+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hi everyone, It’s been a couple of weeks since I uploaded my picture for the Pr card but I am still waiting and need to leave the country in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone has been able to enter with an unexpired trv and ecopr before as mine is valid till next year? Is there a way for the airlines to know that I am a permanent resident already? I am not too comfortable applying for the pr travel document as it takes a couple of months or longer from my home country and there are a couple of typing errors on the ecopr that Ircc needs to fix which could be another hurdle for PRTD. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Would appreciate any suggestions, thanks!

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
You can do EE, do the landing in the province that you selected in the pr application and go settle in QC. I have plenty of friends who did just that , QC cannot kick you out by law, did things change recently?
No it’s just that I had been working and living in QC for 9 years already and wasn’t about to move provinces and uproot my kids and everything just to speed up PR processing only to come right back. But I’ve heard of people doing it and it’s generally frowned upon so I’m glad I finally received it and it’s all good now ;)

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi everyone, It’s been a couple of weeks since I uploaded my picture for the Pr card but I am still waiting and need to leave the country in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone has been able to enter with an unexpired trv and ecopr before as mine is valid till next year? Is there a way for the airlines to know that I am a permanent resident already? I am not too comfortable applying for the pr travel document as it takes a couple of months or longer from my home country and there are a couple of typing errors on the ecopr that Ircc needs to fix which could be another hurdle for PRTD. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Would appreciate any suggestions, thanks!
My lawyer just told me to wait unless it’s an emergency. Wish there was a better way since I’m keen on traveling (haven’t left Canada since 2020!), but I’m just too nervous to deal with it. Good luck if you figure something out!

Reactions: bleachedaxe

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
No it’s just that I had been working and living in QC for 9 years already and wasn’t about to move provinces and uproot my kids and everything just to speed up PR processing only to come right back. But I’ve heard of people doing it and it’s generally frowned upon so I’m glad I finally received it and it’s all good now ;)
TBH all these applications are stressful to say the least! Congratulation on your PR approval :) and thanks for all the valuable info, much appreciated

• Love
Reactions: Thursty9

Vénus 7

Oct 11, 2021
Bonjour j'ai reçu une déclaration d'intérêts du Québec ,et le site me demande de répondre dans les 60 jours . Ma question est de savoir :
A quelle étape du processus je me situe vraiment ?
Que devrais je faire ?

Je ne comprends pas grand chose d'arrima

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
My lawyer just told me to wait unless it’s an emergency. Wish there was a better way since I’m keen on traveling (haven’t left Canada since 2020!), but I’m just too nervous to deal with it. Good luck if you figure something out!
It’s not an emergency but I left my new born with his mother back home who I want to be with so badly. I am on a long parental leave so not sure what I should do just staying back lol. I am thinking of asking a friend to courier it and leaving the mailbox keys with him. ☹

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
It’s not an emergency but I left my new born with his mother back home who I want to be with so badly. I am on a long parental leave so not sure what I should do just staying back lol. I am thinking of asking a friend to courier it and leaving the mailbox keys with him. ☹
Aww congratulations! This is awful you can’t see your newborn! It really reminds me that we all have different situations and to be empathetic.

Asking a friend might be a great idea since you mention the travel doc might take just as long to get from your home country anyway.

wish you all the best!

Reactions: bleachedaxe

Ajay26

Mar 3, 2021
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20/10/2021
Is there any outland applicant who got his Open Work Permit with the newly announced PMI+ program?

I got letter of invitation from Quebec last month and applied for QWP.
Prepared many docs again and paid more fees - was like a hell.

Since then, there is no news. It shows 16 weeks of processing time on IRCC website.

I really wonder whether this crap will work out cuz I've been waiting since 2014.
Someone got his visa(PMI+) in August. He applied in June and country of residence is India. Total time was about 2 months.

chlo.eee

Mar 18, 2016
I’m In the same situation as you, got my confirmation at the end of July, and travelling in 5 weeks. Have you been able to view the processing status of your PR card, or to link it on the CIC platform?

BellaCiao_mtl

Apr 5, 2022
Hi everyone,

I just received the first email of PR approval, so I thought I'd share my timeline:

Inland Applicant, Single, No dependents (Quebec Skilled Worker)
  • 21 Mar 2022: Paper application received by IRCC
  • 31 Mar 2022: XEP issued
  • 04 Aug 2022: AOR issued by email
  • 04 Aug 2022: Biometrics requested
  • 05 Aug 2022: Biometrics submitted
  • 05 Aug 2022: Medical requested
  • 15 Aug 2022: Pre-Arrival invitation
  • 18 Aug 2022: Medical completed
  • 01 Sep 2022: Medical passed
  • 14 Sep 2022: 1st Email of PR approval

Also, I'm supposed to travel to the US in two weeks, but I doubt I'll have my PR card by then.
I still have a valid work permit (valid until 2024). Can I travel outside the country and re-enter on my Work Permit (without mentioning PR at the border)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Basher68

Basher68

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

I just received the first email of PR approval, so I though I'd share my timeline:

Inland Applicant, Single, No dependents (Quebec Skilled Worker)
  • 21 Mar 2022: Paper application received by IRCC
  • 31 Mar 2022: XEP issued
  • 04 Aug 2022: AOR issued by email
  • 04 Aug 2022: Biometrics requested
  • 05 Aug 2022: Biometrics submitted
  • 05 Aug 2022: Medical requested
  • 15 Aug 2022: Pre-Arrival invitation
  • 18 Aug 2022: Medical completed
  • 01 Sep 2022: Medical passed
  • 14 Sep 2022: 1st Email of PR approval

Also, I'm supposed to travel to the US in two weeks, but I doubt I'll have my PR card by then.
I still have a valid work permit (valid until 2024). Can I travel outside the country and re-enter on my Work Permit (without mentioning PR at the border)?

Congratulations

Reactions: BellaCiao_mtl

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
I’m In the same situation as you, got my confirmation at the end of July, and travelling in 5 weeks. Have you been able to view the processing status of your PR card, or to link it on the CIC platform?
Yup, I have been able to link but no update on the PR card yet. I am planning leaving the mailbox keys with my friends, and ask them to courier it once it arrives :)

Ruii

Jun 11, 2022
Hi, all. Did anyone receive the CV/Schedule A request recently? I submitted these documents over one month but no more news comes back...

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Someone got his visa(PMI+) in August. He applied in June and country of residence is India. Total time was about 2 months.
That's super quick. So; he has done upfront medicals like you did.

I've applied for PR on January 2019 and still waiting at federal level, even my medicals are expired. I've applied for CSQ on November 2014.

I got PMI+ invitation 29th July and applied for OWP with my wife on 28th August. She got biometrics request and completed it at 1st of September.

Then I got no news. Maybe I should do upfront medicals as well since all people do it in that way.

Ajay26

Mar 3, 2021
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20/10/2021
Yes,you can do the upfront medical. So many people did and have gotten their visas. In fact,I think Paris and Dakar visa offices are working endlessly.

That's super quick. So; he has done upfront medicals like you did.

I've applied for PR on January 2019 and still waiting at federal level, even my medicals are expired. I've applied for CSQ on November 2014.

I got PMI+ invitation 29th July and applied for OWP with my wife on 28th August. She got biometrics request and completed it at 1st of September.

Then I got no news. Maybe I should do upfront medicals as well since all people do it in that way.