+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC's Spousal Sponsorship Application Forms [GUIDE]

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hi guys,
I couldn't find the English forms anymore, and are trying to complete my forms in French with Google Translate, but got stuck on one of the questions in form 0546.

The question is 2.1 under section 2. Renseignements sur votre conjoint ou conjointe (s’il y a lieu)
2.1 Est-ce que votre époux ou épouse, ou votre conjoint ou conjointe de fait se porte cogarant
de l’engagement avec vous ?

Should I answer Oui or Non to this question?
I'm the husband living in Quebec sponsoring my wife living out land.
Can anyone please explain what the question is asking?

Thank you,
Brian
That question is about your spouse being the co-sponsor of the application which doesn't apply to you since she is the one being sponsored.
English form are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1b1kA2Ozxu-h9kp5OWYNVEKJJOd-M_ypS but they should only be a refence as some questions/forms are slightly different.

Reactions: evercana

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
Hello everyone,

I'm preparing application for csq. I have a question about who is a non-resident of Quebec for a long time and with no permanent address there. Are you still ok and get approved for csq?

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Hello everyone,

I'm preparing application for csq. I have a question about who is a non-resident of Quebec for a long time and with no permanent address there. Are you still ok and get approved for csq?
Yes. You can apply for CSQ even if you have been residing abroad and have intention to reside in Quebec.

Sponsors who live abroad must also fill out:

Reactions: tham_son

Sul6an

Dec 28, 2019
Thank you for your effort and the organized work.
I understand that I have to apply to the federal as a first step and get their approval before moving to the next step (undertaking app-quebec gov), but if i want to apply for an open work permit to maintain legal status while they process my sponsorship application, should I apply for the work permit and send it with the first step (put them in one envelope)?

Tyler80

Jan 10, 2020
Hi, I have sent in the CSQ form for family Class spouse sponsor inland on December 10 2019. I would like to know when they will send a confirmation letter that they received the application papers.

Since it's been almost a month already, should I call them?

Also how long will it take to receive approval from Quebec.

Thanks

Userfriendly28

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hi, I have sent in the CSQ form for family Class spouse sponsor inland on December 10 2019. I would like to know when they will send a confirmation letter that they received the application papers.

Since it's been almost a month already, should I call them?

Also how long will it take to receive approval from Quebec.

Thanks

I sent mine on dec 9 th still no aor from Quebec . I called them two days ago they said will probably receive the acknowledgment letter somewhere next week. They are about 4-5 months behind to issue csq so it’s going to be quite a wait

hnguyen_vn

Jan 1, 2020
I got this email .this is SA email? We are pleased to inform that you have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be sent to a visa office for processing. The visa office will be selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A confirmation letter will be sent to you once the application is sent to the visa office, informing you of the visa office selected. This confirmation letter will also provide you with instructions on how to submit an undertaking application to the Provincial government.
Hi Karan Sallan, I'm in the same situation. Have you got the invitation letter to submit CSQ? I just received Acknowlegde of receipt from VO instead of a comfirmation letter from IRCC to submit CSQ

Tyler80

Jan 10, 2020
I sent mine on dec 9 th still no aor from Quebec . I called them two days ago they said will probably receive the acknowledgment letter somewhere next week. They are about 4-5 months behind to issue csq so it’s going to be quite a wait
Thanks for the reply. I just got email from CIC for my wife to do medical and to send CSQ to them within next 30 days. If Quebec will take 4-5 months then I'll get CSQ from them in March or April. This process sounds kind of broken.

Userfriendly28

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Just called them they said they received the package December 11 nothing is missing and next step is to take the payement and send me a receipt. I asked from what date are we planning the wait time they said from the date they received it not the date the payement was taken .