Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
cb3110 said:
2. Page 6 of PDF--> Section 11. --> "Une fois que vous aurez obtenu votre CSQ, à quel Bureau canadien des visas déposerez-vous votre demande de visa de résident permanent ?" --> I work and currently reside in Quebec. I am confused as to whether I should mention "Quebec/Montreal" as where I will apply for PR or whether I have to name a certain office. If so, which office should I mention if I plan to apply for PR from Montreal, Quebec?

I would really really appreciate your help, guys
Usually it would be the office which is responsible for your country of citizenship. In my case for example, as a German citizen, this would be Vienna, Austria. However, if you are holding a work permit which is valid for at least one year, you are able to apply for inland processing. If that is the case, you can request Ottawa, Ontario as your visa office. I highly recommend this since the average processing time is a lot faster than in most countries but again, this depends on your country of citizenship. In Vienna it would take my file an average time of 36 months to be finalized whereas in Ottawa it will "only" take up to 18 months. You might want to check out the average processing times for each visa office on the CIC homepage.

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
July 02, 2014 App. Received..: July 07, 2014
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
July 03, 2015 (sent July 04, received July 07)
VISA ISSUED...
July 08, 2015 (received pp back: July 15)
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
canada88 said:
Do you know anyone who received PR in 2015 under PEQ program?
A guy from another thread said that he and his two other friends received their PR in December. They had all got CSQ-PEQ and applied for PR in November/December 2013.

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
jpearson said:
I need some advice!

I sent my PEQ application through in October. At the time I had a certificate from my highschool stating that I had done a 3 year full time french immersion program, along with another certificate from the college of my French professor in Quebec stating that my level was B2.

Unfortunately both of those were not recognised by the government, so they sent me a letter back in November stating that I needed to supply a recognised French accreditation by January 5th.

I signed up to the next TCF test at College Stanislas in Quebec City on December 13, BUT they told me the results would not be sent out for 6 weeks!

So then I wrote back to the ministry asking for an extension, and did the test. The ministry wrote back on December 19th to say that my PEQ application was refused and the file is closed, and to apply for the temporary workers program!

Today I finally received the results of the test, and I've passed with a B2 for the orale expression & comprehension.

What can I do in this situation?

Can I send my results to the ministry and ask them to re-open my file?
If I get refused once from the PEQ can I re-apply again, or is that avenue closed to me now?
If I can re-apply and send a new PEQ application do I have to pay $750 again?
From what I know, if your application under PEQ is refused, they wouldn't allow you to re-apply again. The only way is -as they said- to apply through the regular points-based system. But it wouldn't hurt to email them and check anyway or send them a letter of explanation with the results. You're not going to lose anything.

If eventually you apply through the regular system, you won't have to pay another application fee.

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
cb3110 said:
Hey guys!

I am currently applying for PEQ as a Quebec Graduate.
I have all my documents necessary ready except, I'm super confused about some parts of the application form (Demande de certificat de sélection du Québec - Programme de l'expérience québécoise (PEQ) - Diplômé du Québec)

Could you please kindly help me with this? (Questions I have, below in regards to the PDF of the form:)

1. Page 10 of PDF --> In the "Contrat" section, I have no idea of what I am supposed to put in the blank with the "$ CAD".
(Am I supposed to put the total of the calculation from the section below "CALCUL DU MONTANT MINIMUM REQUIS RELATIF AUX BESOINS ESSENTIELS" or should I put the total amount that I will have in my bank for the 3 months that they are mentioning?)

2. Page 6 of PDF--> Section 11. --> "Une fois que vous aurez obtenu votre CSQ, à quel Bureau canadien des visas déposerez-vous votre demande de visa de résident permanent ?" --> I work and currently reside in Quebec. I am confused as to whether I should mention "Quebec/Montreal" as where I will apply for PR or whether I have to name a certain office. If so, which office should I mention if I plan to apply for PR from Montreal, Quebec?

