+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi All

Hi,
thanks for your good luck wish. I got PR confirmation mail today.

Now, they are asking me to do following things....

Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation). In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependents are in Canada, provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card.

We were in Canada earlier and now, we returned to India and living in India. We are not having any valid visa to travel to Canada. I think, they are assuming we are still in Canada. Please suggest whether I can reply the mail stating that we are not in Canada and ask for their suggestion.

Regards,
Madhu
Congratulations for the confirmation mail.
You didn`t update your file after moving back to India? This might cause some delay in processing again. You should contact them soon. Raise the webform ASAP. These days they are not taking longer time to reply web form.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi,

I thought I should update you since ur going thru the same situation, I have sent a new webform asking IRCC about pr cards, and received 2 replies that are almost the same, we are working on processing applications as quickly as possible….etc I tried calling them but they never pick up!
I have received my wife, daughter and son cards but not mine! I have applied for the pr cards on 23 June, currently am outside Canada and I urgently need to fly back! I could sort out a travel document or something but it would take even more time! Bottomline: do not leave Canada unless u have the pr cards!
Gd luck to u all….
Same here. Yet to receive the kid’s card. Photos was delivered on 16th June and still processing. Getting the same reply in webform and no luck with the phone call. Just wasted almost 2 hours calling them yesterday but no luck.

00iris00

Dec 20, 2020
we are on the same boat. They got my documents at 17th August and no news yet.
mine is approved today, so I submitted the additional doc in May, and it took them 4 months to approve it. I hope this is helpful info to you.

I also know a friend who had this happen to her last year and she waited 2 months.

Reactions: esadeghi

madhuman

Sep 20, 2018
Congratulations for the confirmation mail.
You didn`t update your file after moving back to India? This might cause some delay in processing again. You should contact them soon. Raise the webform ASAP. These days they are not taking longer time to reply web form.

Note: Long ago, I submitted webform to update my current address. Seems they confused. I replied mail saying that I am not in Canada currently.

I received another mail yesterday with mail subject:: Ready for Visa. Please use this letter if you or your accompanying dependants are currently residing in INDIA

The processing of your application is almost complete. To move forward in processing, please refer to the instructions below to submit passports from your family member(s) abroad. IRCC will contact you soon with next steps for processing your (the principal applicant) COPR from inside Canada.

Now, I am preparing to submit our passports along with photos. I think, they will put permanent resident travel document stamping.

Anybody having the same situation...

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Same here. Yet to receive the kid’s card. Photos was delivered on 16th June and still processing. Getting the same reply in webform and no luck with the phone call. Just wasted almost 2 hours calling them yesterday but no luck.
Am not sure what is going with them! I tried calling them yesterday too and wasted some real dollars calling them abroad. We have applied for the PR cards at the same entry point at the same time and yet cards were not sent all together, and am the main applicant and was expecting to receive mine first.
I have singed a job offer and was supposed to join the employer on 1st September…. I talked to the HR last week and they were like if I cannot show up any soon, the job offer will be withdrawn as it got already expired.
I wish u all the best bro, and plz write me if u hear from them or something.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Note: Long ago, I submitted webform to update my current address. Seems they confused. I replied mail saying that I am not in Canada currently.

I received another mail yesterday with mail subject:: Ready for Visa. Please use this letter if you or your accompanying dependants are currently residing in INDIA

The processing of your application is almost complete. To move forward in processing, please refer to the instructions below to submit passports from your family member(s) abroad. IRCC will contact you soon with next steps for processing your (the principal applicant) COPR from inside Canada.

Now, I am preparing to submit our passports along with photos. I think, they will put permanent resident travel document stamping.

Anybody having the same situation...
Great!! Lucky you. They responded fast. A big relief indeed.
Send the relevant necessary docs ASAP and they will issue you with COPR and Visa stamp. Your COPR will be valid till March as your medical is expiring in March. You have now almost 6 months to plan your travel. Best wishes.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Am not sure what is going with them! I tried calling them yesterday too and wasted some real dollars calling them abroad. We have applied for the PR cards at the same entry point at the same time and yet cards were not sent all together, and am the main applicant and was expecting to receive mine first.
I have singed a job offer and was supposed to join the employer on 1st September…. I talked to the HR last week and they were like if I cannot show up any soon, the job offer will be withdrawn as it got already expired.
I wish u all the best bro, and plz write me if u hear from them or something.
Sorry to hear that. We have already lost couple of years in the process & now we are losing job offer as well. How sad.
Your best wishes worked. Thank you. There was GU on Thursday so I was pretty much hopeful for Friday update but there was nothing. Today also there was GU and now I can see that they have send the PR card for my daughter. My daughter photo was delivered on 16th June, and you applied for PR on around same date so hopefully you will receive the update by this or next week. Good luck.

madhuman

Sep 20, 2018
Great!! Lucky you. They responded fast. A big relief indeed.
Send the relevant necessary docs ASAP and they will issue you with COPR and Visa stamp. Your COPR will be valid till March as your medical is expiring in March. You have now almost 6 months to plan your travel. Best wishes.
Thank you for all the help and replies from you all.

