+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Leokun

May 25, 2018
There is not a priority base on the country of the applicant at the federal level.
I don't think that the French are getting special treatment on federal level too. The only "special treatment" is for the people coming from Muslim countries. I wish we have some kind of statistics about that.

I guess IRCC is picking all the Inland applications as priority.
It's a logical think to do with all the travel restrictions wright now, less jobs on the market, 14 days quarantine and all the other obstacles created from the pandemic.

Reactions: RK2017

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Outland from UAE and it's in Sydney,NS also.
I applied sence December 2018. I have AOR and Biometric only still waiting
I am afraid that I will wait one and half year more or maybe 2 years more.
I applied in July 2018, 5 months before you applied. I am an outland which applied from the United States. I received my Pre-Arrival letter in Dec 2019, IRCC asked for police certificates they were sent a year ago. Also medicals were passed in 2019 and currently expired. I really don't know what to say. I hope we reach the end of the tunnel soon!

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I don't think that the French are getting special treatment on federal level too. The only "special treatment" is for the people coming from Muslim countries. I wish we have some kind of statistics about that.

It's a logical think to do with all the travel restrictions wright now, less jobs on the market, 14 days quarantine and all the other obstacles created from the pandemic.
Yes you have a point. I very much agree.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Same for me. Two weeks ago I got such an update as well. However, I saw no changes in the status of my application. IMO, they either updated the status of the security check, or they finally started the security check.
You could never know what are they doing. Unfortunately. the system is not transparent and every agent has his own way of handling the applications.
My GCMS notes are different from the information they gave on the phone for example.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I saw a comment on that post about one person from October 2019 who also receive it.
I see many comments questioning the genuinity of IRCC response as thier profile was received months earlier :)

Though i understand the frustration of the delay, people should be happy for lucky applicants whose profiles are being processed faster and not fill comment section with frustrated comments which do not help anyone anyway.

I really hope we dont do that here and keep this thread more information oriented and less complaints oriented.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
That depends how you advance in you process Try to wait for 3 years and stay positive. I hope you don’t have to experience it. Delayed application are also informative.
Very sorry for your plight. But IMO valuable information can help each other more than complaints.

Just to add, I've been on Canadian PR hunt since 2015 and with QSWP since July 2019.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I believe those "random" picks will include many candidates from France. I know a few people from France who applied after me, but they got their PR before me.

I'm told that France and QC have a special arrangement so French candidates get more priority. I'm not sure though. Just sharing my knowledge.
Two french and one Chinese 'random picks' till now (there maybe others but these are the only ones who have shared it publicly). Oct/Nov 2019. Progress bar shows 8 months remaining. This is pilot project before enmasse rollout happens. Things would start picking up in next few weeks.

Reactions: Zgajipurwala

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Be positive AORs are finally coming out and things are moving along. Slowly, but moving along.

I applied on August 2019, and I am not worried that I haven't gotten my AOR (while applicants from November already did). Quite the opposite, I am excited that these people just got the AOR—It means things are moving on!

After years of waiting for IRCC, it has been frustrating. But, unlike MIDI, IRCC has never been showing crazy behavior (like eliminating thousands of applications at a time). Yes, they sometimes prioritize some people for mysterious reasons, and sometimes make mistakes. But 99.9% of the people have gotten their PR—soon or later.

Believe me, I have been on the federal level since August 2019, and a resident of Canada since 2007!! Yes, 2007. Can you believe how much I want to become a PR?

But let's be positive, things are moving along, and we will all soon get our AOR and PRs! :) Things are moving

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Be positive AORs are finally coming out and things are moving along. Slowly, but moving along.

I applied on August 2019, and I am not worried that I haven't gotten my AOR (while applicants from November already did). Quite the opposite, I am excited that these people just got the AOR—It means things are moving on!

After years of waiting for IRCC, it has been frustrating. But, unlike MIDI, IRCC has never been showing crazy behavior (like eliminating thousands of applications at a time). Yes, they sometimes prioritize some people for mysterious reasons, and sometimes make mistakes. But 99.9% of the people have gotten their PR—soon or later.

Believe me, I have been on the federal level since August 2019, and a resident of Canada since 2007!! Yes, 2007. Can you believe how much I want to become a PR?

But let's be positive, things are moving along, and we will all soon get our AOR and PRs! :) Things are moving
Really wish everyone got your patience my friend. It will be very helpful in life ahead:)

Reactions: wangv1

Jo123456

Star Member
May 13, 2020
I saw a comment on that post about one person from October 2019 who also receive it.
They are 5 persons got AR now , i will get crazy if i keep following up all comments in the 3 facebook groups LoL
Hope the Admins there will make a poll so we can know the updated numbers

Last edited:
Reactions: Immstu