

In person at Atlanta consulate

1. Pretty much follow the guidelines on the consulate website.
2. Atlanta consulate has an additional form called miscellaneous service form as well which can be found on their website. You’ll need to take 3 copies.
3. So you’ll need 4 photographs in total. One for the application form and 3 for the miscellaneous service form.
4. Take exact cash. Far easier to pay that way.
5. Atlanta consulate stamps your passport when you receive the PCC so make sure you include that stamp when you submit the travel docs post ITA. Also ensure you have space for the stamp because it takes up one full page to stamp it.
6. The first time we went we got the PCC on the same day. The second time we submitted the docs on a Thursday and got the call only on Monday.

Mailing to New York consulate

1. Again pretty much follow the website directions.
2. No miscellaneous forms. Only an application form
3. NYC doesn’t stamp your passport but the receipt will be attached to your passport when it’s returned to you.
4. When I sent early in January 2018, I sent the fees as a single money order but now the language in the website has been changed to two separate money orders - one for the service fee and another for the ICWF fee. Check with the consulate before sending your application.
5. It takes them about one week (3-4 business days) from receipt to open the packet and then about 2 business days to process the application. In total your passport and PCC should be available to you by 10 days max.
6. Someone from the consulate will call you to check on which country you want the PCC for. Alternatively, you can include a cover letter in your application packet sayings it’s for Canada immigration.
7. I used USPS Express 1 day shipping and it was done on time.

Reactions: jaysal

Srukar

Feb 6, 2018
Just wanted to share my experience getting Indian PCC both via in-person application and mailing the application.
My husband and I maintain residences in different states so we did an in person application drop at Atlanta and mailed the application to NYC

2. Atlanta consulate has an additional form called miscellaneous service form as well which can be found on their website. You’ll need to take 3 copies.
3. So you’ll need 4 photographs in total. One for the application form and 3 for the miscellaneous service form.
5. Atlanta consulate stamps your passport when you receive the PCC so make sure you include that stamp when you submit the travel docs post ITA. Also ensure you have space for the stamp because it takes up one full page to stamp it.
6. The first time we went we got the PCC on the same day. The second time we submitted the docs on a Thursday and got the call only on Monday.

3. NYC doesn’t stamp your passport but the receipt will be attached to your passport when it’s returned to you.
4. When I sent early in January 2018, I sent the fees as a single money order but now the language in the website has been changed to two separate money orders - one for the service fee and another for the ICWF fee. Check with the consulate before sending your application.
5. It takes them about one week (3-4 business days) from receipt to open the packet and then about 2 business days to process the application. In total your passport and PCC should be available to you by 10 days max.
6. Someone from the consulate will call you to check on which country you want the PCC for. Alternatively, you can include a cover letter in your application packet sayings it’s for Canada immigration.
Hi Albak, I see that you recently applied for Indian PCC. I am currently in florida and planning to mail my application to Atlanta Consulate. I had couple of queries -
1. Do we need notarization for the copies of passport as well (Since we will include the original passport in the package)? I already got the notarization for the proof of status and also the proof of residence.
2. How do we send a return label from USPS? I couldnt see any option to create a shipping label online from USPS. Can you help me with this ?

Thanks!

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
1) You notarize only the documents which you are not sending the original copies of. So notarizing passport pages is not required.

2) I sent an envelope with a tracking number along with the documents. You can also send a money order of $20 instead.

Srukar

Feb 6, 2018
1) You notarize only the documents which you are not sending the original copies of. So notarizing passport pages is not required.

2) I sent an envelope with a tracking number along with the documents. You can also send a money order of $20 instead.
on #2, I checked the Atlanta embassy website and they did not mention abut the $20 money order option for return mail. Are you sure on this ?

Thank you!

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
on #2, I checked the Atlanta embassy website and they did not mention abut the $20 money order option for return mail. Are you sure on this ?

Thank you!
Chicago consulate had that option so I assumed others would too.

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Is the fee for Atlanta embassy 45$ and it should be paid via Cashier's check only ?

If i apply in person. I do not need to make any photocopies right ?

Please help!!

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Is the fee for Atlanta embassy 45$ and it should be paid via Cashier's check only ?

If i apply in person. I do not need to make any photocopies right ?

Please help!!
If you apply in person, you don’t need photocopies. Cashiers check, money order or cash are fine. Cash is not accepted if applying by mail.

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hi Albak, I see that you recently applied for Indian PCC. I am currently in florida and planning to mail my application to Atlanta Consulate. I had couple of queries -
1. Do we need notarization for the copies of passport as well (Since we will include the original passport in the package)? I already got the notarization for the proof of status and also the proof of residence.
2. How do we send a return label from USPS? I couldnt see any option to create a shipping label online from USPS. Can you help me with this ?

Thanks!
Hey...Hi Srukar. I'm in Florida too trying to mail out to Atlanta Indian embassy. shall we connect on a phone call ? Please let me know if i can message you my number or you can do so and i will call you..

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
[URL='https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/members/srukar.732114/' said:
Srukar[/URL]"Newbie here, post: 6710940, member: 683957"]Hey...Hi Srukar. I'm in Florida too trying to mail out to Atlanta Indian embassy. shall we connect on a phone call ? Please let me know if i can message you my number or you can do so and i will call you..

Srukar

Feb 6, 2018

Hello Appar,

Do we need to send photos as well along with the application ?

nextupca

Feb 2, 2018

Hello Albak,

Were you able to track the application (via online or phone) after you mailed it to NY consulate? I’m wondering how you were able to find out when they started processing your application once it reached them.

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Hello Albak,

Were you able to track the application (via online or phone) after you mailed it to NY consulate? I’m wondering how you were able to find out when they started processing your application once it reached them.
I did track both the onward and return packages for delivery. As for the actual processing, NY consulate called me when they started processing the application and said that they would send it out via mail the next day.

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Helo...

My passport was issued in NYC in 2016. i applied PCC for me and my wife on 19th Feb. they sent the PCC of my wife within 3 days but when i called Atlanta embassy they said 'they did not received information(or mail) from them(india i guess) regarding me and also scared me with 'it may take a month or even more' really ???
what do you think ?

Appreciate your response!!

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Helo...

My passport was issued in NYC in 2016. i applied PCC for me and my wife on 19th Feb. they sent the PCC of my wife within 3 days but when i called Atlanta embassy they said 'they did not received information(or mail) from them(india i guess) regarding me and also scared me with 'it may take a month or even more' really ???
what do you think ?

Appreciate your response!!
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do at the moment but wait.

Reactions: Newbie here