+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

asadkhan_2

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
I have a question I have received my CSQ and in notes below two things are mentioned. What does it means and is it for everyone or for some trades etc.

Priority OVC treatment
Priority treatment in the
Training area

Thanks

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hey,

I got my Quebec CSQ under QSWP last week. I don't have Celpip/Ielts/French I have booked for my celpip exam at end of this month. I was wondering about minimum required bands with CSQ.

If anyone can also guide me how much time usually it takes nowadays for PR.CSQ process is pretty streamline now I got mine in less than a month.I am currently in Quebec and working as a software engineer from more than one year.

Thanks
If you have already CSQ you don't need any language test for the PR part.

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
so I got this data from the IRCC website...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards.html

Economic class
Canadian Experience Class (via Express Entry)
  • Our service standard: process electronic applications within 180 days
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of submitted applications (within the approved annual immigration levels plan)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 71% of applications within the standard
We introduced this service standard in March 2015 and reviewed it in February 2019.

Federal Skilled Worker Program (via Express Entry)
  • Our service standard: process electronic applications within 180 days
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of submitted applications (within the approved annual immigration levels plan)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 47% of applications within the standard
We introduced this service standard in March 2015 and reviewed it in February 2019.

Provincial Nominee Program (Paper Applications)
  • Our service standard: process all paper applications within 11 months (doesn’t include the time it takes the province or territory to process)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 20% of applications within the standard
We introduced this service standard in September 2011 and reviewed it in February 2019.

Provincial Nominee Program (via Express Entry)
  • Our service standard: process electronic applications within 180 days (doesn’t include the time it takes the province or territory to process)
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of applications submitted (within the approved annual immigration levels plan)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 63% of applications within the standard

Quebec-selected Skilled Workers Program
  • Our service standard: process applications within 11 months (doesn’t include the time it takes the province to process)
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of applications submitted
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: 2% of applications were processed within the standard
We introduced this service standard in September 2011 and reviewed it in February 2019.

Skilled Trades Program (via Express Entry)
  • Our service standard: process electronic applications within 180 days (doesn’t include the time it takes the province to process)
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of applications submitted (within the approved annual immigration levels plan)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 40% of applications within the standard

QSWP 2019 - 2020 : 2%??? not even funny!!

CAQ government haters please don't tell me MIFI is the reason for IRCC to process 2% only.
That's what happens when you start giving away CSQs like a candy .

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
First one in the facebook group received an official email asking him to link his request with his IUC & he can link it without official AR &
XEP

Case received on 28/11/2019
I saw that post too, i think its an AOR as it has an EP number. I am not sure if the AOR email looks similar and she mentioned she can see the updated address as well in the account.
So thats good news

Reactions: aeya

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
After having waited over 26 months, I opine that EE is a better program than the QSWP on any given day since EE is much faster.

I'm doing my paperwork with the PEQ, advertised as a fast-track way to Canadian PR. I learned French in 6 months and got B2 in my first attempt. I got my CSQ on time and applied for the PR in Nov 2018 (like many people). However, the processing time went from 16 months to 17 to 19 to 22 to 25 and now it is over 26 months.

Long story short, I have lost my faith in the program (like many others). I often repent not having taken the EE route. I sincerely hope that you don't have to face that regret.
Let us have faith in this delay. Perhaps it could be for the good. The time will come when we get our PR’s. Then when we look back at the time when we were waiting for the PR to come, we will know the reason why it was delayed. Let us be patient, good things happen to those who wait :)

AlaAlrashaeideh

Dec 28, 2019
My medicals came in before the criminality check was done. After I passed my medicals, 5 days later they sent a message for the Police Certificates. Then, I saw background check is in progress. Up to date, it still shows the same and my medicals expired in November 2020! So I guess there is still no correlation on how IRCC performs their requests for each case. They can ask for documents in different timings according to each case. As such it is really hard to determine or predict where the file stands.
When they send you medicals, which Visa office you are ??

asadkhan_2

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
I have a question I have received my CSQ and in notes below two things are mentioned. What does it means and is it for everyone or for some trades etc.

Priority OVC treatment
Training area

Thanks

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

Priority OVC treatment
Training area

Thanks
The same thing is mentioned for most of us. It is CSQ processing related and not federal.