+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ronky0525

Jan 22, 2019
Note that applications for the addition of a spouse or a de facto spouse and applications for the addition of a child submitted by skilled workers who have already been selected are not targeted by this provision.

FromINDIA2674

Star Member
May 3, 2017
India
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
29-07-2017
Med's Request
16-10-2018
Med's Done....
27-10-2018
Dears,

I conducted a research on web after the bill no:9 speculations started about terminating the all QSW applications which are still waiting at Quebec MIDI. Here are the things that I found so far;

• Bill is still on proposal phase yet but most probably it will be approved and the mentioned changes will be finalized.
  • Applicants who have their applications terminated should be able to resubmit to the new QSW application system pending they meet the eligibility criteria, but there is no guarantee they will be selected for immigration.
Any person who has an active QSW application for a Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ) which was filed prior to August 2nd, 2018, will have their application terminated if a decision has not already been made.
  • If an applicant has not received a request for documentation, or an intention to reject or refuse, their application will be among the many cancelled by the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI).
  • If an applicant has received a request for documentation, or an intention to reject or refuse, it is unclear as to whether or not the application will be impacted.
  • If an applicant has already received their CSQ, this change will not affect their immigration.

Useful links to read

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/coalition-avenir-quebec-immigration-bill-1.5009402
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-caq-governments-proposed-immigration-changes-include-promotion-of/
https://ipolitics.ca/2019/02/07/legaults-immigration-bill-would-test-newcomers-on-french-quebec-values/
https://www.canadim.com/quebec-terminate-18000-qsw/
Hi, dearmilkyway

You have really done some exhaustive research and given us all some amazing information. Thank you so much!

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Dears,

I wanted to be completely sure about the bill, which is proposed to terminate all QSW applications at MIDI, whether it will effect the applications on the federal stage or not. I tried to find the bill itself in French.

Here is the bill no:9 in French, you may download it in .pdf format. Government page itself.
http://www.assnat.qc.ca/fr/travaux-parlementaires/projets-loi/projets-loi-42-1.html

Referenced in MIDI official website also.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/news/news-2019/new-bill-immigration.html

I translated all of the 21 items proposed within this bill from French to English and this is what I found;

DISPOSITIONS FINALES
20. Il est mis fin à toute demande présentée au ministre dans le cadre du Programme régulier des travailleurs qualifiés avant le 2 août 2018 si, le (indiquer ici la date de la présentation du présent projet de loi), il n’a pas pris de décision de sélection, de refus ou de rejet concernant cette demande. Les droits exigibles payés par le demandeur ayant présenté une telle demande lui sont remboursés, sans intérêts. Aucuns dommages-intérêts ni aucune indemnité en lien avec une telle demande ne peuvent être réclamés au gouvernement, au ministre ou à l’un de leurs préposés ou mandataires. Le premier alinéa ne s’applique pas à une demande qui vise, par rapport à une demande précédente qui a déjà fait l’objet d’une décision de sélection, à ajouter un membre de la famille du ressortissant étranger.

Item 20 has the key importance for QSW applicants, here is its English translation;

FINAL PROVISIONS
Any application to the Minister under the Regular Skilled Worker Program is terminated before August 2, 2018 if, on (insert the date of introduction of this Bill), he has not taken any decision of selection, refusal or rejection concerning this application. The fees payable by the applicant having submitted such a request are reimbursed to him, without interest. No damages or compensation in connection with such an application may be claimed from the Government, the Minister or any of their servants or agents. The first paragraph does not apply to an application that, in relation to a previous application that has already been the subject of a selection decision, adds a member of the family of the foreign national.

I hope this helps.

kcbombay

Jan 1, 2011
What if you can create WhatsApp group ? I don’t know how to c
This is achievable. I had earlier proposed that we organize ourselves into a group and explore means of reaching out to the authorities to make complaints regarding the very slow process involved in QSW at the Federal Immigrations stage.

The petition or report will seek to draw their attention to the long delays esp vis-à-vis the other fast-tracked canadian immigration programs (i do not think there is anyother Canadian immigration application program that takes 19 months at the Federal stage,after waiting for 3 or 4 years for CSQ, although i can understand QSW paper-based and not automated like the EE but who says it cannot be automated or some other quick improvements introduced at the Federal stage for QSW), highlight the drawbacks of the present long-drawn process and its effect on applicants and on the broad immigration strategy of the federal government of Canada, as well as, make some proposals that we think can help them reduce the delay and improve turnaround period from 19 months to something far less.

Personally, i have been on this journey since 2013 (6 years now) !

Nannu

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
My timeline
Applied in December 2017
AOR in February 2018
Medical received in May 2018
Waiting for PPR
Anyone with same timeline

arkhamdominion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Dears,

I conducted a research on web after the bill no:9 speculations started about terminating the all QSW applications which are still waiting at Quebec MIDI. Here are the things that I found so far;

• Bill is still on proposal phase yet but most probably it will be approved and the mentioned changes will be finalized.
  • Applicants who have their applications terminated should be able to resubmit to the new QSW application system pending they meet the eligibility criteria, but there is no guarantee they will be selected for immigration.
Any person who has an active QSW application for a Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ) which was filed prior to August 2nd, 2018, will have their application terminated if a decision has not already been made.
  • If an applicant has not received a request for documentation, or an intention to reject or refuse, their application will be among the many cancelled by the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI).
  • If an applicant has received a request for documentation, or an intention to reject or refuse, it is unclear as to whether or not the application will be impacted.
  • If an applicant has already received their CSQ, this change will not affect their immigration.

