+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi

If the missed document is the graduation letter, my suggestion is to contact them and let them know the case. In some cases they may give a bridge period to people to take their missed document by the end of bridge period (if it is the only problem).

I think even if your file is rejected, they won't throw away all the documents right away. You can simply ask them (by phone or a letter) to keep your original scores, in case you want to submit a new application, then you use your copied score only to refer them to your original score that you had already sent them. Meanwhile its also not a bad idea to ask ciep or ccip (the TEF and TCF takers, the one applied to you) to issue you a new version of score (just to be at the safe side).

I am not sure this case is applied to PEQ like regular CSQ or not, but there may be a chance that they don't ask you for another fee, IF your new application is submitted within the 90 days of first application rejection date. Of course I am not sure, but check this on website to make sure.

Good luck

aaronca said:
hey every one i am a new user in this forum , i hope i can find some one give me some advises

i submitted my application in peq program 5 months ago ,but right now i miss one document so i will get refusal in 3 weeks for sure , but i just wondering will they return back my french test result to me ? because i only have one original sheet and also still in valid , i asked many friends they said MICC wont give you anything whatever you will be refused or cancel this application , so how can i apply next time ? i will be ready in next 3 months , if i dont have original french score sheet?i only have a scan in my laptop

really hurry because my next school will start tmr night , and also i have to pay the money ,i dont wanna waste my money again

thank you thank you every one

aaronca

May 14, 2014
ok thank you a lot , i did dep +asp to apply the peq , right now i failed on the asp ,i am studying another one which is finished by 3 months

i will write a letter to ask them to return my french exam test ,because i called the micc , everyone has different reply , oh my god

thank you anyway , you are so nice
have a good day

MAX_87

May 18, 2014
Hi,

I just have a question about papers for the federal step. Ive red few times instructions but I wasnt able to understand if for example a copy of my marriage certificate has to be certified (its in english) when Im sending my papers for federal step? Or the copy has to be certified by notary only when its translated ?

Thanks

eurmione

Jun 12, 2013
manitoba
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
end of Feb 2013 for CSQ and April 9, 2013 for Federal
Nomination.....
CSQ received on March 13, 2013
AOR Received.
June 5, 2013
IELTS Request
wave
Med's Request
june 12, 2013
Med's Done....
june 14, 2013. Med received on ECAS: August 19, 2013
Interview........
RPRF on Sept 3, 2013. ECAS status change to in process on Sept 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov 18, 2013, Decision Made Nov 19, 2013 sent PP same day
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 17, 2013 (same day of PP return)
berengena said:
Thank you Klockwerk for you response! much appreciated

Yes, my intention is to apply to the PEQ under the second track, as i work in a professional/managerial position and I meet all the requirements.

What I still don't fully understand is, when applying under the PEQ, is it a one time only application that covers both the CSQ and the PR or, do i need to do it in separate stages, which is first the CSQ and secondly the PR. I know that the PEQ gives you an advantage in terms of "treatment" for the CSQ, but does it also give you an advantage for the PR?

Cheers and happy Thursday
Apply for CSQ, have CSQ on hand, Apply for PR. No special treatment for PR

eurmione

Jun 12, 2013
manitoba
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
end of Feb 2013 for CSQ and April 9, 2013 for Federal
Nomination.....
CSQ received on March 13, 2013
AOR Received.
June 5, 2013
IELTS Request
wave
Med's Request
june 12, 2013
Med's Done....
june 14, 2013. Med received on ECAS: August 19, 2013
Interview........
RPRF on Sept 3, 2013. ECAS status change to in process on Sept 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov 18, 2013, Decision Made Nov 19, 2013 sent PP same day
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 17, 2013 (same day of PP return)
MAX_87 said:
Hi,

I just have a question about papers for the federal step. Ive red few times instructions but I wasnt able to understand if for example a copy of my marriage certificate has to be certified (its in english) when Im sending my papers for federal step? Or the copy has to be certified by notary only when its translated ?

Thanks
My marriage certificate is from Quebec, so I just photocopy and send. If it is from outside of Canada, photocopy, bring it to city hall and have it stamp for 5$. If it is not in English, you have to bring it to a certified translator, they will have the stamp. Dont use notary, they are ripped off

MAX_87

May 18, 2014
eurmione said:
My marriage certificate is from Quebec, so I just photocopy and send. If it is from outside of Canada, photocopy, bring it to city hall and have it stamp for 5$. If it is not in English, you have to bring it to a certified translator, they will have the stamp. Dont use notary, they are ripped off
Eurmione, thank you very much for your advice :)

amasa

Sep 10, 2014
Hello everyone.
I applied for CSQ under the program PEQ. The application was denied, due the french level.
From your experience, can I apply again for this program?
I have to pay the fee again, or just to send the result of the new test?
Thank you for your reply.

aaronca

May 14, 2014
amasa said:
Hello everyone.
I applied for CSQ under the program PEQ. The application was denied, due the french level.
From your experience, can I apply again for this program?
I have to pay the fee again, or just to send the result of the new test?
Thank you for your reply.
i just curious why you sent your application since you did not have the right french level as it shows in the MICC website ,which is very obviously , why waste your time and money , for your answer is you can apply again and again , unless you pay your 757 dollar by every time

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
Hey folks!

