+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hello All,
My partner and I just got our CSQ today (I am the primary applicant living in Quebec with VJO), but I am facing a problem and I hope you could help. My partner's passport expires on March 10, 2021. With all the difficulties with traveling, we managed to get an appointment to renew his passport on March 15 2021, which means we will probably get his new passport around March. 25.
My question is, should we wait for a month to submit the application at the Federal stage once we get his new passport? Or should we submit it now and send in a copy of his new passport when it is ready? Pros and Cons? Thanks everybody!
My advice is to update/renew ur passport first then apply for PR.
Otherwise later on, you will be thinking that I already applied for PR, I have not received any AOR (temporary/permanent file number), Now I have new passport, problem is how can i update passport without XEP number (temporary file number). You know any thing can happen with Quebec PR application because this program is the slowest immigration program in Canada.

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hi guys, Is it gonna cause any problem to our QSW PR application if we apply for Express entry CEC program (before ITA)? I know once you receive an ITA then you have to withdraw one application.
Three days before I also created/submitted my express entry profile.
You have to definitely withdraw one immigration application at a specific time but I dont know at which stage?
Have u read anywhere, you have to withdraw just after ITA? Can u share the link?

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
Three days before I also created/submitted my express entry profile.
You have to definitely withdraw one immigration application at a specific time but I dont know at which stage?
Have u read anywhere, you have to withdraw just after ITA? Can u share the link?
So you mean creating/submitting express entry profile shouldn't have any problem right?
Well I have heard that once you receive an ITA then you have to withdraw application, which make sense because we have signed and submitted a deceleration (SCHEDULE 5 DECLARATION OF INTENT TO RESIDE IN QUEBEC ECONOMIC CLASSES) with our QSW application that will contradict our new application through express entry. But I'm not sure and looking for the right information. I hope someone have been through this experience and share here how it works if you have a QSW application in process and want to apply for express entry.

Mrletterbox

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Anyone has got an updated timeline? the progress bar reappeared today and my processing time went from 22 months to 27 months today so now I have 16 weeks left.
Yes, it reappear for me as well, showing 10weeks left (total processing time 27months :))))))

Italy

May 23, 2020
if they insist on using the timeline bar and they did adjust the time difference, then it sounds more reliable than just
They just hope that people will write and call less, seeing from the bar that the delay is expected. Nothing else, I think.

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
So you mean creating/submitting express entry profile shouldn't have any problem right?
Well I have heard that once you receive an ITA then you have to withdraw application, which make sense because we have signed and submitted a deceleration (SCHEDULE 5 DECLARATION OF INTENT TO RESIDE IN QUEBEC ECONOMIC CLASSES) with our QSW application that will contradict our new application through express entry. But I'm not sure and looking for the right information. I hope someone have been through this experience and share here how it works if you have a QSW application in process and want to apply for express entry.
Yesterday, I withdrawn my express entry profile as it came into pool. No ITA.
Is there any problem with my Quebec Skilled worker PR application in the future?

ga07

Jan 13, 2020
Hi,

My status has changed, I have become a common-law partner, I have a closed A75 work permit. So I sent my CSQ to get the new one, and my common-law partner sent an open work permit application. Do you know the deadlines for the CSQ and the work permit?

Thank you very much

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
My advice is to update/renew ur passport first then apply for PR.
Otherwise later on, you will be thinking that I already applied for PR, I have not received any AOR (temporary/permanent file number), Now I have new passport, problem is how can i update passport without XEP number (temporary file number). You know any thing can happen with Quebec PR application because this program is the slowest immigration program in Canada.
Yesterday, I withdrawn my express entry profile as it came into pool. No ITA.
Is there any problem with my Quebec Skilled worker PR application in the future?
Why did you withdraw your express entry application?
?

Mismaeil

Mar 1, 2021
I don't understand why you think that you have a delay. You only submitted your application in 2019 and the processing time is 27 months. If you submitted medicals without being asked for it, your file won't jump the queue. It will wait till its your turn to be reviewed and then if the medicals have expired, you'll be asked for it again. Unless you're being sponsored by a family member, I don't think you're facing a delay?
Dear Mr. Plume,

I saw my processing time bar up to 22 months but they changed it to 27 months without notifying me !!!!

AlaAlrashaeideh

Dec 28, 2019
Hello,
I'm a July 2018 appliant, and did medical in 2020-02 whitch was expired a few days ago.
May I know if you recieved a pre-arrival letter? I didn't recieve it yet. I am in 32months.
I applied inland and then go outland in 2019. No news for more than one year.
I feel very upset. I don't if I will be rejected for some reason. :(
I think no rejection... but now they not processing the outland people