+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

woodsont

Aug 11, 2014
Hello folks, I am going to apply for PEQ-Quebec graduate program. While issuing CSQ, do they call for an interview? How long does it take to get federal PR after getting CSQ? Does the time vary for Quebec skilled worker(point based) and Quebec graduate program (Not point based but B2 level of french is mandatory) ?

nutrition1030515

Mar 28, 2014
woodsont said:
Hello folks, I am going to apply for PEQ-Quebec graduate program. While issuing CSQ, do they call for an interview? How long does it take to get federal PR after getting CSQ? Does the time vary for Quebec skilled worker(point based) and Quebec graduate program (Not point based but B2 level of french is mandatory) ?
You can find everything in the link below.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/index.html

bitu225

Aug 12, 2014
Hey guys.

I am a recent graduated student in Montreal. I would like to apply for CSQ under PEQ program. However, my French level right now is only B1 for both skills. I am thinking about sending application for regular program. My only concern is can I reapply for PEQ program while waiting for regular program (of course once I achieve B2 level). Not sure if it's possible to do so.

I really appreciate all the helps. Thanks in advance.

nutrition1030515

Mar 28, 2014
bitu225 said:
Hey guys.

I am a recent graduated student in Montreal. I would like to apply for CSQ under PEQ program. However, my French level right now is only B1 for both skills. I am thinking about sending application for regular program. My only concern is can I reapply for PEQ program while waiting for regular program (of course once I achieve B2 level). Not sure if it's possible to do so.

I really appreciate all the helps. Thanks in advance.
I was in almost the same boat just a year ago. I called Immigration Quebec countless times and got different answers every single time. So I decided to give it a try, thinking after all, I am the one who is paying the application fee. So take my money and process my case, or cases.

Once I received CSQ from PEQ program, I did not even bother to give them a call. Months later, got a letter from Immigration Quebec saying that my case in regular program was cancelled as I already have CSQ:)

ps2qft

Aug 4, 2014
woodsont said:
nutrition1030515 -- did you apply for PEQ-quebec graduate program? did they call for an interview?
It would behoove you to first actually read the materials people send in response to your queries. If you cannot do that, perhaps you should reconsider your whole application as I doubt you'd be a good fit anywhere in Canada.

berengena

Aug 26, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. After reading many articles onthe internet and checking out this forum, I still have some doubts..

My situation is the following:
Im on a post-graduate work permit, valid till July 2016. I completed on July 2013 a master's degree in British Columbia, and I'm now working and living in Montreal. I have been working full-time for almost 12 months now, I speak french fluently and I have all the requisites to apply to the PEQ.

However, I have some questions that maybe you guys can help me find the answers:

1) IS the PEQ an application for the CSQ only or for both the CSQ and Permanent Residence?
2) Is it a one time application or does is have more stages?

Sorry if thesequestions have been already asked, but I can't find the answers..

Cheers everyone,

Berengena

klockwerk

Aug 27, 2014
berengena said:
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. After reading many articles onthe internet and checking out this forum, I still have some doubts..

My situation is the following:
Im on a post-graduate work permit, valid till July 2016. I completed on July 2013 a master's degree in British Columbia, and I'm now working and living in Montreal. I have been working full-time for almost 12 months now, I speak french fluently and I have all the requisites to apply to the PEQ.

However, I have some questions that maybe you guys can help me find the answers:

1) IS the PEQ an application for the CSQ only or for both the CSQ and Permanent Residence?
2) Is it a one time application or does is have more stages?

Sorry if thesequestions have been already asked, but I can't find the answers..

Cheers everyone,

Berengena
Are you sure that you are eligible for the PEQ? The PEQ is for graduates holding a diploma from a Québec institution, so while your diploma from BC would get you major points in a normal CSQ application, it does not make you eligible for the PEQ. See also: immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/immigrer-installer/etudiants/demeurer-quebec/demande-csq/etudiants-peq/diplome-admissible.html

Edit: Unless, of course, you are taking the other PEQ track, in which case you need to meet the specialized work experience requirement: immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/immigrer-installer/travailleurs-temporaires/demeurer-quebec/demande-csq/travailleurs-peq/emplois-admissibles.html

To answer your two questions though:
1- The Immigration-Québec process yields the CSQ, which allows you to proceed to the federal application process. Once you receive the CSQ, you will have to manually start your application with the CIC. But keep in mind, since Quebec has selected you already, you are only subject to security and admission controls at the federal level - there is no interview or selection criteria requirements at the federal level for those holding a valid CSQ.