Useful links to read

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/coalition-avenir-quebec-immigration-bill-1.5009402
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-caq-governments-proposed-immigration-changes-include-promotion-of/
https://ipolitics.ca/2019/02/07/legaults-immigration-bill-would-test-newcomers-on-french-quebec-values/
https://www.canadim.com/quebec-terminate-18000-qsw/
Thank you for this important information. I was just wandering if all the applicants prior to aug 18 received the notification on mon projet earlier yesterday? And did everyone's status of application was changed on the portal as well? What does it mean for those who did not get either of those?

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi,

Friends and all applicant.

What if we all send individual email to Canadian PM Mr. Justin Trudeau and Immigration Minister Mr. Hassen and Request then to speed up the process but for that we have to make WhatsApp group and in that group we can discuss how we can send email and when to send

If you like my idea please let me know we need minimum 500-700 people to do something effectively
I like the initiative and will be sure to take part and petition for this.

But just my 2 cents,

Understand that Iranian applicants who are delayed for security concerns is running campaigns in twitter and facebook like #delayedapplicants. Till now, no one has responded from the government or the media for their cause. Writing a petition will not have any intended effect from authorities.

My proposal

Nowadays, public shaming is the way to go. Like posting on CIC page massively, writing to reporters, media, news outlets to take up our stories, tweeting, hashtags. In a nutshell, we have to make the whole world know what Canada is doing to a category of applicants like us, while they make headlines that Canada accepting 1 million immigrants etc. Its not fair that legal law abiding applicants like us are being delayed while all the resources are being spent on applications in Express Entry.

So I don't think writing a petition in change.org or sending a letter will do any good. Publicly shame CIC and let the rest of the world know about it. Then only governments will take action to defend their reputation. Now that the elections are coming, its the right time to hit hard where it matters.

Reactions: senuju and epooo

epooo

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019

But just my 2 cents,

Understand that Iranian applicants who are delayed for security concerns is running campaigns in twitter and facebook like #delayedapplicants. Till now, no one has responded from the government or the media for their cause. Writing a petition will not have any intended effect from authorities.

My proposal

Nowadays, public shaming is the way to go. Like posting on CIC page massively, writing to reporters, media, news outlets to take up our stories, tweeting, hashtags. In a nutshell, we have to make the whole world know what Canada is doing to a category of applicants like us, while they make headlines that Canada accepting 1 million immigrants etc. Its not fair that legal law abiding applicants like us are being delayed while all the resources are being spent on applications in Express Entry.

So I don't think writing a petition in change.org or sending a letter will do any good. Publicly shame CIC and let the rest of the world know about it. Then only governments will take action to defend their reputation. Now that the elections are coming, its the right time to hit hard where it matters.
Dea Cherti ,

I'm totally agree with you it's the right time to show them some hashtags on Ahmed Hussein's & Justin trudeau's twitter accounts that might affect our case properly. any idea about suggested hashtag ?

Reactions: senuju

senuju

Mar 8, 2017

But just my 2 cents,

My proposal

Totally agreed.. We are with you.. What to do next cherti.. We must do something to smash them not to do this again.. Even they won't treat like this to the refugees... This is a whole demons thing that violating international human rights...

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Totally agreed.. We are with you.. What to do next cherti.. We must do something to smash them not to do this again.. Even they won't treat like this to the refugees... This is a whole demons thing that violating international human rights...
I suggest #FIXQSWP ( meaning fix Quebec skilled worker program) also add #ImmigrationMatters , because CIC themselves uses #immigrationmatters so we can use their own hashtag against them for this. In FB & twitter page I see many are campaigning for #FIXPGP ( the recent parental sponsorship issue).

Honestly, I do not think writing a petition in change.org will have any effect. Thats old school. Public shaming on social media is the new petition :)

EVA RAO

Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
02/12/2015
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hope Soon
I suggest #FIXQSWP ( meaning fix Quebec skilled worker program) also add #ImmigrationMatters , because CIC themselves uses #immigrationmatters so we can use their own hashtag against them for this. In FB & twitter page I see many are campaigning for #FIXPGP ( the recent parental sponsorship issue).

Honestly, I do not think writing a petition in change.org will have any effect. Thats old school. Public shaming on social media is the new petition :)[/QUOTE

I think it’s very good idea but if we fight from all corner will help the cause like email PM and immigration minister - news peppers - TV news in bulk numbers every week in US and Canada also use Twitter as you said will make some noise and if we are lucky if story picks up in news it’s good for us also election is nearing in Canada

EVA RAO

Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
02/12/2015
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hope Soon
I think it’s very good idea but if we fight from all corner will help the cause like email PM and immigration minister - news peppers - TV news in bulk numbers every week in US and Canada also use Twitter as you said will make some noise and if we are lucky if story picks up in news it’s good for us also election is nearing in Canada

Honestly, I do not think writing a petition in change.org will have any effect. Thats old school. Public shaming on social media is the new petition :)

senuju

Mar 8, 2017
Yes let's start this.. It's the best idea right now..