+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about Indian PCC from Indian Embassy USA

rgn

Jul 9, 2018
Any one recently send documents in mail to NYC consulate? If so i have few questions. I see 2 diff types of info on their site
1. i renewed my pp from NYC. so should i sent both old and new original pps in the mail
2. how many pages of photocopies needed [also should i send copies from old PP]
3. how much is the fee? application form says 20 for process + 10$/20$ for mail . But the ref 1 i mentioned below has diff fee amounts
4. Do i need to notarize it or self attest it?

Thanks in advance

REf 1: https://www.indiainnewyork.gov.in/pages?id=eyJpdiI6IkJ2T2REUW9XM0Q2TDZPMW9vcjllZlE9PSIsInZhbHVlIjoibzBcL1hwNzNBXC9uSURvRWRpbjJYcFVRPT0iLCJtYWMiOiIxZDRiZjlmMjIwZjFkOWU5ZGI4MjcyY2ZjNDdmOTllNDVlYzVmMDc0MmNhZjY0MDZiNGJlNGUyMTI1ZmEzOTlkIn0=&subid=eyJpdiI6Ikg3Y3hucFwvXC9pdmRNNE1JMVlZXC9FeUE9PSIsInZhbHVlIjoiXC96Wk80WkR2NXlpYTZ3OGJMcDhaS2c9PSIsIm1hYyI6IjU2MDgxZmNkZDVlNzBlMWEyOGMxMDNjYmM3YjY0NzhiOGNiYmIwNDJlMWVhMDUwYWJjMTlkNDNmMGIyNzg0YjIifQ==&nextid=eyJpdiI6Inl4c1BqYVwvWXBGSTREVWkrSmNRMkdRPT0iLCJ2YWx1ZSI6Ikw4d096V3FRRTNDa29EY2RpZDAwNFE9PSIsIm1hYyI6IjIyMDdhNjY4MWJiODk2MjY0ZDNjYWE0ZmVmY2VlYjQwMzAzYWFiODVjZmI0ODYxMjAwOGM0ZWJjZjBlYzI5ZjMifQ==

Ref 2: application form.

gogetters

May 7, 2018
I recently received ITA and my spouse is in India right now, but he is travelling next week. However, he will need his passport till Aug as he is joining bschool here. My queries are:
1. Can we get an exemption from sending original passport for PCC?
2. If we apply in person, does it have to be the same embassy as per our jurisdiction? There is another embassy closer than that one.
3. If my spouse will change address within US, i.e. move to a different state, can we still get a PCC on his existing address?

Aug 3, 2018
Hi,

I just have a small query here. I came to USA in May 2018 and i would like to apply for Indian PCC through Indian consulate. I donot have any driving licence here is US or even any other address proof. Address proof's are on my husband's name and i have a marriage certificate available with me. will that be considered? Or should i get any other address proof first before applying?

please help me here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,

I just have a small query here. I came to USA in May 2018 and i would like to apply for Indian PCC through Indian consulate. I donot have any driving licence here is US or even any other address proof. Address proof's are on my husband's name and i have a marriage certificate available with me. will that be considered? Or should i get any other address proof first before applying?

please help me here.
I think that should work. it would be better if you can call the consulate and confirm. Is your husband applying for PCC with you?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
thanks for your reply. I will call the consulate office and check.
Yes my husband is also applying PCC,
Okay in that case I think it should be fine if you give marriage certificate as additional proof. Also you can also check if you can add your name to either lease agreement or to a utility bill. For utility bill it may be as simple as adding name online. And if you are in an apartment building adding name to apartment lease will also be a fairly easy process.

CanadaPR_455

Apr 6, 2018
Hi,

I am planning to apply for PCC in Chicago but Chicago Embassy has another "Personal Perticulars Form" apart from the "Application form". What is this Personal Particular form is about? In the Personal Perticulars Form, I need to provide "Application file number", "present and permanent address with police station", "References" etc. I am not aware of all these fields like, I don't know what to fill in application number, whether the present & permanent address would be my Indian address and can my parents name be put as my references.

It will be really helpful if someone can share a sample format of this form like you shared the other forms. Also in Chicago Embassy website, the return mailing fee amount is not mentioned. I was trying to call them couple of times, but no one picked my call. Can someone please guide me on this or share their experience.

I live around 8 hours from Chicago, but still want to go in person and submit because, I am really confused about the addresses that I need to fill in this form.

Thanks in advance.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,

I am planning to apply for PCC in Chicago but Chicago Embassy has another "Personal Perticulars Form" apart from the "Application form". What is this Personal Particular form is about? In the Personal Perticulars Form, I need to provide "Application file number", "present and permanent address with police station", "References" etc. I am not aware of all these fields like, I don't know what to fill in application number, whether the present & permanent address would be my Indian address and can my parents name be put as my references.

It will be really helpful if someone can share a sample format of this form like you shared the other forms. Also in Chicago Embassy website, the return mailing fee amount is not mentioned. I was trying to call them couple of times, but no one picked my call. Can someone please guide me on this or share their experience.

I live around 8 hours from Chicago, but still want to go in person and submit because, I am really confused about the addresses that I need to fill in this form.

Thanks in advance.
Present address will be the USA address where you currently live. Permanent address is the Indian address. References can not be family members. It has to be the neighbors who can vouch for you in case your police verification is needed in India.

CanadaPR_455

Apr 6, 2018
Present address will be the USA address where you currently live. Permanent address is the Indian address. References can not be family members. It has to be the neighbors who can vouch for you in case your police verification is needed in India.
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

What should I fill for Question 9a & 9b. Also do you know how much money order do I need to carry for Chicago consulate apart from 27$. It's not clearly mentioned on their website.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Also the website clearly states that you need to send them a prepaid mailing label if you want your pcc back by mail. So just include a prepaid mailing label.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

What should I fill for Question 9a & 9b. Also do you know how much money order do I need to carry for Chicago consulate apart from 27$. It's not clearly mentioned on their website.
If you’re going in person no need to carry money order. You can pay in cash. Money order is needed if you want to mail in your application. Only 27$ needed. For mail back include a prepaid label. Also what are question 9a and b?

CanadaPR_455

Apr 6, 2018
Thank you so much. So you are saying even if I visit in person, I should carry a pre-paid mailing label along with 27$ fee and other documents right? Also, just the photocopy will work right? No need to notarize it.

I just have another question. Since my DL doesn't have my latest US address (moved to a different place last month), so I am planning to carry either my rental agreement or Utility bill as my address proof. Since they are soft copy which I can take a printout, do I need to notarize them?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you so much. So you are saying even if I visit in person, I should carry a pre-paid mailing label along with 27$ fee and other documents right? Also, just the photocopy will work right? No need to notarize it.

I just have another question. Since my DL doesn't have my latest US address (moved to a different place last month), so I am planning to carry either my rental agreement or Utility bill as my address proof. Since they are soft copy which I can take a printout, do I need to notarize them?
Yes if you’re going in person and you have original documents with you no need for authorization. Utility bill or rental agreement both are fine. Also you need to write an application on why you need PCC and for what country you’re applying it for. Again this is mentioned on the website.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

Also I’ll warn you if you’re planning to go in person make sure you reach between 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. They will not accept application after 12:30 PM. You said you live 8 hours away so plan accordingly.