+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC's Spousal Sponsorship Application Forms [GUIDE]

Mike8564

Jan 21, 2020
Hello guys
I have a question I just sent $289 with my documents, should I need to add $7.5 to that too? because in site just says $289 for first member and there is nothing about additional fee:(

Last edited:

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Hello guys
I have a question I just sent $289 with my documents, should I need to add $7.5 to that too? because in site just says $289 for first member and there is nothing about additional fee:(
In spousal sponsorship (family reunification - Kit A) application, you have PA as main applicant and children (if any) as dependents. You do not have Spouse as dependent.

So, it's CA$289. That's it. Why do you need to add $7.5 as additional fees? Where are you getting this from?

qingyunlan

Oct 16, 2019
in the complete guide (IMM 5289), it says that regarding question 6 of the spousal sponsorship application form, where you're asked about CSQ, that "If you selected “No”, enter the date when you applied for your CSQ (if you have not yet applied, please do so before applying for permanent residence) ". It seems that CSQ has to be applied *before* submitting application to IRCC, instead of after receiving AOR. Is it some new guide? how should I apply for CSQ without a PR or study permit, etc., then? Thanks a lot

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
in the complete guide (IMM 5289), it says that regarding question 6 of the spousal sponsorship application form, where you're asked about CSQ, that "If you selected “No”, enter the date when you applied for your CSQ (if you have not yet applied, please do so before applying for permanent residence) ". It seems that CSQ has to be applied *before* submitting application to IRCC, instead of after receiving AOR. Is it some new guide? how should I apply for CSQ without a PR or study permit, etc., then? Thanks a lot

Source
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- You can always try sending your CSQ application first and update everywhere about your findings.

- Forms you fill during Spousal Sponsorship application are generic forms used in multiple immigration streams. That's why you see fields not relevant in your situation.

Samir786

Feb 25, 2020
Hi i deposited CSQ apllication on january 6th and now were febuary 25th still no news they didnt even charged my card yet! Do they atleast check the application when they get it to see if theres nothing missing or ill find out after the 3-4months delay of processing! Because waiting 4months and after that getting a mail saying something missing not cool. If someone has information about this would be helpful !

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Hi i deposited CSQ apllication on january 6th and now were febuary 25th still no news they didnt even charged my card yet! Do they atleast check the application when they get it to see if theres nothing missing or ill find out after the 3-4months delay of processing! Because waiting 4months and after that getting a mail saying something missing not cool. If someone has information about this would be helpful !
They are currently working on 9 October 2019 applications. {Official Link}

They only check it when they start processing it. You may want to call MIDI and ask them status of your application.

Samir786

Feb 25, 2020
Y
They are currently working on 9 October 2019 applications. {Official Link}

They only check it when they start processing it. You may want to call MIDI and ask them status of your application.
Ya i know that i just wanted to know the payment do they take it before or at the time of processing !! So does that mean after 4months if theres a mistake they will send back and then ill have to wait another 3-4months again?

Samir786

Feb 25, 2020
I
Y

Ya i know that i just wanted to know the payment do they take it before or at the time of processing !! So does that mean after 4months if theres a mistake they will send back and then ill have to wait another 3-4months again?
Im currently abroad cant contact them from here i have to wait till i come back.

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
They take payment when they open your file for "processing". Not when they receive your application.
Yes! If there's anything wrong with the application, they will send back entire application package - regardless of timeframe. I know it's ruthless, but that's what they have been practicing.

Im currently abroad cant contact them from here i have to wait till i come back.

Samir786

Feb 25, 2020
They take payment when they open your file for "processing". Not when they receive your application.
Yes! If there's anything wrong with the application, they will send back entire application package - regardless of timeframe. I know it's ruthless, but that's what they have been practicing.
Do i need to send a double copy signed of the application?

totaldreamer

Mar 4, 2020
Hi guys. Newbie here. Even I am wating for my csq. August applicant. I have a doubt... that since which request the timeline for acquiring csq starts... from the date that we sent the csq app??? or from the date credit card is charged for csq?? or from the date we recieved the acknowledgment of csq charges???? as there are huge gaps between these 3 things... if anyone can help plz! this wait is killing everyone...

ancrag

May 26, 2019
Hi, considering CSQ is taking a lot of time, will my PR get delayed too? Or they will still follow the 1 year processing time. So if CSQ is late by 6 months then the PR will also get delayed by 6 months?