I would really really appreciate your help, guys
Hello,

1. They're asking you to verify that you will have the minimum required amount of money. so yes, use the table they provided to do the calculations and put that amount in the blank space in the text. So for example, if you're single (thus, no children), you will need to have: 2 924 dollars, which is the amount you will have to put in the blank space.

2. If you reside in Montreal at the time of application, you will need to specify a Canadian office. This was my case as well so I put "Centre de traitement des demandes à Sydney". I assumed so because this is the office that processes all applications at the beginning. I got my CSQ later without any problems regarding this question. So it should be fine.

All the best.

dco123

Jan 13, 2015
Hi, I'm in the same situation... Any news for you?
I think that they are prioritizing the application for FSW from outside Canada...

MAX_87 said:
I sent papers for federal step at the end of September 2014 and still dont have AOR.... :(

mtymexmontreal

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-sep-2014
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015
Med's Request
12-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
18-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
22-Oct
VISA ISSUED...
06-Nov-2015
LANDED..........
14-Nov-2015
Hello

I also sent my application in the month of september, the 18th.

I sent them to Sydney through PEQ .. I havent got any confirmation from them and cant check the status online with the e payment number.

Did you hear back from them?

Please let me know when you do..

thanks!

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
mtymexmontreal said:
Hello

I also sent my application in the month of september, the 18th.

I sent them to Sydney through PEQ .. I havent got any confirmation from them and cant check the status online with the e payment number.

Did you hear back from them?

Please let me know when you do..

thanks!
It's not uncommon to hear about cases where it takes 3-4 months to get Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). I remember they say that you can contact them 10 weeks after you have sent your application if you did not receive any update. So I think at this stage all you can do is send an email and wait.

jpearson

Jan 10, 2015
jad_montreal said:
From what I know, if your application under PEQ is refused, they wouldn't allow you to re-apply again. The only way is -as they said- to apply through the regular points-based system. But it wouldn't hurt to email them and check anyway or send them a letter of explanation with the results. You're not going to lose anything.

If eventually you apply through the regular system, you won't have to pay another application fee.

Thanks for the information Jad. Unfortunately my situation is very dire right now. My work permit expires on October 26 and it cannot be renewed again since I've been working here since 2010. It really sucks that my PEQ has been denied because my TCF results arrived 3 days late. :(

If I go through the normal workers program for the CSQ it looks like the language points require you to have both oral and written marks, but I only did the oral exam for the PEQ, so I would have to do another test which would take at least a month until I have the results, making it even more unlikely that I will be able to apply for and get a CSQ in time.

I really don't know what to do. I feel sick with worry!

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
jpearson said:
Thanks for the information Jad. Unfortunately my situation is very dire right now. My work permit expires on October 26 and it cannot be renewed again since I've been working here since 2010. It really sucks that my PEQ has been denied because my TCF results arrived 3 days late. :(

If I go through the normal workers program for the CSQ it looks like the language points require you to have both oral and written marks, but I only did the oral exam for the PEQ, so I would have to do another test which would take at least a month until I have the results, making it even more unlikely that I will be able to apply for and get a CSQ in time.

I really don't know what to do. I feel sick with worry!
You can try mailing them a letter of explanation along with the results to see if they reconsider you for PEQ, although to be honest, I'm not sure how likely it is given that they had sent you a letter telling you that your application under PEQ was refused. But you're not losing anything. If I were you, I would do that and at the same register for the remaining test that you need to apply for the regular CSQ program.

Also, why can't you renew your work permit? Don't you have a job offer?

jpearson

Jan 10, 2015
jad_montreal said:
You can try mailing them a letter of explanation along with the results to see if they reconsider you for PEQ, although to be honest, I'm not sure how likely it is given that they had sent you a letter telling you that your application under PEQ was refused. But you're not losing anything. If I were you, I would do that and at the same register for the remaining test that you need to apply for the regular CSQ program.

