+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Everything with IRCC is so bizzare plus we dont even know in what way they are processing applications, some mid 2018 applications are still pending while early 2019 are getting their DMs. Its frustrating at this point.
Yes you are right. I mean 2018 applications run in order before 2019. Yet I see 2019 applications getting pr while 2018 are still waiting.

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Yes you are right. I mean 2018 applications run in order before 2019. Yet I see 2019 applications getting pr while 2018 are still waiting.
Yesterday I spoke to an agent and asked about this. His explanation was that every app is different. My app is in the same stage it has been for months: criminal in progress, security not started and again, they said they do not know when I will hear back. I thought of requesting gcms notes but not sue if it will make any difference. I also asked about my medicals that expired some days ago and he said there is no request on their end to re-take them at the moment.

m-s

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
Yesterday I spoke to an agent and asked about this. His explanation was that every app is different. My app is in the same stage it has been for months: criminal in progress, security not started and again, they said they do not know when I will hear back. I thought of requesting gcms notes but not sue if it will make any difference. I also asked about my medicals that expired some days ago and he said there is no request on their end to re-take them at the moment.
so it means that we don't know any exact time about the time process and how long it will take ,I'm so upset to hear that :(
and he said that every application is difference , actually I wanna know which condition depends on it ? eg : inland or outland ? security or criminal issues ? ???

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
so it means that we don't know any exact time about the time process and how long it will take ,I'm so upset to hear that :(
and he said that every application is difference , actually I wanna know which condition depends on it ? eg : inland or outland ? security or criminal issues ? ???
My timeline has been 100% since May 2020. There is really no condition at all which you can predict that either delay's or does not delay an application pr approval. We just have to wait, this is the only answer I see possible at this moment.

• Sad
Reactions: m-s

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Mine too, it says background check in progress since last December after medicals were approved. I hope we don't have to redo the medicals again and are treated like inlands. I think at the moment, we should stop thinking and let it happen when it is supposed to happen.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I hope COVID vaccination starts ASAP and borders would open. This is the only hope for outland applicants.
Currently, they totally ignore us.

49 months waiting for CSQ and now it has been 24 months for Federal processing - no MR yet.
I applied for GCMS notes. It has been 65 days - there is no reply even for that.

Worst governmental office in universe...
I think the Sydney Office is not working on full capacity like other offices. In addition, this Covid is wrecking havoc on all the world. We need to be patient and pray. That is the only thing we can do at the moment.

Reactions: anapaulap

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
I think the Sydney Office is not working on full capacity like other offices. In addition, this Covid is wrecking havoc on all the world. We need to be patient and pray. That is the only thing we can do at the moment.
But people on FB group did mention that the rep told them that now the sydney office is working at full capacity, i am not sure how much is the truth because every other agent gives a different piece of info which makes us more confused

Last edited:

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
I have reached 29 months so I was also a bit discouraged. I think that overall each app is so different (number of family members, in how many places we have lived, travel history, etc) so I guess it is hard to tell??

A more friendly agent told me some months ago that if I did not have news by the end of December, to call back and ask for an update so that is what I will do.

In the meantime, the best thing to do as bassamkaaki suggested is try to be patient

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
But people on FB group did mention that the rep told them that now the sydney office is working in full capacity, i am not sure how much is the truth because every other agent gives a different piece of info which makes us more confused
You know, I think just looking at the many bombarding messages from so many comments, will confuse us more and cause us more anxiety. I think it is better for us to wait and see what happens to our cases and not base on other applications. Since we all have different cases as the agents keep saying, then let us wait and see. Also, ordering GCMS notes at this stage is quite hopeless at this moment.

Reactions: Zgajipurwala

Leokun

May 25, 2018
I'm stuck in security for a really long time. Normally it takes from few weeks to 6 months from the day they started it. If they want to go deeper it can take about 2 years and with the new situation, who knows. Patience is the key, but still follow up your case.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I'm stuck in security for a really long time. Normally it takes from few weeks to 6 months from the day they started it. If they want to go deeper it can take about 2 years and with the new situation, who knows. Patience is the key, but still follow up your case.
I sent a web form a while back. Did not really get a straight forward answer, but covid which is delaying matters. As such, what more can one do but wait! Do you recommend GCMS notes? I never ordered them before as I have a lawyer that is representing me and can order it as am outside Canada. Only those inside Canada can order GCMS notes.

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
My lawyer sent my biometrics letter and my renwed WP via webform 2 weeks ago and today they got back asking for the new Use of Rep form to be filled and signed, which i already submitted in my initial application. Dont know why they asked again and also i have no AOR, Dec 2019 applicant and this is by far the first communication i had from IRCC apart from the XEP

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
My lawyer sent my biometrics letter and my renwed WP via webform 2 weeks ago and today they got back asking for the new Use of Rep form to be filled and signed, which i already submitted in my initial application. Dont know why they asked again and also i have no AOR, Dec 2019 applicant and this is by far the first communication i had from IRCC apart from the XEP
That actually shows they are looking at supplementary submissions and not just stacking them up for later. Seems good

Reactions: Zgajipurwala

Archi hassen

Nov 17, 2020
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
20-04-2018
Mine too, it says background check in progress since last December after medicals were approved. I hope we don't have to redo the medicals again and are treated like inlands. I think at the moment, we should stop thinking and let it happen when it is supposed to happen.
Don't care about that! Many applicants received the extension of thier medical exam. Yesterday a Tunisian application with medical exam expired in December 05 2020, has officially received an email from Paris VO informed her that the validity of her exam will be available until juin 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: m-s