+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hello,

1- Extend your stay:

To the best of my knowledge, the post graduation work permit (PGWP) is issued up to maximum three years after graduation, otherwise your passport is expired earlier. please see the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp

Check your passport expiry date, maybe they issue you only a one-year PGWP because your passport is getting expired. If this is the case, renew your passport, then you will be able to extend your PGWP.

2- Change of Status

If your want to change your status from worker to student in Quebec, you cannot apply for CSQ-PEQ anymore, since you need to apply for CAQ. CSQ-PEQ is issued based on your intention to finish school in Quebec and join labor market, otherwise you postpone CSQ-PEQ application to the end of your new study program. For "visitor visa", I think it should be ok. you can simply apply for PEQ.

3- Apply to CSQ-PEQ from outside Quebec

No matters where you are now, you can apply for PEQ from wherever you are, as long as you meet the PEQ criteria (1- B2 score in French 2- Degree from a Quebec university in last three years, 3-stayed in Quebec for at least half of your program etc). You just need to have the intention to reside in Canada (and specifically Quebec, because of CSQ) once you become PR. But at this stage, it doesn't matter where are you now.

Hope every thing works for you
Good luck

abhicanada said:
Hi everyone,

I want to get some of your expert opinion.

I will explain my situation. I graduated from HEC Montreal business school with an MBA in 2013 before that I had done my Master's in engineering and worked in the US for 2 years.
Since last year September I was issued a post graduation work permit after graduation for 1 year but I could not find a job. Now, my work permit is about to expire on 4 November, 2014. I started learning french about 6 months ago and I gave the TCFQ exam in which I scored level B1. I need level B2 to apply for the CSQ under the PEQ program in Quebec.

I want to get advice from you as to how can I now extend my stay in Canada legally so that I can apply under the PEQ program after giving the test again and attaining level B2 in french and if changing my status will cause a problem in applying for the CSQ under the PEQ category (for example going to another status such as a student visa or temporary visit visa). Finally I would like to know if I have to return to my country India or going to the US (I have a visitor visa for the US), can I apply for the CSQ under PEQ category from there.

Please reply with urgency as I have a very short time window now to stay in this country. In advance I would like to thank you and I am really waiting for your expert advice.

hstubc

Aug 10, 2011
Finally I got my CSQ and I submitted my application for the federal stage two days ago.

Let's see how long it will take. I'm hoping that it wont take more than 9 months (since I had very few documents to submit, perhaps the fewest possible!) :)

ps2qft

Aug 4, 2014
My time line thus far, for anyone interested.

App received in Sydney: 2014-05-14
AoR: 2014-07-16
Med request: 2014-09-12
Meds completed: 2014-09-18
Meds received: 2014-10-14

saaz87

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Montreal - Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014 App. Received: 15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-05-2015
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
Med's Request
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Interview........
-- WAIVED -- Decision Made: 18-06-2015
Passport Req..
26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2015 PR Card.........: 07-10-2015
I am so tired of Quebec and it's non standard policies.

Around May an acquantaince of mine applied of PEQ with exactly the same French level that I applied in September and while his application got approved, mine got refused.
I did secondary French with level 5 (LAN-5071-4) and so did he and while his application passed without any issues I just got a refusal letter. I mean they didn't even give me time to resend another level or anything. The only difference is that my acquaintance is white while I am of Indian heritage. The worst part is I can't even contest anywhere.

I have another colleague which had this issue a month back when he applied with same french level but rather than refusing his application they simply asked him to submit the level 6 document so I was kind of prepared for them asking for level 6 document but in my case they didn't even do that they simply refused the application.

I am sick of paying taxes to this stupid government. The only reason I am staying is because I have a job and life here now but honestly one more try and if it doesn't work I am going back. This is so highly frustrating :(

oil_country

Mar 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

When someone lands in Quebec for first time under QSW program, do they have to give a Quebec address for the PR card to be mailed at? Or can it be to any address (another province) in Canada? Any insight into this?

Thank you

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi

As I checked, this course is NOT within the courses approved by MIDI (previously known as MICC) as the equivalent of advanced intermediate niveau. I think even if you re-apply, the answer won't be positive. Please check the link below:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/language-requirements.html

I know that rejection is always frustrating, but my suggestion is to look at the positive side. You have a job here while many CSQ holders need to spend a while to place themselves at their interested position, therefore you are way forward to get adapted. Also, if you really believe that the course you passed gives you an advanced intermediate French knowledge, there should be no worries. You just need to document it through an exam. TEFAQ and TCFQ are really good ones. Me and my friends have passed them easily. Remeber also if you apply for CSQ-PEQ and hold a job, you PR application is processed very fast. So don't miss this opportunity.

And, there is no way one is rejected in CSQ-PEQ because of heritage and ethnicity. There is laws and and regulations for CSQ issuance. Canada and all its provinces (such as Quebec) is where all immigrants (black, white etc) live in peace and respect with saying no to racism.

Best luck

saaz87 said:
I am so tired of Quebec and it's non standard policies.

Around May an acquantaince of mine applied of PEQ with exactly the same French level that I applied in September and while his application got approved, mine got refused.
I did secondary French with level 5 (LAN-5071-4) and so did he and while his application passed without any issues I just got a refusal letter. I mean they didn't even give me time to resend another level or anything. The only difference is that my acquaintance is white while I am of Indian heritage. The worst part is I can't even contest anywhere.

