Interview........
00-00-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-2017
LANDED..........
00-00-2017
I want to apply for Quebec immigration next year in 2015.

My details are as below: -

My Education: - Master in Computer Application.
Work Experience: - 12 Years.
My Age: - 36
My Occupation:- Computer Network Technician - 2281.
My IELTS Score: - Listening: - 6.0, Reading: - 5.5, Writing: - 5.0, Speaking: - 6.5 Overall Band: - 6.0.

Spouse Education:- M.Phil(English).
Work Experience:- 10 Years.
Spouse Age:- 34
Spouse Occupation:- College Lecturer - 4011

Please tell me who much i will score and can i apply to Quebec immigration without French.

Waiting for your prompt response.

Please senior Provide some help & give some hope.

Thanking You,

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
kau_shik_patel said:
I want to apply for Quebec immigration next year in 2015.

My details are as below: -

My Education: - Master in Computer Application.
Work Experience: - 12 Years.
My Age: - 36
My Occupation:- Computer Network Technician - 2281.
My IELTS Score: - Listening: - 6.0, Reading: - 5.5, Writing: - 5.0, Speaking: - 6.5 Overall Band: - 6.0.

Spouse Education:- M.Phil(English).
Work Experience:- 10 Years.
Spouse Age:- 34
Spouse Occupation:- College Lecturer - 4011

Please tell me who much i will score and can i apply to Quebec immigration without French.

Waiting for your prompt response.

Please senior Provide some help & give some hope.

Thanking You,
This section is for the the PEQ but then again....

Do you really want to move to Quebec? What do you know about Quebec? Immigrants are at a disadvantage in terms of experience and qualifications, it makes it tougher for immigrants if they do not speak the communal language. Doesn't matter if one has 10 years of experience. If it is not obtained in Canada or Anglophone countries, the experience is not valued. Non Canadian qualifications are immaterial too.

Too often you see immigrants, delivering food throughout the neighbourhoods of Montreal. I don't think they were deliverymen back in those countries that they came from. They would have been accountants, doctors, IT technicians otherwise they wouldn't have gotten enough points to move to Canada.

saaz87

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Montreal - Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014 App. Received: 15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-05-2015
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
Med's Request
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Interview........
-- WAIVED -- Decision Made: 18-06-2015
Passport Req..
26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2015 PR Card.........: 07-10-2015
I don't think private courses are counted unless they are from an accrediated university and specified in the definitive list as you mentioned.
In my case I reapplied for CSQ on 27th October and finally got it today so my transcripts worked fortunately. It cost me twice as much money but at least I got it so I am relieved.

Okacheese said:
Before the new rules that came into affect in August 2013, level 5 was accepted. i.e. when the language requirement was still B1 instead of B2.

But then again, the problem then was that there wasn't a definitive list to determine which courses at a Quebec university, college, CEGEP was equivalent to the B1. It was quite arbitrary. Even within institutions, the instructors couldn't say with confidence which courses was at that level, unless your french teacher came from France, they won't have a benchmark to say which course is equivalent to that level. As a rule of thumb, if by the end of the course, you understand the subjonctif and have done done the 3 cases of 'si', can tell the difference between que and qui. Then that should be B1. God knows how did the MICC approve those applications.......

I guess the MICC was having too many problems with the course-based language certifications that they then decided to come out with a definitive list as you have showed here. The bizarre thing is that, if I complete a B2 course now at Alliance Francaise in Quebec, does it mean that I do not qualify?

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
varuen said:
We have a whatsapp group for all quebec applicants. Quebec Applicants invited to share the experience and to get in touch. you can message me your number to my inbox.
Hi Varuen, what is the whatsapp group's name? ;)

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
July 02, 2014 App. Received..: July 07, 2014
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
July 03, 2015 (sent July 04, received July 07)
VISA ISSUED...
July 08, 2015 (received pp back: July 15)
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
Hi guys,

I saw that the "average processing time" on the CIC website is 18 months, but I thought it's just like a loose upper-bound because I've seen many people get their PR (in QSW) in 10 months and sometimes even 8!! Any ideas on the latest estimates on how long it has been taking lately to issue PR for Quebec applicants?

I have the following timeline:
July 07, 2014 Application received
September 18, 2014 AOR & medical exam request
September 22, 2014 Medical exam taken
October 16, 2014 Medical exam results received

Anyone with similar timeline?
Should I expect it to take more than a year, i.e. beyond August 2015?

Thanks.

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
jad_montreal said:
Hi guys,

I saw that the "average processing time" on the CIC website is 18 months, but I thought it's just like a loose upper-bound because I've seen many people get their PR (in QSW) in 10 months and sometimes even 8!! Any ideas on the latest estimates on how long it has been taking lately to issue PR for Quebec applicants?

I have the following timeline:
July 07, 2014 Application received
September 18, 2014 AOR & medical exam request
September 22, 2014 Medical exam taken
October 16, 2014 Medical exam results received

Anyone with similar timeline?
Should I expect it to take more than a year, i.e. beyond August 2015?

Thanks.
At which visa office?

