+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Nael_shawky

Oct 13, 2018
I can see in the tracker that someone from SYDNEY office received today the medical Test request, do anyone have any pdate regarding if the Sydney office started to work again??
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: sabil

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
I can see in the tracker that someone from SYDNEY office received today the medical Test request, do anyone have any pdate regarding if the Sydney office started to work again??
Thanks in advance.
In the tracker, the same person have put comments, so it was an upfront medical request and not initiated from CIC. As far as I understand, CIC processing of cases (especially Quebec skilled workers) has come down to trickle or to a complete stop regardless of what the immigration lawyers and agents tell.

Comment from the tracker for the case you are asking about:

" Upfront medical exams on May 21st, sent to IRCC on May 28th. Exams approved on June 18 "

IJH

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
In the tracker, the same person have put comments, so it was an upfront medical request and not initiated from CIC. As far as I understand, CIC processing of cases (especially Quebec skilled workers) has come down to trickle or to a complete stop regardless of what the immigration lawyers and agents tell.

Comment from the tracker for the case you are asking about:

" Upfront medical exams on May 21st, sent to IRCC on May 28th. Exams approved on June 18 "
But I called and asked approved medical profession and she told me we cannot do upfront medical for quebec skilled worker category. She said she needs the paper from goverment unless it’s express entry.

Reactions: Emoz

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
But I called and asked approved medical profession and she told me we cannot do upfront medical for quebec skilled worker category. She said she needs the paper from goverment unless it’s express entry.
Express Entry and Quebec skilled workers can do upfront medicals. It's not a problem at all. The only catch with Quebec Skilled workers doing upfront medicals is that the waiting period is now 23 months and by that time, your medical results will expire and you will have to do re medicals. Because to approve PR, your medicals should be valid for 6 months minimum from the PR decision date.

So if you have extra cash to part with, there is no harm in doing upfront medicals.

IJH

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Express Entry and Quebec skilled workers can do upfront medicals. It's not a problem at all. The only catch with Quebec skilled workers doing upfront medicals is that the waiting period is now 23 months and by that time, your medical results will expire and you will have to do re medicals. Because to approve PR, your medicals should be valid for 6 months minimum at that time.

So if you have extra cash to part with, there is no harm in doing upfront medicals.
Yes for express entry but not for QSW
I was trying to do upfront medical but they told me I need requested paper from goverment. They told me in quebec no upfront medical allowed

Reactions: Emoz and Martin 87

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Reactions: ArNo84

Italy

May 23, 2020
Dude, why don't you create webform and ask CIC directly?
I tried asking this question about upfront medical exams through webform. Do you think they answered to this very simple and easy question with a yes or no? They didn't. Just a kind of automated reply telling you close to nothing.
I think the people that reply to the webform can only:
- point you to info already available in the official web site;
- access the account online you can already see yourself;
- forward documents that you send them;
I don't expect anything extra from them.

Last edited:

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with app filed, app recieved 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
IELTS band 6.0, TEF B1/B2 sent with app filed
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
I update my status because I have just received MR and Prearrival service.
App applied: Oct 2018
AOR: dec 2018
App sent to SGVO: November 2019
MR and Pre Arrivals: June 2020.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Well, sometimes you have to ask them, otherwise how would they know it?
I think I could not get you well.
What should I ask from them?

Priority treatment is written on my CSQ document - that I’ve already sent with my Federal application and IRCC knows it.

As far as I see, it has no effect. Seems that it is just a suggestion from Quebec government to IRCC.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
I update my status because I have just received MR and Prearrival service.
App applied: Oct 2018
AOR: dec 2018
App sent to SGVO: November 2019
MR and Pre Arrivals: June 2020.
Congrats. Hope you get your PR soon.

It seems that Sydney office just opened a new batch. It is 2 MRs in the last 2 days.

I hope we are in the same batch.
Thanks for the info.

Mujtaba053

Jun 19, 2020
Hello All, i am confused looking at the processing time difference for those who applied(23 months) and those who didn't(15-17 months), can anyone shed light on this please, Thank you :)

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Have any of you received an email from the IRCC to fill out a survey these days?