2- The CSQ application in the PEQ program is one time. A normal CSQ application can have stages, including an interview process.

farmer200012

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Hello all,

I need help to figure out my Area of Training while filling up my CSQ application. It says:

8. Give the title and code of your area of training, for which you received a diploma, as it appears in the List of areas of training:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/Application-selection-certificate-dyn.pdf

I have two Degrees:

Masters of Engineering in Information System security from Quebec/ Montreal
COMPUTER ENGINEERING (Bach. - 4 years) from outside Canada.

I have mentioned in CSQ application form COMPUTER ENGINEERING (Bach. - 4 years) with code of area of training U062, which will give 12 points.
But I didn't find any code related to my Masters Degree (Masters of Engineering in Information System security from Quebec/ Montreal).

Could you please let me know that what should I mentioned in application form so I can secure Masters degree point as well?

I will really appreciate your favor.

berengena

Aug 26, 2014
klockwerk said:
Are you sure that you are eligible for the PEQ? The PEQ is for graduates holding a diploma from a Québec institution, so while your diploma from BC would get you major points in a normal CSQ application, it does not make you eligible for the PEQ. See also: immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/immigrer-installer/etudiants/demeurer-quebec/demande-csq/etudiants-peq/diplome-admissible.html

Edit: Unless, of course, you are taking the other PEQ track, in which case you need to meet the specialized work experience requirement: immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/immigrer-installer/travailleurs-temporaires/demeurer-quebec/demande-csq/travailleurs-peq/emplois-admissibles.html

To answer your two questions though:
1- The Immigration-Québec process yields the CSQ, which allows you to proceed to the federal application process. Once you receive the CSQ, you will have to manually start your application with the CIC. But keep in mind, since Quebec has selected you already, you are only subject to security and admission controls at the federal level - there is no interview or selection criteria requirements at the federal level for those holding a valid CSQ.

2- The CSQ application in the PEQ program is one time. A normal CSQ application can have stages, including an interview process.

Thank you Klockwerk for you response! much appreciated

Yes, my intention is to apply to the PEQ under the second track, as i work in a professional/managerial position and I meet all the requirements.

What I still don't fully understand is, when applying under the PEQ, is it a one time only application that covers both the CSQ and the PR or, do i need to do it in separate stages, which is first the CSQ and secondly the PR. I know that the PEQ gives you an advantage in terms of "treatment" for the CSQ, but does it also give you an advantage for the PR?

Cheers and happy Thursday

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
July 02, 2014 App. Received..: July 07, 2014
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
July 03, 2015 (sent July 04, received July 07)
VISA ISSUED...
July 08, 2015 (received pp back: July 15)
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am applying for the PR after having obtained the CSQ through the PEQ. I sent my file (from Montreal) and it was received on July 7. I didn't receive AOR until now.

Is this normal? Can someone please advise on how long it's taking people (applying to PR after PEQ) to get their AOR?

Thanks a lot.

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi

You should receive it within two months. Did you check you have eCAS? (Try it with your UCI)
My suggestion is to wait for 8-10 weeks, meanwhile contact Sydney by email or call centre by phone. Hopefully they will help you.

jad_montreal said:
Hi everyone,

I am applying for the PR after having obtained the CSQ through the PEQ. I sent my file (from Montreal) and it was received on July 7. I didn't receive AOR until now.

Is this normal? Can someone please advise on how long it's taking people (applying to PR after PEQ) to get their AOR?

Thanks a lot.

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
July 02, 2014 App. Received..: July 07, 2014
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
July 03, 2015 (sent July 04, received July 07)
VISA ISSUED...
July 08, 2015 (received pp back: July 15)
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
Hi

Yes, I did try that. but it's not working yet, so I'm assuming my file hasn't been opened yet. On monday, it would've been already 8 weeks since they received my file, so I'm thinking to send them an email early next week.

Thanks!

aaronca

May 14, 2014
hey every one i am a new user in this forum , i hope i can find some one give me some advises

i submitted my application in peq program 5 months ago ,but right now i miss one document so i will get refusal in 3 weeks for sure , but i just wondering will they return back my french test result to me ? because i only have one original sheet and also still in valid , i asked many friends they said MICC wont give you anything whatever you will be refused or cancel this application , so how can i apply next time ? i will be ready in next 3 months , if i dont have original french score sheet?i only have a scan in my laptop

really hurry because my next school will start tmr night , and also i have to pay the money ,i dont wanna waste my money again

thank you thank you every one