thomaschakma

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
PNP
News

Filing a new immigration law in Quebec

Quebec must change its method of selecting immigrants

Quebec , Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - The Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities and Minister of the Charter of the French language , Diane De Courcy , today tabled in the National Assembly a new law on the Quebec immigration to replace the current law , which dates from 1968 . The new law allows updating issues related to immigration and establish a new way of selecting immigrants based on a statement of interest.

"Quebec is seen as a destination of choice and we want it that way. Our current times are still too long . Too long for immigrants who put their life project parentheses waiting for our answer. Also too long for Quebec society , as today we select based on applications received it a few years and needs there several years. Quebec and the people who want to live there deserve to have done differently and we will do better , "said Minister Diane De Courcy .

Reflect the issues of the day

The bill promotes the French language , regionalization and integration , especially integration in employment. He recalls that integration is a shared responsibility between the immigrant and the host society . It also stresses the importance of promoting the common values ​​of Quebec society with immigrants . "The French language , integration and regionalization are not even mentioned as objectives in the current law ," said the minister to illustrate the importance of a new law .

EOI

Immigration to Quebec in the economic class applications have been growing in recent years. The rising demand helps to generate an inventory of more and more difficult to control , at the same time lengthening the processing time. From 2009 to 2011 , the inventory has reached nearly 100,000 immigration applications and is currently made ​​up of about 80 000 files .

One objective of the new law is to ensure that the popularity of Quebec on ​​the international scene is an asset to select immigrants. The instrument of this asset will be the implementation of the statement of interest, a system that has already proven itself , including Australia and New Zealand.

Under the new system , the applicant must first submit a statement of interest and satisfy a number of criteria to incorporate the bank of candidates . In order of priority set according to the needs of Quebec, targeted candidates will be invited to make a formal application for immigration. The Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities can thus continuously select the most suitable to meet the needs of Quebec candidates.

Candidates who have not been invited to submit their application and whose declaration has expired will have their statement be removed from the bank. However, they may submit a new declaration of interest if they wish .

"This method has many advantages . The large number of immigration related to the popularity of applications Quebec become an advantage rather than clog the system. Banking applications allow us to choose the best talent to ensure the development of Quebec society and the development of our common language , "said the minister.

Strengthen good governance practices

Several other provisions designed to improve good governance practices : acquire the necessary levers to prevent and combat fraud, protect immigrants and Quebec society, and strengthen the integrity of immigration programs. For example , immigration consultants shall be chargeable , under penalty , the veracity of the information provided.

"The Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities has invested significant efforts to modernize its processes and improve the services offered to immigrants . I am proud to help accelerate modernization and have contributed to better define the consistency and continuity of interventions immigration , francisation , integration and regionalization . As of 2014 , the Québec must have a modern immigration system to achieve a goal which we all adhere to, that of a strong immigration of his " Quebec , the Minister concluded .

- 30 -

http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/presse/communiques/com20140218.html

thomaschakma

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
PNP
Skilled workers 20 000 out of 10 048 28 Feb last update.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html

Maryamt

Feb 21, 2013
Please, kindly advice, I just finish getting all my documents ready for the application. Do you think I can still go ahead and apply by next week or is too late

Thank you

chde0883

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Yes you can submit application till 31st March 2014. But make sure you do french exam lever clear for CSQ selection.

thomaschakma

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
PNP
My file is returned back from montreal. i received 10 march'14. they sent it on 6 feb, 14. Bye Quebec Dream !!!!!

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thomaschakma said:
My file is returned back from montreal. i received 10 march'14. they sent it on 6 feb, 14. Bye Quebec Dream !!!!!
I suggest trying Nova Scotia PNP.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
thomaschakma said:

OMG, I am so sorry to hear that! Why though? Did they state any reasons?

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
thomaschakma said:
thomaschakma im so sorry to hear that :( , why? i mean did they tell you the reason? We send our application almost on the same time... :(

favbless

Oct 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
October 2016
AOR Received.
4-5-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon in JN
Med's Request
soon in JN
Med's Done....
soon in JN
Interview........
Waived in JN
Passport Req..
soon in JN
VISA ISSUED...
2018 hallelujah
LANDED..........
2018 Amen
thomaschakma said:

aww, cheer up. dont give up
did they tell you why it was returned?

favbless

Oct 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
October 2016
AOR Received.
4-5-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon in JN
Med's Request
soon in JN
Med's Done....
soon in JN
Interview........
Waived in JN
Passport Req..
soon in JN
VISA ISSUED...
2018 hallelujah
LANDED..........
2018 Amen
Hello,house I submitted my application for CSQ Dec 2013. I still have no AOR and I found out they have taken the fees march 2014
I still have no email from Quebec

sati2004

Dec 12, 2013
chde0883 said:
Guys, Sorry for whoever file was return. and my file was accepted and received file number.
Congragulation! when did you send you application package ? I have sent it 22 Dec 2013 but still no email recieved.