+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC's Spousal Sponsorship Application Forms [GUIDE]

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Quick question, in the Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008], right at the beggining we are asked for a CSQ number, or when we applied for the CSQ.

I am a little confused. Are we not supposed to send this form (and everything else) BEFORE applying for the CSQ?

My understanding was that we are supposed to send the entire application package, wait for approval to apply for CSQ and then move on to the next step.

Are we only supposed to send out the SPONSOR documents, i.e.:

Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)
Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation - 5532e

then apply for CSQ, and finally, send the Applicant documents after receiving the CSQ?

Thank you for helping out!

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Quick question, in the Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008], right at the beggining we are asked for a CSQ number, or when we applied for the CSQ.

I am a little confused. Are we not supposed to send this form (and everything else) BEFORE applying for the CSQ?

My understanding was that we are supposed to send the entire application package, wait for approval to apply for CSQ and then move on to the next step.

then apply for CSQ, and finally, send the Applicant documents after receiving the CSQ?

Not a lawyer or anything but I checked and it only asks IF you have received a CSQ at least on the 06-2020 version of the form. Some people may have received a CSQ prior to applying for permanent residency so they would have a CSQ already (if they're in Quebec through some other program or something). If you're only applying for PR and you do not currently have a CSQ, just check "No" to the question "Have you received your CSQ", leave the other fields blank, and they'll ask you to apply for the CSQ when your application reaches that point.

To proceed, you send the entire PR application all at once as a single package, so all the forms for both applicant AND sponsor, proof of relationship documents, official documents, scans of your IDs, translations of documents if necessary, etc. It should be a big brick of papers, and single submission in a single envelope. They'll process this for a while. Do NOT send in a partial application. To the best of my knowledge, it's a terrible idea.

In my case, they requested through that we apply for a CSQ about 10 weeks after they received my wife's FULL PR application. This letter is commonly referred to as "SA" for Sponsor Approval, when they determine that the sponsor meets the eligibility criteria. It contains the line "We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor" and then proceeds to explain that you need to submit an application to MIDI for your CSQ.

In order to apply for the CSQ *at all* for the purpose of PR, you NEED to include a copy of this SA document from the IRCC. MIDI *REQUIRES* this request from the IRCC in order to process your CSQ, so there's no possibility to get a CSQ before sending in the PR application to the IRCC.

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
I see, so, if I understand correctly: on the first page, #6 a) Have you received your CSQ? we check NO(Which darkens b) because we don't have the number), and then at c) If no, when did you apply for your CSQ _____ (YYYY-MM-DD) we simply leave it blank?

Is that right?

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007

The very first authentic source to refer to is Complete Guide IMM 5289

It clearly says the following on IRCC's website:

Now, let's see what it says on Quebec MIDI's website:

Also, a simple call to MIDI would clear this confusion.

IMM0008 form is a generic form used for multiple immigration streams, not just for Spousal Sponsorship.

Entire MIDI's procedure is explained HERE

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
I appreciate the response! So, at c) If no, when did you apply for your CSQ _____ (YYYY-MM-DD) we should simply leave it blank?

On the Canadian website, they write:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html

Question 6
If you plan to live in the Province of Quebec and are applying under a Quebec immigration program, have you received your Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ)?

1. Select the corresponding box
  2. If you selected “Yes”, enter the CSQ number
  3. If you selected “No”, enter the date when you applied for your CSQ (if you have not yet applied, please do so before applying for permanent residence)

I am a little confused, how can I do so before applying for permanent residence if we need to have applied for PR and received a letter from IRCC before we can apply for the CSQ?

Last edited:

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
I appreciate the response! So, at c) If no, when did you apply for your CSQ _____ (YYYY-MM-DD) we should simply leave it blank?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html

Question 6
If you plan to live in the Province of Quebec and are applying under a Quebec immigration program, have you received your Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ)?

3. If you selected “No”, enter the date when you applied for your CSQ (if you have not yet applied, please do so before applying for permanent residence)

I am a little confused, how can I do so before applying for permanent residence if we need to have applied for PR and received a letter from IRCC before we can apply for the CSQ?
Yes. You choose 'No' and move to the next available question. Data Field without '*' signs are not mandatory anyway.

As stated earlier, these forms are generic forms used for multiple immigration streams and one applicant can apply for Canadian permanent resident through multiple immigration streams at the same time, you may use your CSQ for multiple PR applications, however you will only be allowed to be accepted/approved for one PR immigration stream and withdraw from others. That's one scenario.

Second scenario is where your file was refused by IRCC after you have submitted CSQ ... and you're applying for Spousal Sponsorship again. That's second scenario.

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM

Question 6

This thread is about spousal sponsorship, which is a family reunification program from the federal level.

The website does say: "Note: If you are not applying under a Quebec immigration program, select “no” for Question 6 a) and leave 6 c) blank."

What program are you applying under? If you are applying for permanent residency under the canadian family reunification spousal sponsorship program, that is not a Quebec immigration program, and therefore as the note says, select “no” for Question 6 a) and leave 6 c) blank.

Sadeia

May 22, 2020
hello every one i need an argent help please
i need to fill out CSQ (QUEBEC) Forms and i do not undrestand how and where to do its payment ?

thanks

devolin182

Dec 13, 2020
hello every one i need an argent help please
i need to fill out CSQ (QUEBEC) Forms and i do not undrestand how and where to do its payment ?

thanks
I am new to the forum, but I already finished the CSQ process.

On the forms you download for the CSQ; there is one where if you read it closely it will ask for your credit card number.
Essentially you are sending your CC info on the form, as opposed to pay online.

Sadeia

May 22, 2020
There are some parts in undertaking CSQ forms which the option for it is yes or no and the question needs explanation
Confusion

Xeri

Jun 16, 2021
Hi, thank you so much for all this information. I also have another question this is regarding the federal application. I downloaded the document checklist for the federal application. In IMM 0008 question 6 it is mentioned if you already received csq. As far as I know (and how you explained) you can get your csq after your application got accepted? How should I proceed? Or could you send me the correct checklist please in case I have a wrong one? Thanks in advance