+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Hey everyone! It’s been a while! Just circling back here to check on ya. I see a lot of questions around the language certificate. In order to get CSQ you needed a language exam, so you can simply reuse those results for the federal app.

I just arrived back to Canada this week after my first trip out of the country as a PR and I have to say in all my 9 years of living here with work permits and paperwork and explaining to border personnel that I understand I have to leave when time runs out, it felt so good to just enter the country with a card and be on my way! The timelines can be discouraging and the process annoying, but once you have it, it’s all smooth sailing from there! Good luck to you all and great job keeping this forum active and collaborative for people entering and exiting the process. A lot of the advice here kept me sane and I appreciate it!

Reactions: Nanã_Obah_II

nouveauRP

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
Hey everyone! It’s been a while! Just circling back here to check on ya. I see a lot of questions around the language certificate. In order to get CSQ you needed a language exam, so you can simply reuse those results for the federal app.

I just arrived back to Canada this week after my first trip out of the country as a PR and I have to say in all my 9 years of living here with work permits and paperwork and explaining to border personnel that I understand I have to leave when time runs out, it felt so good to just enter the country with a card and be on my way! The timelines can be discouraging and the process annoying, but once you have it, it’s all smooth sailing from there! Good luck to you all and great job keeping this forum active and collaborative for people entering and exiting the process. A lot of the advice here kept me sane and I appreciate it!
Thank you for the kind words!

I just want to clarify one inaccuracy in your post: all CSQ programs do not require language tests. For example, the AI & IT pilot program for CSQ has a Francization profile where you can get CSQ without any language tests. Similarly, for all other programs, proficiency of spoken French can be shown using other documents such as transcripts, not necessarily language tests.

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Thank you for the kind words!

I just want to clarify one inaccuracy in your post: all CSQ programs do not require language tests. For example, the AI & IT pilot program for CSQ has a Francization profile where you can get CSQ without any language tests. Similarly, for all other programs, proficiency of spoken French can be shown using other documents such as transcripts, not necessarily language tests.
Oh wow I didn’t know that! Very cool! Thanks for the update.

PowderedT0astMan

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Montreal
Category........
WP
Feels like there's never a dull moment with this process...

So I went with my husband to get his fingerprints scanned for biometrics this morning at Service Canada, and they weren't able to get a good scan of his fingerpints on their machine. Apparently he has a lot of vertical lines on his fingers (like wrinkles, I guess?) so they couldn't get a good reading, and told us that the fingerprints might be rejected by the federal government.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm hoping this won't cause delays on the processing of our application.

PowderedT0astMan

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Montreal
Category........
WP
Me again.

Woke up to this letter in my inbox:

"We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These services are only available to you before you enter Canada."

I've been in Canada since 2019, so not much help there, but I'm guessing it's nevertheless a good sign that my application is moving?

govanotiforever1987

Jan 15, 2020
Good Afternoon,

After many years strugling with my permanent residence, I came as an international student in Ontario, then, I moved many times, the pandemic came and finally my PR Card has come today to my hands.

Thanks to everybody during this battle of uncertainty, depression and hard times, your anwers and suppport helped me to take the best desition to come to Quebec 3 years ago and start my process.

Never lose hope, you will be pr holders also and I wish you good luck. See younext year until the citizenship process.

Regards.

anna_c

Jul 21, 2022
Link your pr card applicatin to your GC key account.
Did so and now on IRCC portal it says Submitted: March 13, 2023
It does not mean that they only start processing it now, right? It was in the PR Confirmation portal for many days but now I'm getting paranoid that I missed an important step :rolleyes:

QC_

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
It does not mean that they only start processing it now, right? It was in the PR Confirmation portal for many days but now I'm getting paranoid that I missed an important step :rolleyes:
You didn't miss anything. It will stay on submitted until it is approved or they an issue with the picture you uploaded.

nouveauRP

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
The same thing happened to me. I added the PR card application to GCKey account on March 11th (eCoPR was on Feb 3rd) and the "Date submitted" for the application is showing up as March 11th (instead of Feb 3rd). So, I was a bit worried that I somehow reset the application date by linking it to GCKey account. But, if you click on "Check full application status", the "Date Received" under Applicant Information is still the eCoPR date (Feb 3rd for me). So, I think it's all good. People who do not link to GCKey still receive their PR cards.

I also saw that the "Current status" was "Application/profile updated" when I logged in now which changed to "Submitted" again after refreshing. I guess, that's a "ghost update"?

OkQuebec

Jan 18, 2022
The same thing happened to me. I added the PR card application to GCKey account on March 11th (eCoPR was on Feb 3rd) and the "Date submitted" for the application is showing up as March 11th (instead of Feb 3rd). So, I was a bit worried that I somehow reset the application date by linking it to GCKey account. But, if you click on "Check full application status", the "Date Received" under Applicant Information is still the eCoPR date (Feb 3rd for me). So, I think it's all good. People who do not link to GCKey still receive their PR cards.

I also saw that the "Current status" was "Application/profile updated" when I logged in now which changed to "Submitted" again after refreshing. I guess, that's a "ghost update"?
I think that's a good sign! maybe someone is working on your case and you will get it very soon.

Reactions: nouveauRP

PowderedT0astMan

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Montreal
Category........
WP
Got our request for medical exams this morning-- I can't believe it's going so fast, we only submitted our application about 10 days ago.

Is it worth calling around to different medical offices to compare prices, or is it a standard fee that's the same everywhere. I have to pay for three of them (me, spouse, child) so I'd be delighted to find an office that charges less, since they're so $$$.

We're in Montreal, if anyone has any recommendations for doctor's office they've used for the exam?

gensay78

Feb 2, 2017
Montreal
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello!

I received by eCOPR on Feb 5th but did not receive by PR card yet (current processing time is 36 days). I understand that times vary and actual mail delivery adds to this. But I'm wondering if at least there is a way to know that the card was sent already?
FYI, I received eCOPR at the end of January, and I received my PR card, just today.

Reactions: nouveauRP
Jul 30, 2022
Guinee Conakry
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Quebec
NOC Code......
Montreal.Quebce.canada H3Z 2AZ
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..