+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

chlo.eee

Mar 18, 2016
Yup, I have been able to link but no update on the PR card yet. I am planning leaving the mailbox keys with my friends, and ask them to courier it once it arrives :)
I'm concerned that it will be a registered post that requires signature. :( I recently requested urgent processing via webform, and was told that there's no urgent processing with new PR cards, it is already considered urgent.

mariposaDADA

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Valeria can I ask how you got medical passed before AOR? I know I need medical but haven’t received the request and am starting to panic now that I see all these new AORs and my ATIP is at day 55 with no update. I need signs of life. Did medical come to you as an email while you awaited AOR or had you done it at some point in the past and it counted?
Hi again :)
I have a question about the typical timelines. What does the applicant get in the 1st email after Decision Made? The Deputy sent another follow up email to IRCC and he got a reply today that the application was approved and they informed him that they sent a request by mail to the address specified in the application. My brother got a ghost update on his account today. Any idea at what stage he is at and what was sent by mail by IRCC? Many thanks in advance

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
I'm concerned that it will be a registered post that requires signature. :( I recently requested urgent processing via webform, and was told that there's no urgent processing with new PR cards, it is already considered urgent.
All of my friends got it in their mailbox without any signature requirement so i think it will be okay. Worst case you can apply for a pr travel document which should take around a month.

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hello guys,
as you can see in my signature, I am a 2018 outland applicant and no new for almost 3 years.
in JUNE I saw an update in my GCKEY but nothing changed. i think that should be a GU.
yesterday I logged in again and i found BACKGROUND CHECK change to "not applicabel" . it has showed "in process" for many years since i registered my account.
Anyone knows what does it mean?
Thank you

madhuman

Sep 20, 2018
I am outland applicant.
1. PR application sent on April 2020.
2. AOR received on September 2021.
3. Medical completed on March 2022.
4. Prearrival letter received on 16 September 2022.

Does anybody know what is next step.

Note: Biometric already done in the past.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
It won`t be a registered one. Don`t worry. They just leave that in your mail box.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
I am outland applicant.
1. PR application sent on April 2020.
2. AOR received on September 2021.
3. Medical completed on March 2022.
4. Prearrival letter received on 16 September 2022.

Does anybody know what is next step.

Note: Biometric already done in the past.
The next would-be passport request or decision made update. Good luck.

Wesam96

Nov 12, 2015
Hello
I am an outland applicant. Recently, I got my COPR (showing Montreal as the destination) and Travel documents (VISA printed on the Passport). I plan to move to Canada in few weeks. My question is: Can I make my first landing in Ontario & get my PR card from there before moving to Quebec? and is there any time limit to settle in Montreal ?

madhuman

Sep 20, 2018
Hi All
The next would-be passport request or decision made update. Good luck.
Hi,
thanks for your good luck wish. I got PR confirmation mail today.

Now, they are asking me to do following things....

Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation). In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependents are in Canada, provide your Canadian address and submit your photo to create your permanent resident card.

We were in Canada earlier and now, we returned to India and living in India. We are not having any valid visa to travel to Canada. I think, they are assuming we are still in Canada. Please suggest whether I can reply the mail stating that we are not in Canada and ask for their suggestion.

Regards,
Madhu

00iris00

Dec 20, 2020
Hi I have a question about Landing.
I have just received the decision made letter and Portal 1 invitation after a long wait. Now, I hope those who have done this could help.
I am in Canada but my partner is NOT. He was planning to come here for 2 weeks from the beginning of Oct.

So would it be better for me to respond to the Port 1 letter right now, in which case I will have to say he is NOT in Canada. Or should I wait until he is here then to respond? ? Also, when he visits, he was going to use his Visitor visa. Can he still do that now that his PR is approved?

I am so confused, please help if you have any insights! Thanks!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruii

Ruii

Jun 11, 2022
Hi I have a question about Landing.
I have just received the decision made letter and Portal 1 invitation after a long wait. Now, I hope those who have done this could help.
I am in Canada but my partner is NOT. He was planning to come here for 2 weeks from the beginning of Oct.

So would it be better for me to respond to the Port 1 letter right now, in which case I will have to say he is NOT in Canada. Or should I wait until he is here then to respond? ? Also, when he visits, he was going to use his Visitor visa. Can he still do that now that his PR is approved? Or should he just use the approval letter to do a landing??

I am so confused, please help if you have any insights! Thanks!!
Thanks for the information. I am still in the long waiting time. Hope you will get the PR soon.

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi again :)
I have a question about the typical timelines. What does the applicant get in the 1st email after Decision Made? The Deputy sent another follow up email to IRCC and he got a reply today that the application was approved and they informed him that they sent a request by mail to the address specified in the application. My brother got a ghost update on his account today. Any idea at what stage he is at and what was sent by mail by IRCC? Many thanks in advance
Not sure what they sent by mail, but if decision was made then he’ll get instructions in an email soon asking confirmation of where he is (inland or outland) and if there are accompanying family members. If outland, usually passport request comes next. If inland, next up is access to the portal where he can confirm address again and add a picture. A bit after that eCORP is downloadable from the portal. I didn’t provide times here because they vary for whatever reason per person so best to just make the time to wait. We’ve all been at it this long, so we have the patience in us. Good luck.

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
If you send a webform and receive a response, could you please share it here? I also do that. And I'll take your advice and wait a little longer. Thank you and good luck to you.
Hi,

I thought I should update you since ur going thru the same situation, I have sent a new webform asking IRCC about pr cards, and received 2 replies that are almost the same, we are working on processing applications as quickly as possible….etc I tried calling them but they never pick up!
I have received my wife, daughter and son cards but not mine! I have applied for the pr cards on 23 June, currently am outside Canada and I urgently need to fly back! I could sort out a travel document or something but it would take even more time! Bottomline: do not leave Canada unless u have the pr cards!
Gd luck to u all….