+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC's Spousal Sponsorship Application Forms [GUIDE]

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Hi, thank you so much for all this information. I also have another question this is regarding the federal application. I downloaded the document checklist for the federal application. In IMM 0008 question 6 it is mentioned if you already received csq. As far as I know (and how you explained) you can get your csq after your application got accepted? How should I proceed? Or could you send me the correct checklist please in case I have a wrong one? Thanks in advance
Simply check no, you don't have a CSQ yet at this point of the process so there's no need to include it.

Xeri

Jun 16, 2021
Simply check no, you don't have a CSQ yet at this point of the process so there's no need to include it.
OK. I was just not sure because in the guide of the application package it says, You need to apply for csq for the application to be processed. But for you it worked without problem?

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
OK. I was just not sure because in the guide of the application package it says, You need to apply for csq for the application to be processed. But for you it worked without problem?
Just to be sure, which guide are you referring to exactly? Is it this one? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html

Anyhow, you will need to apply for a CSQ if you're intending to live in Quebec, but IRCC will tell you when to apply for your CSQ when the process is advanced enough. You can see in my "timeline" below my post that IRCC requested my CSQ over 2 months after I sent in my application package. At that point I applied for a CSQ which took another few months to receive.

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Hi, thank you so much for all this information. I also have another question this is regarding the federal application. I downloaded the document checklist for the federal application. In IMM 0008 question 6 it is mentioned if you already received csq. As far as I know (and how you explained) you can get your csq after your application got accepted? How should I proceed? Or could you send me the correct checklist please in case I have a wrong one? Thanks in advance
They are only asking if you have any already. Since you don't (in most cases), you can safely select NO.

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
The document checklist is for more than one application type, some where you might have the CSQ before, but it's not the case for spousal sponsorships (as far as I know) so you just don't include it

NatashaTS

Aug 12, 2019
Hey,
I wanted to know, on the document 0527 it says to fill out under certain conditions. If those do not apply to me do I have to fill it out anyway?

sara10022

Jun 2, 2022
Hello Guys,a question
I am applying for CSQ for my father(via PGP 2021)

my question is about this form: A1520BF.pdf

should my husband sign this document ?
I am the only guarantor and I do not need any co-guarantor.

djjosh

Aug 10, 2021
Hello, I have a few questions about Quebec outland application. I've already sent in the application to IRCC and currently waiting for AOR.

In preparing the documents for Quebec some questions have arisen:
1) Is there an instruction booklet available in English for the application? The only link I can find is this but I'm not sure how up to date it is --> http://collections.banq.qc.ca/ark:/52327/bs59430

2) Regarding CSQ, is the CSQ application form part of the Quebec undertaking kit? In this link: https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/sponsor-family-member/sponsoring-spouse-conjugal-partner/submitting-undertaking-application

One of the forms is called 'Permanent Selection application' also called form A-0520-BF. Is that the CSQ application form?

If so, I assume this form is submitted along with the undertaking kit and the letter from IRCC giving approval?

I ask this because in the above mentioned instruction guide it states the following: "Accordingly, before submitting your undertaking application to the Québec government, you must send an Application for a Selection Certificate – Family class and the Guide for Sponsored Persons to the person you wish to sponsor. He or she must read the documents, fill out and sign the form and return it to you as soon as possible."

It says BEFORE submitting the undertaking to send the CSQ application to the sponsored person so is this A-0520-BF or not? If not, where to get the CSQ application form?

3) My spouse is abroad in Russia, how can I send the application form for signature? There is no delivery to Russia currently given the situation there.

Thank you.

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Hello, I have a few questions about Quebec outland application. I've already sent in the application to IRCC and currently waiting for AOR.

In preparing the documents for Quebec some questions have arisen:
1) Is there an instruction booklet available in English for the application? The only link I can find is this but I'm not sure how up to date it is --> http://collections.banq.qc.ca/ark:/52327/bs59430

2) Regarding CSQ, is the CSQ application form part of the Quebec undertaking kit? In this link: https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/sponsor-family-member/sponsoring-spouse-conjugal-partner/submitting-undertaking-application

One of the forms is called 'Permanent Selection application' also called form A-0520-BF. Is that the CSQ application form?

If so, I assume this form is submitted along with the undertaking kit and the letter from IRCC giving approval?

I ask this because in the above mentioned instruction guide it states the following: "Accordingly, before submitting your undertaking application to the Québec government, you must send an Application for a Selection Certificate – Family class and the Guide for Sponsored Persons to the person you wish to sponsor. He or she must read the documents, fill out and sign the form and return it to you as soon as possible."

It says BEFORE submitting the undertaking to send the CSQ application to the sponsored person so is this A-0520-BF or not? If not, where to get the CSQ application form?

3) My spouse is abroad in Russia, how can I send the application form for signature? There is no delivery to Russia currently given the situation there.

Thank you.
Check here

Zuzu1983

Mar 23, 2023
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-03-2023
AOR Received.
01-04-2023
Med's Request
06-04-2023
Med's Done....
10-04-2023
Thanks very much. But what do about getting signature from my spouse who lives abroad in Russia? No courier will deliver mail there now and I don't know anyone going to Russia who can take the form for me.
Can you spouse print the form and sign it first, then have it sent to you from Russia?

djjosh

Aug 10, 2021
Can you spouse print the form and sign it first, then have it sent to you from Russia?
Unfortunately, no. She looked into that, mail delivery is impossible to Russia these days in either direction.

I was wondering, what if she prints it out, then signs it, then scans it back in, then sends to me via email after which I print it out, would that work?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Unfortunately, no. She looked into that, mail delivery is impossible to Russia these days in either direction.

I was wondering, what if she prints it out, then signs it, then scans it back in, then sends to me via email after which I print it out, would that work?
DHL still works. At least it did so three months ago. Moscow to Montreal in 7 calendar days. MIFI does not accept scanned and then printed versions. You could theoretically do that and with current printing quality it might be unnoticeable. But I`ve chosen to pay for DHL rather than risking delays.

djjosh

Aug 10, 2021
DHL still works. At least it did so three months ago. Moscow to Montreal in 7 calendar days. MIFI does not accept scanned and then printed versions. You could theoretically do that and with current printing quality it might be unnoticeable. But I`ve chosen to pay for DHL rather than risking delays.
This is what it says on the DHL site.

Our inbound services to Russia and Belarus have been suspended, which is why we are also not accepting shipments to those countries. As part of this suspension, DHL Express has also decided to stop its domestic services within Russia, effective September 1st, 2022.