+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I've noticed that, some people who are inland and who have outland family members seemed to be skipped over. They are focused on inland people only. I hope it comes soon for you.
It is good sign and it confirms that they are actually opening our files and checking all these details before issuing AOR. I believe things will be faster now.

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Another November 2020 got AOR. Its going fast but I hate the skip-overs, skip-overs are worrying darnit.
Do you see pattern with skipping, like Outland dependant etc??

thega

Mar 12, 2021
Do you see pattern with skipping, like Outland dependant etc??
One person on FB posted this:
"sending AOR (Acknowledg Of Recipet) depends on your security and background check status. If it passes you could get AOR, otherwise you’re supposed to wait until those are passed. There is no “first come first serve” rule on sending AOR"

1 It might be a combination of Security not passed, (you might have travelled to too many countries)
2 or you are an applicant with Outland dependents and they are concentrating on Inlands

thega

Mar 12, 2021
Do you guys think that Security/Background check has to do with them checking with the countries you visited and them checking to see if you didn't commit any wrongdoings in those countries? Someone on here visited 40 countries I believe that is why it took so long for him to get his AOR I believe.

gmxplode

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hey guys , i received portal email and my application was approved , i replied them back giving them details and also i informed them that i got married last year as i didnt get time to inform them since approval happened so quickly , since my wife is already PR and i attached her pr card in that same email, do you guys think this would affect my approval or would add time to my application now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Angela P. and DAS_1

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Hey guys , i received portal email and my application was approved , i replied them back giving them details and also i informed them that i got married last year as i didnt get time to inform them since approval happened so quickly , since my wife is already PR and i attached her pr card in that same email, do you guys think this would affect my approval or would add time to my application now?
Well, you actually should've informed them as soon as it happened. Especially if it happened last year. It doesn't matter that your partner is resident already, they need to know all changes, that's why webform exists.
I hope it won't influence your application or it's speed of treatment.

Reactions: gmxplode

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Do you guys think that Security/Background check has to do with them checking with the countries you visited and them checking to see if you didn't commit any wrongdoings in those countries? Someone on here visited 40 countries I believe that is why it took so long for him to get his AOR I believe.
I am not sure what else they can check there. Your criminal history and visits or stays in another country. It's my opinion.

thega

Mar 12, 2021
I am not sure what else they can check there. Your criminal history and visits or stays in another country. It's my opinion.
Ive been to 4 countries. US and Canada being half. Anyone got their AOR in time (11-13 months) and visited more countries than me in the last 10 years? lol

Reactions: Rumman

sharon Gill

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
You receive a letter in your CIC account but at the same time you also receive an email to let you know that you have an update in your account and you need to check your account. Then You download that form and make an appointment with a panel physician. I would suggest to check your account frequently after you have linked your application so that you don’t miss any updates including medical exam request (that’s what IRCC also recommends ). Hope this helps!
Thank you Kzee

LARI_234

Sep 22, 2021
Hi everyone! My boyfriend applied last October and just received a notice to link his account online. It seems like most people get a letter with the AOR at the same time as this, but he did not.

He was able to link the account and can see that the file is 40% done. Any thoughts on why he didn't receive an AOR letter or when he will?

Thanks!

Reactions: Rumman

hhrb

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hi everyone! My boyfriend applied last October and just received a notice to link his account online. It seems like most people get a letter with the AOR at the same time as this, but he did not.

He was able to link the account and can see that the file is 40% done. Any thoughts on why he didn't receive an AOR letter or when he will?

Thanks!
Hi,

I believe this is the AOR! He did receive it; otherwise, he wouldn't have received a request to link his account.

Reactions: DAS_1

gmxplode

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Well, you actually should've informed them as soon as it happened. Especially if it happened last year. It doesn't matter that your partner is resident already, they need to know all changes, that's why webform exists.
I hope it won't influence your application or it's speed of treatment.
Agreed, actually i raised a webform previously and an agent replied back saying that i can only add requests in webform once my application is in process and when i receive permanent application number, Now my application was approved within 10days of receiving AOR so i didnt really find time to inform them about my marriage.

Reactions: ValeriaS

LARI_234

Sep 22, 2021
Hi,

I believe this is the AOR! He did receive it; otherwise, he wouldn't have received a request to link his account.
Thanks for responding!

This is what I thought too, but he's hoping to apply for the open work permit and they say that he needs to include a copy of his acknowledgment of receipt letter, so I was assuming there was something else he needed to include. Not sure if anyone else has been in this situation here!

Reactions: hhrb