+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

ahmakki

Jan 10, 2013
when you sent you application did you include personal history and addresses till the month you sent it ? (which is July) even if you wasn't doing anything you should specify all you activities and addresses . i had a similar issue, i didn't mention what i did for the duration of 1 month (i wasn't doing anything , no study , no work ,....). i sent them back the form updated by fax and i sent an email later to make sure they received .

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
dior12 said:
do you think if i put unemployment it will look badly?
You are selected by quebec, so they don't care what you are doing, sitting home or working is the same, federal stage for skilled workers is for security and criminality check

ahmakki

Jan 10, 2013
like imm_leb_01 said , it doesn't matter if you are not working . just don't leave any period with no activity for the last 10 years until today's date.

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok thanks.

Is there a big difference in time of processing between sydney and cpp-ottawa?

golbarg

Jul 4, 2013
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know I'm back from vacation and ecas now says:

You entered Canada at the P.E. Trudeau International Airport office on December 3, 2013 and became a Permanent Resident.

:p

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
GIG CONG!!!!!!!! Golbarg! ;) :) :) :) :D

golbarg said:
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know I'm back from vacation and ecas now says:

You entered Canada at the P.E. Trudeau International Airport office on December 3, 2013 and became a Permanent Resident.

harvie

Sep 27, 2012
BRAMPTON
LANDED..........
on 1 Nov 2013
golbarg said:

congrats buddy ;)

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Hi Qolbarg, could you share some of the landing experience here? anything should be paid attention to? ;)

golbarg said:

golbarg

Jul 4, 2013
Well you go through customs as usual (where you show your passport) and show them the Confirmation form. Instead of going to the Immigration office behind them (for those who know that airport), you have to pick your luggage downstairs and show the customs paper as usual, they'll redirect you (because they see the huge I for immigration the customs agent wrote on there) to the place where you usually get your luggage searched (never happened to me but I know it's there). They'll ask for all your docs, I only gave passport, confirmation forms and the customs card. You drop your luggage by everyone elses' and go sit at the back while the queue gets processed; this is where stress is at its maximum even though all should be fine. They call your name and ask you a couple of questions, then make you date and sign the forms in front of them.

Then you go back and sit while they process stuff and will be called back after 5-10 mins.

When you get back there, they'll tell you you are now a PR, congrats. You get a nice "Welcome to Canada" book and have to fill an import form for the belongings that you bring, even if you already live here. They explain how long it'll take to get the PR card, getting a SIN, etc. if needed. Then they'll redirect you to the MICC office right behind the waiting room, where you'll get a "Learning Québec" book and information for RAMQ, etc.

Once you're done, well you get to take your luggage back from the pile and get out, as simple as that.

The best moments are when they tell you you are officially a PR and the first step you take on Canadian/QC grounds as a PR (the line through the doors).

Hope that helps ;)

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Hi Golbarg, very informative, thanks for sharing with us your experience.

Did them ask you any question such as funds declaration, funds imported into Canada from your original country?

golbarg said:
Well you go through customs as usual (where you show your passport) and show them the Confirmation form. Instead of going to the Immigration office behind them (for those who know that airport), you have to pick your luggage downstairs and show the customs paper as usual, they'll redirect you (because they see the huge I for immigration the customs agent wrote on there) to the place where you usually get your luggage searched (never happened to me but I know it's there). They'll ask for all your docs, I only gave passport, confirmation forms and the customs card. You drop your luggage by everyone elses' and go sit at the back while the queue gets processed; this is where stress is at its maximum even though all should be fine. They call your name and ask you a couple of questions, then make you date and sign the forms in front of them.

Then you go back and sit while they process stuff and will be called back after 5-10 mins.

When you get back there, they'll tell you you are now a PR, congrats. You get a nice "Welcome to Canada" book and have to fill an import form for the belongings that you bring, even if you already live here. They explain how long it'll take to get the PR card, getting a SIN, etc. if needed. Then they'll redirect you to the MICC office right behind the waiting room, where you'll get a "Learning Québec" book and information for RAMQ, etc.

Once you're done, well you get to take your luggage back from the pile and get out, as simple as that.

The best moments are when they tell you you are officially a PR and the first step you take on Canadian/QC grounds as a PR (the line through the doors).

Hope that helps ;)

golbarg

Jul 4, 2013
Yes, they ask for how much you have available with you. I had a Canadian bank statement with me just in case, but it didn't seem important to have it (I still suggest you have one).

They also ask if you've ever been charged for crimes or expelled from Canada.

pxd5111

Nov 5, 2013
Hey guys I got my passport back with COPR last Friday:) The Federal part of processing took me a total of 11 months and 4 days from application received to passport received. Here is my full timeline:

Quebec CSQ (PEQ Graduate):
Bachelor program graduation: 2012.06.06
TEFaq exam date: 2012.10.04
TEFaq exam result: 2012.10.21
Application for CSQ sent: 2012.10.28
CSQ received: 2012.11.12

Federal:
Visa Office.............: CPP Ottawa (Sydney to Ottawa)
App. Delivered........: 2013.01. 09 Federal, Sydney
Medical Exam Request: 2013.02.18
Medical Exam Done: 2013.03.05
In Process ..........: 2013.06.04
RPRF Request...........: 2013.08.03 (I didn't get their RPRF email they sent out on 2013.06.15. I only found out this when I asked them about my file on 2013.08.03. So I wasted two months here)
RPRF Sent ...........: 2013.08.05
Passport request .......:2013.11.04
Decision Made 2013.11.11
Passport sent .......:2013.11.29
Passport received with COPR .......:2013.12.13

Hope this helps and all the best to all who are still waiting for the final decision. It will come sooner or later :)

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Big cong! pxd5111

pxd5111 said:
Hey guys I got my passport back with COPR last Friday:) The Federal part of processing took me a total of 11 months and 4 days from application received to passport received. Here is my full timeline:

Quebec CSQ (PEQ Graduate):
Bachelor program graduation: 2012.06.06
TEFaq exam date: 2012.10.04
TEFaq exam result: 2012.10.21
Application for CSQ sent: 2012.10.28
CSQ received: 2012.11.12

Federal:
Visa Office.............: CPP Ottawa (Sydney to Ottawa)
App. Delivered........: 2013.01. 09 Federal, Sydney
Medical Exam Request: 2013.02.18
Medical Exam Done: 2013.03.05
In Process ..........: 2013.06.04
RPRF Request...........: 2013.08.03 (I didn't get their RPRF email they sent out on 2013.06.15. I only found out this when I asked them about my file on 2013.08.03. So I wasted two months here)
RPRF Sent ...........: 2013.08.05
Passport request .......:2013.11.04
Decision Made 2013.11.11
Passport sent .......:2013.11.29
Passport received with COPR .......:2013.12.13

Hope this helps and all the best to all who are still waiting for the final decision. It will come sooner or later :)