+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

AlaAlrashaeideh

Dec 28, 2019
Hi all, below is my application time line, no medical request till now. Does this feel even normal:

We received your application for permanent residence on December 31, 2018.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 23, 2019.

We started processing your application on December 16, 2019.

Outland applicant.
From UAE ??

AlaAlrashaeideh

Dec 28, 2019
I learnt French and got b2 in 6 months. I got my CSQ under the old PEQ program. However, my application is still moving like a snail while people who applied 8 months after me have gotten their PR.

I think the people who got their CSQ under the new rules (of the new govt) are the ones whose applications are being processed faster. That's just speculation though.
Is there was new CSQ rules for immigration?? When that happened??

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
I think every agent is different. Some keep the medicals for after security so they can just finalize the file when the results are in, others do it the other way round. A friend of mine (American, May 2019) had her medicals in January but recently got asked for a new form of all their travel history, addresses, etc.. As for me, also a May 2019 applicant, I haven't had my medicals asked for yet and my security isn't started. I think the agent processing my file is a little busier..

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Is there was new CSQ rules for immigration?? When that happened??
The changes I was referring to took place in early 2019 when the CAQ govt changed certain rules (and cancelled 18,000 old applications).

For example, I got my CSQ after working in QC for 12 months and getting B2 in a French test. These days, PEQ applicants need too have 2 years for work experience in Quebec, the applicant and their spouse both need to pass the French test and they need to pass a "Quebec values test".

These changes happened around the time when Quebec reduced the yearly intake for immigrants.

william.dan

Sep 10, 2020
hey guys,

I just received an email regarding my application.

"Your application is currently queued for final review. We regret that we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the completion of this process but be assured that once the review is completed, we will advise you in writing if additional information and/or documents will be required. In the meantime, your patience is appreciated while you wait for further instructions from our office."

Does anybody know what happens from here on?

Outland
September 2018 applicant

Reactions: condor3

Nael_shawky

Oct 13, 2018
hey guys,

"Your application is currently queued for final review. We regret that we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the completion of this process but be assured that once the review is completed, we will advise you in writing if additional information and/or documents will be required. In the meantime, your patience is appreciated while you wait for further instructions from our office."

Outland
September 2018 applicant
did you get the MR ?

Reactions: Mrletterbox

Leokun

May 25, 2018
The changes I was referring to took place in early 2019 when the CAQ govt changed certain rules (and cancelled 18,000 old applications).

For example, I got my CSQ after working in QC for 12 months and getting B2 in a French test. These days, PEQ applicants need too have 2 years for work experience in Quebec, the applicant and their spouse both need to pass the French test and they need to pass a "Quebec values test".

These changes happened around the time when Quebec reduced the yearly intake for immigrants.
I know about the changes but they concern CSQ and not the federal part.

shy22

Jan 26, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
May 2018
AOR Received.
July 2018
hey guys,

Outland
September 2018 applicant
This gives us hope... Did you send them a webform or they just sent it to inform you? May we know from which country you are?thanks.

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hi all, last night I got a ghost update, and then my profile changed to « we are reviewing your medical exam results » from « you don’t need a medical exam ».
but I never got an invitation for medical exam. Anyone knows what this means?
App: Aug 8, 2019
AOR: February 17, 2021

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hi all, last night I got a ghost update, and then my profile changed to « we are reviewing your medical exam results » from « you don’t need a medical exam ».
but I never got an invitation for medical exam. Anyone knows what this means?
App: Aug 8, 2019
AOR: February 17, 2021
Did your medicals expire? I think that is good news they are working on your application.

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
hey guys,

Outland
September 2018 applicant
You are in the final stage, one of my friends got this email form his local visa office, after 1 month he got ppr.