+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC's Spousal Sponsorship Application Forms [GUIDE]

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
This is what it says on the DHL site.

Our inbound services to Russia and Belarus have been suspended, which is why we are also not accepting shipments to those countries. As part of this suspension, DHL Express has also decided to stop its domestic services within Russia, effective September 1st, 2022.
But you don't need inbound or domestic, do you? I used the service in late February this year. The notice you are talking about was already there.. Anyway, I just give you information, it's up to you to decide what to do with it.

djjosh

Aug 10, 2021
But you don't need inbound or domestic, do you? I used the service in late February this year. The notice you are talking about was already there.. Anyway, I just give you information, it's up to you to decide what to do with it.
Correct, I suppose I only need Russia to Canada. But my spouse checked and the DHL offices in her city are not open. Obviously I would prefer the DHL route or any other mailing option. I'll try inquiring with DHL and see what they say.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Correct, I suppose I only need Russia to Canada. But my spouse checked and the DHL offices in her city are not open. Obviously I would prefer the DHL route or any other mailing option. I'll try inquiring with DHL and see what they say.
Local offices can indeed be closed. But they have a large drop-off network. And that`s true, the coverage may be limited.
See: https://express.dhl.ru/en/contacts/ Enter the city in the search to get all locations.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah... I tried to ... but I don't see edit button on my interface.

I posted it on 16 Dec 2018. Hopefully admins/moderators can edit it now.

This is the current fee structure for 2019, if anyone is interested (Always Check THIS WEBSITE for latest Fees)
Paying the fees required to review your application
You must attach your payment to your application. Carefully verify the amount below to avoid having your application returned to you without being processed.
The fees to review your application are updated on January 1 of each year. Here are the fees charged to review an undertaking application effective January 1, 2023:
Sponsorship of a person: $310
Each additional person sponsored: $124
For example, to sponsor three persons: $558 ($310 + $124 + $124).
The fees must be paid:
  • in full
  • in Canadian funds only
  • by you or a third party
  • when the application is deposited or mailed
These fees are not refundable even if the application is rejected.
If the exact amount required is not provided, you will not be notified and your complete file will be returned to you by regular mail.
Accepted payment methods
You may pay by the following payment methods.
By credit card

You must complete and sign the Payment by credit card (PDF 139 Kb) form and attach it to your application. Clearly indicate the amount payable on the form, or else it will be returned to you. In case of refusal of your credit card transaction, you will not be notified and your entire docket will be returned to you by regular mail.
By postal money order, cheque and bank draft

The following postal money orders, cheques and bank drafts are accepted:
  • Canada Post money order
  • bank draft drawn on a Canadian bank
  • certified cheque drawn on a Canadian bank
  • cheque issued by a foreign exchange dealer
Postal money orders, cheques and bank drafts must:
  • Be made out to: Minister of Finance of Québec
  • Be mailed to the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration
  • Be identified with the applicant’s name in block letters on the back
The following payment methods are not accepted:
  • Payments in cash
  • Personal cheques
  • Traveller’s cheques

djjosh

Aug 10, 2021
I am single and living in Quebec, and I am sponsoring my wife who is also single. Outland. According to the website it says
Evaluation of financial capacity (PDF 433 Kb)
You must complete this form only if your husband or wife, de facto spouse or conjugal partner has a dependent child who also has a dependent child.

Does that mean I do not need to show financial capacity at all? No tax forms, employment letter, nothing?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I am single and living in Quebec, and I am sponsoring my wife who is also single. Outland. According to the website it says
Evaluation of financial capacity (PDF 433 Kb)
You must complete this form only if your husband or wife, de facto spouse or conjugal partner has a dependent child who also has a dependent child.

Does that mean I do not need to show financial capacity at all? No tax forms, employment letter, nothing?
You can't be single and have a wife. Single means "célibataire".
If your wife doesn't have children who have children on their own you don't have minimum income cutoff.
However, IRCC still will ask about how you plan to support your spouse. It's a standard question in the sponsorship checklist. Sometimes it's enough to have a simple explanation letter, sometimes they will ask a letter from employer and pay stubs.

djjosh

Aug 10, 2021
You can't be single and have a wife. Single means "célibataire".
If your wife doesn't have children who have children on their own you don't have minimum income cutoff.
However, IRCC still will ask about how you plan to support your spouse. It's a standard question in the sponsorship checklist. Sometimes it's enough to have a simple explanation letter, sometimes they will ask a letter from employer and pay stubs.
Haha, yeah still getting used to the idea I'm married!

I was asking specifically about the Quebec undertaking, it looks like I don't have to provide any financial documents to them.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Haha, yeah still getting used to the idea I'm married!

I was asking specifically about the Quebec undertaking, it looks like I don't have to provide any financial documents to them.
No, you don't need anything. For Quebec it's just few simple forms, SA, passport copy and... send the money :). See the checklist for complete set of forms, letters and documents to include.

Last edited:

vid_west

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
I am confused with this. Do I have to send two identical copies of the form A-0546-GF?

" Steps to take You must:
• Fill out this form in two copies based on the information you provided in the sponsorship application that was approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and include only the sponsored persons named in this application;
• Obtain authorization from IRCC if you want to add other family members to your undertaking application, change the status from “not accompanying” to “accompanying” for certain persons you are sponsoring, or change the principal sponsored person;"

What does this mean??

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I am confused with this. Do I have to send two identical copies of the form A-0546-GF?

" Steps to take You must:
• Fill out this form in two copies based on the information you provided in the sponsorship application that was approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and include only the sponsored persons named in this application;
• Obtain authorization from IRCC if you want to add other family members to your undertaking application, change the status from “not accompanying” to “accompanying” for certain persons you are sponsoring, or change the principal sponsored person;"

What does this mean??
Yes, you need to print, sign and send them two identical forms. One will be returned to you with added sponsorship information. (To be honest, they returned a photocopy of the original, but just do send two copies as they request)

Reactions: vid_west

djjosh

Aug 10, 2021
Yes, you need to print, sign and send them two identical forms. One will be returned to you with added sponsorship information. (To be honest, they returned a photocopy of the original, but just do send two copies as they request)
In the form A-0546, section 2 it asks about "Information on your spouse (where applicable)". Do I fill this section out of if I am sponsoring my spouse outland? Since her info also goes in section 3 "Information on the principal sponsored person"

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
In the form A-0546, section 2 it asks about "Information on your spouse (where applicable)". Do I fill this section out of if I am sponsoring my spouse outland? Since her info also goes in section 3 "Information on the principal sponsored person"
No, I think you don't have to fill it out. This is for other cases. I'll check tomorrow as I don't have my copy in front of me.

djjosh

Aug 10, 2021
No, I think you don't have to fill it out. This is for other cases. I'll check tomorrow as I don't have my copy in front of me.
Thanks that's what I was thinking too, it shouldn't be filled out if the PA is your spouse.