+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Jul 30, 2022
Guinee Conakry
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Quebec
NOC Code......
Montreal.Quebce.canada H3Z 2AZ
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Med's Request
Immigration pour aller travailler
Interview........
Ouï
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Permis d'etudes
Je veux immigrer pour aller travailler

Alhadedy

Dec 29, 2015
Got our request for medical exams this morning-- I can't believe it's going so fast, we only submitted our application about 10 days ago.

Is it worth calling around to different medical offices to compare prices, or is it a standard fee that's the same everywhere. I have to pay for three of them (me, spouse, child) so I'd be delighted to find an office that charges less, since they're so $$$.

We're in Montreal, if anyone has any recommendations for doctor's office they've used for the exam?
Congratulations! I think it's worth trying to call different clinics to see how much it costs at each since the checkup's price isn't fixed!
Good luck!

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hey everyone! It’s been a while! Just circling back here to check on ya. I see a lot of questions around the language certificate. In order to get CSQ you needed a language exam, so you can simply reuse those results for the federal app.

I just arrived back to Canada this week after my first trip out of the country as a PR and I have to say in all my 9 years of living here with work permits and paperwork and explaining to border personnel that I understand I have to leave when time runs out, it felt so good to just enter the country with a card and be on my way! The timelines can be discouraging and the process annoying, but once you have it, it’s all smooth sailing from there! Good luck to you all and great job keeping this forum active and collaborative for people entering and exiting the process. A lot of the advice here kept me sane and I appreciate it!
Yes absolutely true what you said! It does feel great to enter Canada with a PR card :)

nouveauRP

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
I think that's a good sign! maybe someone is working on your case and you will get it very soon.
GCKey account says that our PR cards were approved and mailed -- on March 25th for dependent and March 28th for the principal applicant. We received our eCoPRs on February 3rd.

(Received an email when the status changed to Approved for the dependent but on the next day; nothing for the principal applicant yet, maybe will receive it tomorrow. PR portal still shows address and photos as In review with IRCC.)

nouveauRP

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
Got our request for medical exams this morning-- I can't believe it's going so fast, we only submitted our application about 10 days ago.

Is it worth calling around to different medical offices to compare prices, or is it a standard fee that's the same everywhere. I have to pay for three of them (me, spouse, child) so I'd be delighted to find an office that charges less, since they're so $$$.

We're in Montreal, if anyone has any recommendations for doctor's office they've used for the exam?
If it's not too late (and for reference for other people), yes, you should definitely call different clinics to get their quotes. Every clinic set their own fees. Be sure to ask for all the associated costs -- some clinics charge a base fees and additional fees for x-ray and blood/urine work while others have a combined price for the whole thing. The whole thing for us consisted of an x-ray, blood and urine samples, and a consultation with a doctor.

We went to Clinique de Médecine Industrielle et Préventive du Québec CMIPQ, 1665 Ste Catherine Ouest, Montreal. It was the cheapest option for us (with availabilities in the near future) in November 2022. It costed 260 CAD per person.

Reactions: ciecie

PowderedT0astMan

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Montreal
Category........
WP
If it's not too late (and for reference for other people), yes, you should definitely call different clinics to get their quotes. Every clinic set their own fees. Be sure to ask for all the associated costs -- some clinics charge a base fees and additional fees for x-ray and blood/urine work while others have a combined price for the whole thing. The whole thing for us consisted of an x-ray, blood and urine samples, and a consultation with a doctor.

We went to Clinique de Médecine Industrielle et Préventive du Québec CMIPQ, 1665 Ste Catherine Ouest, Montreal. It was the cheapest option for us (with availabilities in the near future) in November 2022. It costed 260 CAD per person.
Thanks for the info! I ended up calling CMIPQ first, and they were friendly and could give us an appointment for a Saturday, which meant I didn't have to pull my kid out of school, and I didn't have to miss work, so I just went with them-- glad to hear their prices were good! They charged us 250 CAD for each adult exam, and only $100 for the child's exam (I guess because he didn't need the chest x-ray or the blood test). Everything went smoothly, took about two hours in total.

Now just anxiously waiting whatever are the next steps. We've already submitted our police certificates as part of the application, so I'm hoping there aren't too many more hoops to jump through, and that we're close-ish to the finish line...

nouveauRP

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
Thanks for the info! I ended up calling CMIPQ first, and they were friendly and could give us an appointment for a Saturday, which meant I didn't have to pull my kid out of school, and I didn't have to miss work, so I just went with them-- glad to hear their prices were good! They charged us 250 CAD for each adult exam, and only $100 for the child's exam (I guess because he didn't need the chest x-ray or the blood test). Everything went smoothly, took about two hours in total.

Now just anxiously waiting whatever are the next steps. We've already submitted our police certificates as part of the application, so I'm hoping there aren't too many more hoops to jump through, and that we're close-ish to the finish line...
That's great! I think you should receive your approval notification in 2-4 weeks. Good luck!

Reactions: PowderedT0astMan

OkQuebec

Jan 18, 2022
GCKey account says that our PR cards were approved and mailed -- on March 25th for dependent and March 28th for the principal applicant. We received our eCoPRs on February 3rd.

(Received an email when the status changed to Approved for the dependent but on the next day; nothing for the principal applicant yet, maybe will receive it tomorrow. PR portal still shows address and photos as In review with IRCC.)
Great news!
I hope I will only need to wait another 10 days since my eCOPR is 10 days later than you.

Reactions: nouveauRP

OkQuebec

Jan 18, 2022
The same thing happened to me. I added the PR card application to GCKey account on March 11th (eCoPR was on Feb 3rd) and the "Date submitted" for the application is showing up as March 11th (instead of Feb 3rd). So, I was a bit worried that I somehow reset the application date by linking it to GCKey account. But, if you click on "Check full application status", the "Date Received" under Applicant Information is still the eCoPR date (Feb 3rd for me). So, I think it's all good. People who do not link to GCKey still receive their PR cards.

I also saw that the "Current status" was "Application/profile updated" when I logged in now which changed to "Submitted" again after refreshing. I guess, that's a "ghost update"?
I see a "ghost update" on my PR card application today as well. hopefully the card will be mailed soon.

Rupesh353

Oct 27, 2017
Hi Guys , can you please share your timline .I have received my AOR for federal application on feb16th until then it has not moved further