+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Paris_m

Apr 1, 2020
We created a webform to see if after 21 months they started our security check or not and if not why? Unfortunately, they told us the security check has not started yet. (Once they told us the security check will take 5-12 month or more)
I don't think that this is normal and I don't know for how many more years we have to wait. :rolleyes: Do you have any suggestions guys? What can we do in this situation?:( (We are inland applicants and we applied in Sep 2018)

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
We created a webform to see if after 21 months they started our security check or not and if not why? Unfortunately, they told us the security check has not started yet. (Once they told us the security check will take 5-12 month or more)
I don't think that this is normal and I don't know for how many more years we have to wait. :rolleyes: Do you have any suggestions guys? What can we do in this situation?:( (We are inland applicants and we applied in Sep 2018)
Hi, I am also inland applicant. Just called IRCC as I am heading my 24th month (I applied on July 2018). They also told me my security check has not yet started. I asked him how long does it takes and the agent did not know. I don't think it takes that long but does anyone here has any information about the duration on the security check?
The agent mentioned they have no idea of the actual processing times due to the virus outbreak :(

Mar 22, 2020
I sent them an email a few days ago, and I received a response yesterday:

Good day buenosairesriosantiago,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are contacting you to follow up on the email we sent you on June 17, 2020. A part of its content was incorrect. We wish to provide you with the correct information and offer our apologies.

The correct information is as follows:

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

Furthermore, due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
If you are inland applicant and you are already passed the official processing time you can contact your deputy for assistance. They will call the federals and request more information on your case and probably put some pressure.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Upfront medical is total lost of money, 12 months processing time is very good wish. For sure you can find someone doing it upfront, but they will simply collect the fee from you twice - very nice business. If you think that they are making you a favour, think twice.

Reactions: ArNo84

mumen700

Jan 10, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Is there any recent update on Medical Request for applicants outside Canad??
Please help if you have news/answer :)

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
I still have 5 months to reach 23 months and still no medical request nor pre-arrival letter. I'm Outland applicant. Visa office sydney nova scotia.
We are almost the same, however I have received the pre arrival letter in March. Yet this does not mean anything. Wish you all the best