Also, why can't you renew your work permit? Don't you have a job offer?
I'm still working for the same company I came to Canada for back in 2010, but in 2011 the federal government introduced a 4 year maximum for renewing work permits, and the only way to extend that limit is if you have a provincial nomination (like the CSQ), or have started the permanent residency process.

I called the ministry this morning and they refused to reopen my file. Feel so stupid for putting all my eggs in the PEQ basket.

The oral exams are worth the most points in the skilled worker CSQ program, but unlike the PEQ, the application forms for that program seem to say that unless you have done both the oral and written tests in the TCF they won't consider any of the marks... so damn confusing!

After reading a bit more, I realised I did the TCFQ, not the TCF, which is considered valid even if you have only done the orale comprehension and expression exams. Phew!

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
jpearson said:
I'm still working for the same company I came to Canada for back in 2010, but in 2011 the federal government introduced a 4 year maximum for renewing work permits, and the only way to extend that limit is if you have a provincial nomination (like the CSQ), or have started the permanent residency process.

I called the ministry this morning and they refused to reopen my file. Feel so stupid for putting all my eggs in the PEQ basket.

The oral exams are worth the most points in the skilled worker CSQ program, but unlike the PEQ, the application forms for that program seem to say that unless you have done both the oral and written tests in the TCF they won't consider any of the marks... so damn confusing!

After reading a bit more, I realized I did the TCFQ, not the TCF, which is considered valid even if you have only done the oral comprehension and expression exams. Phew!
That's a good relief. So if you provide a proof that you applied for CSQ, it's enough to be able to renew your work permit?

Tuki

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Hello,
I am new in this forum. After reading most of the posts, I found its really helpful to get the information.

Me and my husband both have completed our study (four years five month) in Quebec as an international student and have just received our CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate) under PEQ programme. Now we are planning to apply for Permanent Resident Visa to CIC. But my husband has got a contract job (postdoctoral fellowship short term, 10 month) at University of Newbrunswick and we have to move there.

My query is if I apply for PR under Quebec skilled worker, it will make any problem or not as my address (residential) will correspond to Fredericton. Though I have relative in Montreal and I can use their address as a mailing address. Also I will process the application from Fredericton (using Newbrunwick postcanada). Will this make any problem for the PR application?

Just for the information, I was the principal applicant for CSQ application and my husband was spouse. Also now my husband has the job but I don’t have yet.
It would be really appreciated if I get some suggestions.
Thanks !!!

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
Tuki said:
Hello,
I am new in this forum. After reading most of the posts, I found its really helpful to get the information.

Me and my husband both have completed our study (four years five month) in Quebec as an international student and have just received our CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate) under PEQ programme. Now we are planning to apply for Permanent Resident Visa to CIC. But my husband has got a contract job (postdoctoral fellowship short term, 10 month) at University of New Brunswick and we have to move there.

My query is if I apply for PR under Quebec skilled worker, it will make any problem or not as my address (residential) will correspond to Fredericton. Though I have relative in Montreal and I can use their address as a mailing address. Also I will process the application from Fredericton (using New Brunwick Post Canada). Will this make any problem for the PR application?

Just for the information, I was the principal applicant for CSQ application and my husband was spouse. Also now my husband has the job but I don't have yet.
It would be really appreciated if I get some suggestions.
Thanks !!!
Hello Turki,

Yes, it might lead to a problem. Because when you fill the forms for PR under CSQ, you sign a form that you intend to reside in Quebec. If they see that you're applying from another province, they might think you already moved there with no intention to come back. Also, they will ask you for all the addresses you have lived at since you were 18. So they will see that your current address is outside Quebec. So it might be tricky. Even if you put a Quebec address for mailing address, if you don't specify that your current address is in New Brunswick, and they discover it later, it might cause your trouble (because you would be concealing information from them).

The processing of the PR will take anyway at least more than 10 months. So if you intend to come back to Quebec afterwards, then it should be fine. The only issue is how you want to prove that in your application.