Now, I have a question regarding passport submission at VFS Global.
In the mail from CIC, there is no mention of any fee. They mentioned only about VAC Passport Transmission fee.
Any idea whether I need to pay any fee now like PRTD or any thing while submitting passport at VFS global.???.

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Hi,

I am asking on behalf of my brother who is in Canada. His work permit renewal was refused mid August. The agent sent a correspondance for which my brother did not receive an email notification and so he didnt act on it on time. He randomly connected to his ircc account and saw the correspondance in which the agent was asking him to pay some fees and was given 7 days for that.Unfortunately, the window had already elapsed by the time he saw this correspondance and a few days later he got the refusal again without any email notification letter, the agent explained that they refused because the fees were not paid withing the 7 days and indicated that he had 90 days to apply for a restoration of his status which he did the the next 2 days. The big issue now is that he had to stop working overnight. He called ircc yesterday to enquire about his Pr application , he was told that his PR is now approved but there is a note from the agent saying that they will wait for him to restore his status before issuing/confirming the PR. Is this normal? My sister was in an almost similar situation, she had to stop working because she was not eligible to renew her work permit and was allowed to stay legally in Canada until she gets a decision on her PR application. When hers was approved, she was asked to send her passport to Ottawa and got it back a week later with a Visa. She then did the 'landing' in the us border. Why didn't ircc do the same for my brother, why should he wait 5 more months for his work permit restoration to be processed then give him the PR , it doesn't make sense to me. Also, what if this restoration gets refused too, does that mean that they will refuse PR again even if it's already approved. I would greatly appreciate any insight as we are desperate for any help/tips. Thank you

alphasigma

May 17, 2022
Hi
Our ecas turned to "Decision Made" on June 14, 2022 after our medicals and police certificates were submitted in March and May respectively, and till now there is no comminication from CIC on our file. How long it would take for PPR? We are bit worried of our situation. Could anyone please advise us on how can we inquire on file status?

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Thank you for all the help and replies from you all.

Now, I have a question regarding passport submission at VFS Global.
In the mail from CIC, there is no mention of any fee. They mentioned only about VAC Passport Transmission fee.
Any idea whether I need to pay any fee now like PRTD or any thing while submitting passport at VFS global.???.
Please consult with your VAC offices before sending all the documents. You can also find all the details about fees in the VAC page as well but there might be some changes in fees so its better to check with VAC once. Also, some documents required by VAC differ from country to country so please contact VAC and send ASAP.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi
Our ecas turned to "Decision Made" on June 14, 2022 after our medicals and police certificates were submitted in March and May respectively, and till now there is no comminication from CIC on our file. How long it would take for PPR? We are bit worried of our situation. Could anyone please advise us on how can we inquire on file status?
Once decision made , PPR can drop anytime. Just a matter of some more patience. Good luck.

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi,

I am asking on behalf of my brother who is in Canada. His work permit renewal was refused mid August. The agent sent a correspondance for which my brother did not receive an email notification and so he didnt act on it on time. He randomly connected to his ircc account and saw the correspondance in which the agent was asking him to pay some fees and was given 7 days for that.Unfortunately, the window had already elapsed by the time he saw this correspondance and a few days later he got the refusal again without any email notification letter, the agent explained that they refused because the fees were not paid withing the 7 days and indicated that he had 90 days to apply for a restoration of his status which he did the the next 2 days. The big issue now is that he had to stop working overnight. He called ircc yesterday to enquire about his Pr application , he was told that his PR is now approved but there is a note from the agent saying that they will wait for him to restore his status before issuing/confirming the PR. Is this normal? My sister was in an almost similar situation, she had to stop working because she was not eligible to renew her work permit and was allowed to stay legally in Canada until she gets a decision on her PR application. When hers was approved, she was asked to send her passport to Ottawa and got it back a week later with a Visa. She then did the 'landing' in the us border. Why didn't ircc do the same for my brother, why should he wait 5 more months for his work permit restoration to be processed then give him the PR , it doesn't make sense to me. Also, what if this restoration gets refused too, does that mean that they will refuse PR again even if it's already approved. I would greatly appreciate any insight as we are desperate for any help/tips. Thank you
Hi again. Glad to hear PR was approved! But we did know this would happen based on your last posts since he is out of status. It sounds like your sister still maintained her status. Your brother was rejected on application. This put him out of status. If he can’t make it through to a lawyer to find out what to do, best course is to wait.

jainhi1234

Sep 28, 2022
I'm on H1-B in united states and received the closed work Permit for Montreal QC. I'm 35 and married and have kid. I have bachelor degree from India and 13 years of experience in IT Security. What are my chances of getting PR . I don't know French