+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
I completely agree. They should have a deadline, we live in 21 century for God's sake. How complicated it can be!?
I usually compare the PR request with any other service request. Say, calling a plumber. The plumber takes money in advance and says, "I'll do the service in 16 months." In the 15th month, the plumber says, "I'll do it in 20 months". In the 19th month, the plumber says, "I'll do it in 26 months". And so on. Would people take it lightly?

The worst part is that during this waiting time, we keep renewing work permits over and over, and keep paying taxes.

I think they should have a deadline, say, 12 months sounds like a good time. Besides, it'll only be fair to have a strict deadline because if we delay in sending a document, they might close our file or reject our application. Similarly, there should be a deadline for them and if they don't respect it, they should provide a 50% refund. Hehe.

Reactions: izc2693

Leokun

May 25, 2018
I usually compare the PR request with any other service request. Say, calling a plumber. The plumber takes money in advance and says, "I'll do the service in 16 months." In the 15th month, the plumber says, "I'll do it in 20 months". In the 19th month, the plumber says, "I'll do it in 26 months". And so on. Would people take it lightly?

The worst part is that during this waiting time, we keep renewing work permits over and over, and keep paying taxes.

I think they should have a deadline, say, 12 months sounds like a good time. Besides, it'll only be fair to have a strict deadline because if we delay in sending a document, they might close our file or reject our application. Similarly, there should be a deadline for them and if they don't respect it, they should provide a 50% refund. Hehe.
I'm even willing to pay more if they do their job in time, instead of giving all this money renewing work permits, visas etc. and creating more work for the agents :D

Reactions: NaughtyGoodman

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
After having waited over 26 months, I opine that EE is a better program than the QSWP on any given day since EE is much faster.

I'm doing my paperwork with the PEQ, advertised as a fast-track way to Canadian PR. I learned French in 6 months and got B2 in my first attempt. I got my CSQ on time and applied for the PR in Nov 2018 (like many people). However, the processing time went from 16 months to 17 to 19 to 22 to 25 and now it is over 26 months.

Long story short, I have lost my faith in the program (like many others). I often repent not having taken the EE route. I sincerely hope that you don't have to face that regret.
Say, Thou must repent of all perpetrated sins before becoming a patrician of the holy patria then.;)

Say, as they say, thee can not commence a new life unless thee repent of the old then.:eek:

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Say, Thou must repent of all perpetrated sins before becoming a patrician of the holy patria then.;)
In sooth, methinks I am sufficiently repented and that the burden that my bold shoulders bear is naught but my own doing.

Many an evening in my ennui, having consumed a couple jugs of Dionysus' fine spirits, I pose to my mirror but one question: wouldst the sisters of fate have woven a melody more to my liking had I chosen the path of Express Entry.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
After having waited over 26 months, I opine that EE is a better program than the QSWP on any given day since EE is much faster.

I'm doing my paperwork with the PEQ, advertised as a fast-track way to Canadian PR. I learned French in 6 months and got B2 in my first attempt. I got my CSQ on time and applied for the PR in Nov 2018 (like many people). However, the processing time went from 16 months to 17 to 19 to 22 to 25 and now it is over 26 months.

Long story short, I have lost my faith in the program (like many others). I often repent not having taken the EE route. I sincerely hope that you don't have to face that regret.
The key point here is that after you have the CSQ the rejection in federal stage is almost impossible, you have to fail the security check or have serious health issue. For EE the risks are higher, you may not receive invitation or be rejected because of wrong points calculation, referral letters and so on. The PEQ is safer, but it takes forever. The lawyer has point but the latest developments on the Quebec immigration program are really frustrating.

Mauvaise_vibe

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
The lawyer has point but the latest developments on the Quebec immigration program are really frustrating.
Hey,
I am just curious what "developments" are you referring to.?:rolleyes:
And how is it frustrating.?

From my perspective, all the reforms made provincially is going to make a better system overall, though they are still too far to compete EE system at federal level.o_O

Last edited:

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

I'm okay with the 26 month wait (i honestly feel sorry for 36 month waiting apllicants) ONLY IF they reduce the 2 year (3 year for outland) wait period after PR for citizenship eligibility.

QSWP applicants are clearly required to wait 4-5 years (5-6 years for outland) in TOTAL for citizenship eligibility after ITA for CSQ on ARRIMA. Where as EE applicants are eligible In 2-3 years in total.

Quebec authorities should fight about this with IRCC along with fastening of processing.

Reactions: m-s

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hey,
I am just curious what "developments" are you referring to.?:rolleyes:
And how is it frustrating.?

