+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

Ornob

Oct 16, 2013
hello folks, My eCAS status changed to "decision made" on 1st June. But I haven't received the passport request yet. Now I am bit worried. Is there anyone who is in a similar situation?

Category: QSW
App. Filed: 02 October 2013
Money deducted: 04 November 2013
AOR Received.: 13 November 2013
Med's Request: 13 November 2013
Med's Done: 18 November 2013
Medical Received: 24 December 2013
RPRF requested: 01 May2014
RPRF paid: 02 May 2014
Decision made: 01 June 2014

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
Ornob, we are exactly on the same boat, with extremely similar timelines as well.

I've been worrying as well, but of what I've seen on many forums and other people's experiences, this is 99% good news. I think that the sequence of events that would lead to a worrisome scenario are quite different (for example DM before or right after medical exams, DM before RFPR fee request, etc). Even so, I have seen cases where people got a DM before other stuff has been requested and in the end they had a positive decision.

I think anytime next week we'll hear the good news!

Ornob

Oct 16, 2013
qcuio said:
Ornob, we are exactly on the same boat, with extremely similar timelines as well.

I've been worrying as well, but of what I've seen on many forums and other people's experiences, this is 99% good news. I think that the sequence of events that would lead to a worrisome scenario are quite different (for example DM before or right after medical exams, DM before RFPR fee request, etc). Even so, I have seen cases where people got a DM before other stuff has been requested and in the end they had a positive decision.

I think anytime next week we'll hear the good news!
Thanks for your reply. I was reading your previous post where u mentioned that you don't require visa to enter Canada. Does it mean that you are waiting for CoPR? Or u applied with your South American passport and waiting for passport request?

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
Ornob said:
Thanks for your reply. I was reading your previous post where u mentioned that you don't require visa to enter Canada. Does it mean that you are waiting for CoPR? Or u applied with your South American passport and waiting for passport request?
I had to list all national documents, so I listed my european passport as the primary one and the south american as the secondary one. In my application i had to send copies of both passports.

I really dont know what to expect at this point for that reason!

Ornob

Oct 16, 2013
qcuio said:
I had to list all national documents, so I listed my european passport as the primary one and the south american as the secondary one. In my application i had to send copies of both passports.

I really dont know what to expect at this point for that reason!

Thanks for the reply. Please keep us posted.

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
Ornob said:
Thanks for the reply. Please keep us posted.
Its official! I received the COPR last Friday!!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt be more excited!

The letter says that being from a visa-exempt country, I dont require a passport request. I must now just go to a port of entry to get it validated.

Good luck to everyone! My total processing time was 7 months, which is way less than I would have thought.

Cheers!

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi everybody

I received an email from CIC saying that "you have provided a copy of police certificate with translation, but it is necessary to provide the original police certificate with an original certified translation". Also, the email form CIC did not mention anything regarding updating my police certificate, but only asking to send the original one rather than copy.

On the other hand, in the "Guide Q7000" form (instruction to how to fill an application) it says the police certificate must be valid UP TO THREE MONTHS PRIOR SUBMITTING APPLICATION. My application was filed at November 2013 and my police certificate was date at September 2013.

It is REALLY difficult and may be time-consuming to provide an updated one (I'm not sure if I will miss their 60 days deadline).

Do you think it is ok that I send the one I have from September 2013 (which is of course less than THREE MONTHS PRIOR MY APPLICATION SUBMISSION)? Does anybody have a similar experience?

All the best

ludhimila

Sep 24, 2013
Ornob said:
hello folks, My eCAS status changed to "decision made" on 1st June. But I haven't received the passport request yet. Now I am bit worried. Is there anyone who is in a similar situation?

Category: QSW
App. Filed: 02 October 2013
Money deducted: 04 November 2013
AOR Received.: 13 November 2013
Med's Request: 13 November 2013
Med's Done: 18 November 2013
Medical Received: 24 December 2013
RPRF requested: 01 May2014
RPRF paid: 02 May 2014
Decision made: 01 June 2014

I received before my status changed... but I didnt receive my passport back yet...
Since there is a lot of people getting the decision made the last two weeks, they may be busy I think.

Some friends that got the decision made in April, got their passport in a week. Mine has been two weeks already...

=////

Hope it comes soon !! I have a trip booked for the next weekend ...:(

juventernity

Jun 16, 2014
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for someone who has similar Federal stage timeline as mine. Here is my timeline:

Federal stage:

Visa Office.............: CPP-Ottawa
App. Delivered........: 2013.12.03 Federal, Sydney
App. Filed...............: 2014.01.30
Medical Exam Request: 2014.01.30
Medical Exam Done...: 2014.02.12
Medical Exam Received: 2014.02.26

then there are no more updates until now.

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
juventernity said:
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for someone who has similar Federal stage timeline as mine. Here is my timeline:

Federal stage:

Visa Office.............: CPP-Ottawa
App. Delivered........: 2013.12.03 Federal, Sydney
App. Filed...............: 2014.01.30
Medical Exam Request: 2014.01.30
Medical Exam Done...: 2014.02.12
Medical Exam Received: 2014.02.26

then there are no more updates until now.
I submitted my application in early October of 2013 and received my COPR on June 3rd of 2014. I think that at the rate they're going, and given that all your papers are in order, you'll get it in a couple more months. I point out that between "Application Received" and "Decision Made" there were no updates at all on the portal, and I just got asked to pay RTPR by email.

juventernity

Jun 16, 2014
qcuio said:
I submitted my application in early October of 2013 and received my COPR on June 3rd of 2014. I think that at the rate they're going, and given that all your papers are in order, you'll get it in a couple more months. I point out that between "Application Received" and "Decision Made" there were no updates at all on the portal, and I just got asked to pay RTPR by email.
Hey Qcuio,

Thanks for your “pointing out”. I think there should be a status change to "in process" between "Application Received" and "Decision Made". But according to your experience, it seems no update anymore util "decision made". I'll wait for another couple of months and see how my application is going.

Really appreciate it!

qcuio

Apr 2, 2014
juventernity said:
Hey Qcuio,

Thanks for your “pointing out”. I think there should be a status change to "in process" between "Application Received" and "Decision Made". But according to your experience, it seems no update anymore util "decision made". I'll wait for another couple of months and see how my application is going.

Really appreciate it!
There sometimes is, but it hasnt been the case for some of us here (at least 4-5) so dont stress out about seeing it changing!

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi all

My passport has reached its last six month validity, while my application is on "in process" in my ECAS.
I want to apply to renew my pass. However I don't know how I should inform CIC with that, once I receive my new pass.
Should I send an email to CIC, mail to CIC's address, or is there any facsimile number I can use in this case?
Does anyone have an experience before?

Cheers

nutrition1030515

Mar 28, 2014
Hi, I have just done my medical exam today in Montreal. The doctor gave me a certificate stating the fact I did the exam. He also instructed me to send this certificate to my processing office, which is Ottawa.

My questions is, how do I "send" it to them? By email, mail or fax? Original or copy? I have never seen a single instruction on CIC website on doing so. I always thought the doctor is going to send my exam result directly to Ottawa.

Thank you in advance!