Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
PRJuly2013 said:
Dior,

I've recently sent an e-mail to CPP-Ottawa asking them the same thing (i.e. confirmation that they had received my payment of the RPRF), and luckily they replied within just over 24h! (They are actually quite efficient in replying to e-mails - I've been in touch with them before and usually got a response within the same time frame.)

Here are the requirements:

- In the subject line, quote your application number and subject of the e-mail (i.e., "EP000****** - Right of Permanent Residence Fee")
- In the main body of the text, start off by listing the six following pieces of information about your application:

1. Surname
2. Given name(s)
3. Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
4. Unique Client Identifier (UCI)
5. Application number
6. Type of application (i.e. Québec Skilled Worker)

Incidentally, I'm glad to hear your application is now "in process". I have almost the exact same timeline:

1. Application received at CIO on 24 July 2013.
2. AOR received on 19 September 2013.
3. Medicals requested on 24 September 2013.
4. ECAS updated with "medicals received" on 22 October.

I still don't have "in process", but I've heard several people on this forum say that ECAS lags behind for many people (in some cases apparently people got PPR while their ECAS still said "application received"!), so I'm hoping that they are getting to my file soon too.
Thanks for sharing

When did you recevice RPRF request and did they send email to confirm that your file has reached ottawa ?

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PRJuly2013 said:
Dior,

I've recently sent an e-mail to CPP-Ottawa asking them the same thing (i.e. confirmation that they had received my payment of the RPRF), and luckily they replied within just over 24h! (They are actually quite efficient in replying to e-mails - I've been in touch with them before and usually got a response within the same time frame.)

Here are the requirements:

- In the subject line, quote your application number and subject of the e-mail (i.e., "EP000****** - Right of Permanent Residence Fee")
- In the main body of the text, start off by listing the six following pieces of information about your application:

1. Surname
2. Given name(s)
3. Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
4. Unique Client Identifier (UCI)
5. Application number
6. Type of application (i.e. Québec Skilled Worker)

Incidentally, I'm glad to hear your application is now "in process". I have almost the exact same timeline:

1. Application received at CIO on 24 July 2013.
2. AOR received on 19 September 2013.
3. Medicals requested on 24 September 2013.
4. ECAS updated with "medicals received" on 22 October.

I still don't have "in process", but I've heard several people on this forum say that ECAS lags behind for many people (in some cases apparently people got PPR while their ECAS still said "application received"!), so I'm hoping that they are getting to my file soon too.
Thanks so much! Appreciate it. I never got an email saying my file was transferred to Ottawa, but I assume that they all are.

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qsw said:
Hi friends ,
Which column should we tick in the following column;( yes or No) if some one have nursing Diploma from india
Diploma or training recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body (with the exception of a diploma in medicine) YES NO
Exactly what it says, if your nursing degree has been evaluated as equivalent to the Quebec regulatory body of nurses, you say yes.

PRJuly2013

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
They never confirm that your file has reached Ottawa. If you read your AOR e-mail carefully, however, you will see that it says something along the lines of "your application has been deemed complete and will now be forwarded to a visa office for further processing".

As for RPRF, I never got a request. I heard that we had the option of paying up ahead of time as to speed things up later on, so I e-mailed CPP-Ottawa to ask how that could be done. They sent me the link where I could make the payment and told me to forward the official receipt (it's a PDF file) to CPPO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
PRJuly2013 said:
They never confirm that your file has reached Ottawa. If you read your AOR e-mail carefully, however, you will see that it says something along the lines of "your application has been deemed complete and will now be forwarded to a visa office for further processing".

As for RPRF, I never got a request. I heard that we had the option of paying up ahead of time as to speed things up later on, so I e-mailed CPP-Ottawa to ask how that could be done. They sent me the link where I could make the payment and told me to forward the official receipt (it's a PDF file) to CPPO-Cost-Recovery @ cic.gc.ca.
Yes in some cases they send email confirming that your file is in ottawa and ask for RPRF (not my case)

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah I did not get a RPRF request. I just sent my receipt in when they asked for additional documents from sydney. Hopefully I will get PPR sometime in feb

kunsom

Aug 13, 2013
Hey Friends!

Good to see some movement in applications, I too have a similar timeline as dior12 & PRJuly2013.

Though I paid the RPRF upfront and sent the receipt along with my application, waiting for it to go in "In Process"

My timeline:
App Received at CIO: Aug 19, 2013
AOR + Med. Request: Oct 02, 2013
ECAS Med. Received: Oct 30, 2013

Waiting since then for it to move further... All the best to everyone, hope the New year speeds up the processing !

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those in montreal & don't have a car. I found this link for taking a bus to the lacolle border when you get your COPR.

http://www.mcgill.ca/internationalstudents/sites/mcgill.ca.internationalstudents/files/bus_service_to_the_us_border.pdf

qsw

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
19may2011
dior12 said:
Exactly what it says, if your nursing degree has been evaluated as equivalent to the Quebec regulatory body of nurses, you say yes.
no friend didn"t get my degree eavaluated from Quebec regulatory body?

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, I received an email back from CPP-Ottawa regarding my file and RPRF payment. Apparently my file is going to be processed at sydney, and not CPP-Ottawa.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
dior12 said:
So, I received an email back from CPP-Ottawa regarding my file and RPRF payment. Apparently my file is going to be processed at sydney, and not CPP-Ottawa.
It will eventually go to ottawa for final review and ppr

PRJuly2013

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
I never knew CIO-Sydney did any of the processing - I thought they just received applications, checked all the information and then sent them along to CPP-Ottawa for actual processing. If Sydney actually does some of the processing for certain applicants, does anyone have any idea which facility (Sydney or Ottawa) is currently posting faster processing times? Or should they be about the same?

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, it's possible that the transfer to CPP-O has been slower because of the holidays.

I did read somewhere that some applications are processed by CIO-Sydney rarely. The email told me that I should direct all future correspondance to sydney since my file is there. It's still pretty early since my application only went in process around 20 days ago.

eurmione

Jun 12, 2013
manitoba
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
end of Feb 2013 for CSQ and April 9, 2013 for Federal
Nomination.....
CSQ received on March 13, 2013
AOR Received.
June 5, 2013
IELTS Request
wave
Med's Request
june 12, 2013
Med's Done....
june 14, 2013. Med received on ECAS: August 19, 2013
Interview........
RPRF on Sept 3, 2013. ECAS status change to in process on Sept 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov 18, 2013, Decision Made Nov 19, 2013 sent PP same day
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 17, 2013 (same day of PP return)
dior12 said:
For those in montreal & don't have a car. I found this link for taking a bus to the lacolle border when you get your COPR.

http://www.mcgill.ca/internationalstudents/sites/mcgill.ca.internationalstudents/files/bus_service_to_the_us_border.pdf
This is a very good information. Thank you very much. However, if you have a driver license, I would recommend to rent a car (9$/day - weekend deal). It takes only 45 min to the border. It is much time efficient.