From my perspective, all the reforms made provincially is going to make a better system overall, though they are still too far to compete EE system at federal level.o_O
Endless processing times for Quebec federal part, Legault government constant changes, Covid

Reactions: Mauvaise_vibe

asadkhan_2

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Hey,

I got my Quebec CSQ under QSWP last week. I don't have Celpip/Ielts/French I have booked for my celpip exam at end of this month. I was wondering about minimum required bands with CSQ.

If anyone can also guide me how much time usually it takes nowadays for PR.CSQ process is pretty streamline now I got mine in less than a month.I am currently in Quebec and working as a software engineer from more than one year.

Thanks

Last edited:

SAAEA

Jun 4, 2019
Iran
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
AOR Received.
12-03-2019
File Transfer...
18-10-2019
Med's Request
10-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Congratulations! Very happy to hear this. A great relief for other Outland applicants!
Do you know which visa office is handling your application since you are an Outland applicant ? Where did you apply from ?
Thank you.
We applied from Iran and our application processing office was Paris and Visa Issued in Ankara, Turkey on 21 Jan.

Reactions: m-s

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hey,

I got my Quebec CSQ under QSWP last week. I don't have Celpip/Ielts/French I have booked for my celpip exam at end of this month. I was wondering about minimum required bands with CSQ.

If anyone can also guide me how much time usually it takes nowadays for PR.CSQ process is pretty streamline now I got mine in less than a month.I am currently in Quebec and working as a software engineer from more than one year.

Thanks
You got CSQ without ielts/celpip/french? Interesting. I have seen PR application asking if you have given the English test but not your score so may be you can just mark it "no".

asadkhan_2

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
You got CSQ without ielts/celpip/french? Interesting. I have seen PR application asking if you have given the English test but not your score so may be you can just mark it "no".
Yes I got CSQ without IELTS/CELPIP/FRENCH and now I see as per the checklist Celpip is required for PR but not sure how much band. If anyone can help me what minimum is acceptable for PR with CSQ.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5690e.pdf
You can see at point number 12 it is required.

Last edited:

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
so I got this data from the IRCC website...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards.html

Economic class
Canadian Experience Class (via Express Entry)
  • Our service standard: process electronic applications within 180 days
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of submitted applications (within the approved annual immigration levels plan)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 71% of applications within the standard
We introduced this service standard in March 2015 and reviewed it in February 2019.

Federal Skilled Worker Program (via Express Entry)
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of submitted applications (within the approved annual immigration levels plan)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 47% of applications within the standard
We introduced this service standard in March 2015 and reviewed it in February 2019.

Provincial Nominee Program (Paper Applications)
  • Our service standard: process all paper applications within 11 months (doesn’t include the time it takes the province or territory to process)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 20% of applications within the standard
We introduced this service standard in September 2011 and reviewed it in February 2019.

Provincial Nominee Program (via Express Entry)
  • Our service standard: process electronic applications within 180 days (doesn’t include the time it takes the province or territory to process)
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of applications submitted (within the approved annual immigration levels plan)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 63% of applications within the standard

Quebec-selected Skilled Workers Program
  • Our service standard: process applications within 11 months (doesn’t include the time it takes the province to process)
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of applications submitted
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: 2% of applications were processed within the standard
We introduced this service standard in September 2011 and reviewed it in February 2019.

Skilled Trades Program (via Express Entry)
  • Our service standard: process electronic applications within 180 days (doesn’t include the time it takes the province to process)
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of applications submitted (within the approved annual immigration levels plan)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 40% of applications within the standard

QSWP 2019 - 2020 : 2%??? not even funny!!

CAQ government haters please don't tell me MIFI is the reason for IRCC to process 2% only.

Italy

May 23, 2020
so I got this data from the IRCC website...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards.html

Economic class
Canadian Experience Class (via Express Entry)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 71% of applications within the standard

Federal Skilled Worker Program (via Express Entry)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 47% of applications within the standard

Provincial Nominee Program (Paper Applications)
  • Our service standard: process all paper applications within 11 months (doesn’t include the time it takes the province or territory to process)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 20% of applications within the standard

Provincial Nominee Program (via Express Entry)
  • Our service standard: process electronic applications within 180 days (doesn’t include the time it takes the province or territory to process)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 63% of applications within the standard

Quebec-selected Skilled Workers Program
  • Our service standard: process applications within 11 months (doesn’t include the time it takes the province to process)
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of applications submitted
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: 2% of applications were processed within the standard

Skilled Trades Program (via Express Entry)
  • Our service standard: process electronic applications within 180 days (doesn’t include the time it takes the province to process)
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 40% of applications within the standard

QSWP 2019 - 2020 : 2%??? not even funny!!

CAQ government haters please don't tell me MIFI is the reason for IRCC to process 2% only.
What a shame!