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
Okacheese said:
At which visa office?
I submitted my application to Sydney, NS. I had already obtained CSQ before that through PEQ, not sure though if this has any effect on the processing time of the PR application.

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
jad_montreal said:
I submitted my application to Sydney, NS. I had already obtained CSQ before that through PEQ, not sure though if this has any effect on the processing time of the PR application.
So yours is an onshore application...yes? You are currently residing in Canada.

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
Okacheese said:
So yours is an onshore application...yes? You are currently residing in Canada.
Yes, I am currently in Montreal. I think the application should be transferred at some point to another office (maybe here in Montreal?) if I am not mistaken, but I am not very sure.

spacewave4

Nov 25, 2013
Hey Guys please I need your help.

My situation is that I just finished my 2-years Master's at UQAM (french uni). Then I applied for a new 3rd cycle CAQ and started my PhD 5 months ago.
Now I decided to quiet my PhD to apply for PEQ and PGWP. I called immigration quebec and they told me that in this case I have to send an official letter to cancel my CAQ along with my PEQ application. However, when I read some comments here I got scared guys that some PEQ applications got rejected.

So my question is :
1- If I did as immigration quebec people told me, is it safe?
2- I knew that being a graduate of a french university is sufficient to satisfy the language requirement, isn't that? or anyone got asked an official exam while was in same situation? or asked for an interview?

Thanks in advance

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi

1- That's actually the only way you can do to obtain your CSQ-PEQ. You can't have both CAQ and CSQ at the same time. That's why they want you to declare your intention not to continue your studies. Therefore they can cancel your CAQ, so you become clear for CSQ.

2- That's true. Please check the link below:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/language-requirements.html

You shouldn't worry about your CSQ, if they asked you to cancel your CAQ. Try to contact them clearly. The Quebec government usually takes care of its clients precisely. Your only concern should be how to extend your stay in Canada. I am not sure if you are eligible to apply for PGWP, as you already missed 90 days since your graduation date. please check below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

spacewave4 said:
Hey Guys please I need your help.

My situation is that I just finished my 2-years Master's at UQAM (french uni). Then I applied for a new 3rd cycle CAQ and started my PhD 5 months ago.
Now I decided to quiet my PhD to apply for PEQ and PGWP. I called immigration quebec and they told me that in this case I have to send an official letter to cancel my CAQ along with my PEQ application. However, when I read some comments here I got scared guys that some PEQ applications got rejected.

So my question is :
1- If I did as immigration quebec people told me, is it safe?
2- I knew that being a graduate of a french university is sufficient to satisfy the language requirement, isn't that? or anyone got asked an official exam while was in same situation? or asked for an interview?

Thanks in advance

spacewave4

Nov 25, 2013
Thanks Ali,

Actually my case is that although I finished my master's stuff, still my thesis is under revision by juries. So typically I am not granted the final certificate of my degree. Furthermore, I am still registered in master's as (thesis writing) because I didn't submit the final version of my thesis. This is besides my registration to the PhD program.

So typically, I think that the best scenario is once I get my final certificate (probably after 1-2 months) I should apply for PEQ and after having it apply for PGWP (requesting the cancellation of my PhD-CAQ and extended-Study permit), is that correct?

Regards,

ali_manu said:
Hi

1- That's actually the only way you can do to obtain your CSQ-PEQ. You can't have both CAQ and CSQ at the same time. That's why they want you to declare your intention not to continue your studies. Therefore they can cancel your CAQ, so you become clear for CSQ.

2- That's true. Please check the link below:

You shouldn't worry about your CSQ, if they asked you to cancel your CAQ. Try to contact them clearly. The Quebec government usually takes care of its clients precisely. Your only concern should be how to extend your stay in Canada. I am not sure if you are eligible to apply for PGWP, as you already missed 90 days since your graduation date. please check below:

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi

So, that's great for PGWP. Since you said that you have started your PhD 5 months ago, I somehow implied that you may have taken your master graduation letter already.

Actually I don't know which of PEQ or PGWP you should apply first, once you get your certificate. You may apply both at the same time or you may apply for PGWP first (this is at least a good proof that you do not plan to continue your studies). I don't know anyway.

For PEQ, it is good idea to write them a letter saying that you do not want to continue for PhD anymore. But to prove you claim, I would also recommend taking an official letter from uni saying that you have withdrawn your Ph.D or no longer registered in your program. Remember they should be clearly convinced that you do not intend to go for Ph.D. You'll need to support your intention with official documents.

Best

spacewave4 said:
Thanks Ali,

Actually my case is that although I finished my master's stuff, still my thesis is under revision by juries. So typically I am not granted the final certificate of my degree. Furthermore, I am still registered in master's as (thesis writing) because I didn't submit the final version of my thesis. This is besides my registration to the PhD program.

So typically, I think that the best scenario is once I get my final certificate (probably after 1-2 months) I should apply for PEQ and after having it apply for PGWP (requesting the cancellation of my PhD-CAQ and extended-Study permit), is that correct?

Regards,

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
What documents are needed to apply for Quebec skilled worker(ECA,Language,....)?
and when does the program open?

thanks,