Has anyone here ever changed programs (from QSW to PEQ)? What I am wondering is, on the homepage of the Québec government it states:

"If you are eligible for submit your application for a CSQ to the Direction de l'immigration économique – Amérique du Nord and plan to apply for permanent residence to the Centralized Intake Office in Canada, in Sydney, Nova Scotia, you may attach the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) to your CSQ application.

The Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion will stamp the receipt date on your forms (IMM 0008 and CSQ application). This date will be taken into account by Citizenship and Immigration Canada to determine priority when it processes your application for permanent residence.

If the decision on your application is positive, the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) will be returned to you with your CSQ."

I originally applied under the QSW class for my CSQ in January and now applied for a transfer to the PEQ after having worked here for one year now. Hence, the stamp on the generic application form says "January 14, 2014".

Will they still deduct the 8.5 months from my processing time?

nutrition1030515

Mar 28, 2014
Hi guys, I did my medical exam about 2 months ago. The status on CIC website still only shows "Application Received". Should I worry if my med exam result has been received by them? Is there supposed to be an update in status for med exam?

Thank you all!!

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi

There is no specific status saying "Medical received", but did you click on "application received"? It opens another page showing "Medical results have been received".

Usually there should be no worries, because there is no regulation with updating eCAS. In many cases eCAS is updated long later. Some people received passport-request letter while their eCAS still showed "Application received".

To make sure, you can contact the doctor with whom you did your medical exam and get a copy of your medical tests forms. They will let you know which date they have sent your results to CIC.

nutrition1030515 said:
Hi guys, I did my medical exam about 2 months ago. The status on CIC website still only shows "Application Received". Should I worry if my med exam result has been received by them? Is there supposed to be an update in status for med exam?

Thank you all!!

aaronca

May 14, 2014
ali_manu said:
Hi

If the missed document is the graduation letter, my suggestion is to contact them and let them know the case. In some cases they may give a bridge period to people to take their missed document by the end of bridge period (if it is the only problem).

I think even if your file is rejected, they won't throw away all the documents right away. You can simply ask them (by phone or a letter) to keep your original scores, in case you want to submit a new application, then you use your copied score only to refer them to your original score that you had already sent them. Meanwhile its also not a bad idea to ask ciep or ccip (the TEF and TCF takers, the one applied to you) to issue you a new version of score (just to be at the safe side).

I am not sure this case is applied to PEQ like regular CSQ or not, but there may be a chance that they don't ask you for another fee, IF your new application is submitted within the 90 days of first application rejection date. Of course I am not sure, but check this on website to make sure.

Good luck

sorry to disturb you again ,today i got the refuse letter about my application of PEQ , it says i can reply the regular work programe in 5 months ,and i dont need pay application fee , that sounds good , all the letter tells me how to apply the regular work project ,but i still wanna apply peq in 2 months ,in two months i should ready all the documents meet the peq requirements ,why they did not mention any information about repply again the PEQ? one person only one chance to apply the PEQ?

OMG my heat hurts....

abhicanada

Sep 14, 2014
Hi everyone,

I want to get some of your expert opinion.

I will explain my situation. I graduated from HEC Montreal business school with an MBA in 2013 before that I had done my Master's in engineering and worked in the US for 2 years.
Since last year September I was issued a post graduation work permit after graduation for 1 year but I could not find a job. Now, my work permit is about to expire on 4 November, 2014. I started learning french about 6 months ago and I gave the TCFQ exam in which I scored level B1. I need level B2 to apply for the CSQ under the PEQ program in Quebec.

I want to get advice from you as to how can I now extend my stay in Canada legally so that I can apply under the PEQ program after giving the test again and attaining level B2 in french and if changing my status will cause a problem in applying for the CSQ under the PEQ category (for example going to another status such as a student visa or temporary visit visa). Finally I would like to know if I have to return to my country India or going to the US (I have a visitor visa for the US), can I apply for the CSQ under PEQ category from there.

Please reply with urgency as I have a very short time window now to stay in this country. In advance I would like to thank you and I am really waiting for your expert advice.

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi,

It's ok if you want to apply for PEQ one more time. If the letter says nothing about peq, it doesn't mean there is a limitation for re-applying peq, unless probably you need to pay another fee. So, don't worry. Finish your degree first; and you can still apply, if you meet PEQ requirements.

My suggestion is also not to apply for regular program, since there is a time-consuming difficult complicated process for regular program (as there is cap of a maximum number of applications per year accepted). However there is no limit for number of peq applications accepted each year (plus a 20 day process). I mean you may not lose your money with regular, but you will definitely lose time and still there is no guarantee that you are issued CSQ with regular program.

good luck

aaronca said:
sorry to disturb you again ,today i got the refuse letter about my application of PEQ , it says i can reply the regular work programe in 5 months ,and i dont need pay application fee , that sounds good , all the letter tells me how to apply the regular work project ,but i still wanna apply peq in 2 months ,in two months i should ready all the documents meet the peq requirements ,why they did not mention any information about repply again the PEQ? one person only one chance to apply the PEQ?

OMG my heat hurts....