I have another colleague which had this issue a month back when he applied with same french level but rather than refusing his application they simply asked him to submit the level 6 document so I was kind of prepared for them asking for level 6 document but in my case they didn't even do that they simply refused the application.

I am sick of paying taxes to this stupid government. The only reason I am staying is because I have a job and life here now but honestly one more try and if it doesn't work I am going back. This is so highly frustrating :(

happy4

Feb 20, 2014
hi every one, I applied under peq, now i am fedurel stage, the medical exam was done 4 august 2014, but until now, almost three months, I did not receive any reply, any one knows about it , is it normal? thanks in advance!

happy4

Feb 20, 2014
hi every one, I applied PR under peq, now i am federal stage, the medical exam was done 4 August 2014, but until now, almost three months, I did not receive any reply, any one knows about it , is it normal? thanks in advance!

happy4

Feb 20, 2014
ps2qft said:
My time line thus far, for anyone interested.

App received in Sydney: 2014-05-14
AoR: 2014-07-16
Med request: 2014-09-12
Meds completed: 2014-09-18
Meds received: 2014-10-14

hi, Dear p52qft,

Nice to meet you!

My tiemline is almost with yours, August 6 fore Medical exam, and I had done it Austust 11, and the docotor sent the result to the immigration August 17, but until now, I did not receive any reply to them, is it normal, do you think? thank you!

berengena

Aug 26, 2014
berengena said:
Thanks. I will do exactly that
Hi everyone

For submitting the CSQ application under the PEQ, which is the first step towards the PR, do I need to provide the police records of the last 10 years? or those docuemnts are to be provided on the second step (federal application)?

Cheers everybody

hstubc

Aug 10, 2011
nutrition1030515 said:
Hi guys, I did my medical exam about 2 months ago. The status on CIC website still only shows "Application Received". Should I worry if my med exam result has been received by them? Is there supposed to be an update in status for med exam?

Thank you all!!
It is required for the second step (federal). So, you can continue with the first step for now.

From what you just said, it seems that you have not carefully read the required documents which I strongly suggest you to do.

saaz87

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Montreal - Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014 App. Received: 15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-05-2015
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
Med's Request
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-04-2015
Interview........
-- WAIVED -- Decision Made: 18-06-2015
Passport Req..
26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2015 PR Card.........: 07-10-2015
Thanks for the encouragement, I was in a bad mood and yes, frustrated.

However, I did level 5 and now level 6 and yes it's mentioned there:
http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/gpi-npi/composantes_3/gpi_3_4_annexe_1.pdf
It's under secondary level.

I sent my application again with level 6 and I really hope they should accept my application this time. *Fingers crossed*.

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
saaz87 said:
Thanks for the encouragement, I was in a bad mood and yes, frustrated.

However, I did level 5 and now level 6 and yes it's mentioned there:

It's under secondary level.

I sent my application again with level 6 and I really hope they should accept my application this time. *Fingers crossed*.
Before the new rules that came into affect in August 2013, level 5 was accepted. i.e. when the language requirement was still B1 instead of B2.

But then again, the problem then was that there wasn't a definitive list to determine which courses at a Quebec university, college, CEGEP was equivalent to the B1. It was quite arbitrary. Even within institutions, the instructors couldn't say with confidence which courses was at that level, unless your french teacher came from France, they won't have a benchmark to say which course is equivalent to that level. As a rule of thumb, if by the end of the course, you understand the subjonctif and have done done the 3 cases of 'si', can tell the difference between que and qui. Then that should be B1. God knows how did the MICC approve those applications.......

I guess the MICC was having too many problems with the course-based language certifications that they then decided to come out with a definitive list as you have showed here. The bizarre thing is that, if I complete a B2 course now at Alliance Francaise in Quebec, does it mean that I do not qualify?

juventernity

Jun 16, 2014
Hello all,
My status on Ecas hasn't change for a while, I am looking someone who has similar process...
Here is my timeline:
Federal stage:

Visa Office.............: CPP-Ottawa
App. Delivered........: 2013.12.03 Federal, Sydney
App. Filed...............: 2014.01.30
Medical Exam Request: 2014.01.30
Medical Exam Done...: 2014.02.12
Medical Exam Received: 2014.02.26
In Process: 2014.07.24

One more question: will Ecas show the status of my spouse? because I only find my name on the application.

Thanks!

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi

Many other applicants have almost the same timeline as yours and are waiting for an update. Please join us to the following forum

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/federal-timelines-share-for-qsw-sydney-applicants-file-cppottawa-t118587.0.html

juventernity said:
Hello all,
My status on Ecas hasn't change for a while, I am looking someone who has similar process...
Here is my timeline:
Federal stage:

Visa Office.............: CPP-Ottawa
App. Delivered........: 2013.12.03 Federal, Sydney
App. Filed...............: 2014.01.30
Medical Exam Request: 2014.01.30
Medical Exam Done...: 2014.02.12
Medical Exam Received: 2014.02.26
In Process: 2014.07.24

One more question: will Ecas show the status of my spouse? because I only find my name on the application.

Thanks!