Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Hi Stillhope, Quebec2011,

First of all congratulations for receiving CSQ, I could imagine how much happy you could be. I also want to apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker. I have evaluated it online and I qualified without having any French knowledge. I would be grateful if you guys can help to calculate my points and any advise to secure the CSQ.

Masters in Computer Sciences (2005) (2.5 years)
Bachelor (2 years)
Experience in Computer Sciences (2004 - 2009)
PhD (2009 - 2011 continued)
Native english speaker
French - very basic
Spouse :-
Age 26
Bachelors in Computer Sciences (Honors 4 years)
Experience in the same field 3 years

Your kind help would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

priya7

Aug 17, 2011
yogie said:
Hi Yogie

I was just preapring for all the documents that are to be submitted for the Immigration . For the documents to be submitted related to work experience , I have around 5 Experience Certificates from different companies [ All recognised global MNcs like IBM , HP etc] . However since these Experience letters are from India and usually they dont mention job responsibilties on the Experience certificate ... I have all other details on the Experience Certificates [ like tenure , designation ] except Job responsibilties . Even if i approach all the 5 comapnies now with which i worked during last 5 years .. It will be really difficult and time consuming to get the Certificate back with job responsibilties added . I am trying to get it done but i am very sure it might not be possible to get positive reply from all of them.
What can i do in this situation ?

Also , does Quebec immigration recognise class tenth marksheet or passport instead of Birth Certificate ?

Thanks
Priya

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priya7 said:
Hi Yogie

I was just preapring for all the documents that are to be submitted for the Immigration . For the documents to be submitted related to work experience , I have around 5 Experience Certificates from different companies [ All recognised global MNcs like IBM , HP etc] . However since these Experience letters are from India and usually they dont mention job responsibilties on the Experience certificate ... I have all other details on the Experience Certificates [ like tenure , designation ] except Job responsibilties . Even if i approach all the 5 comapnies now with which i worked during last 5 years .. It will be really difficult and time consuming to get the Certificate back with job responsibilties added . I am trying to get it done but i am very sure it might not be possible to get positive reply from all of them.
What can i do in this situation ? - I know that most of the job offer letters issued in INDIA to the candidates who got selected in xyz companies are lack of having job duties indicated in it,so here I would suggest you that try to get job offer letter having job duties mention in it from atleast 1 or 2 most recent employers if you can... and if it is not possible then draft a detailed cover letter that why you are unable to provide them(BIQ) the job offer letter having job duties mentioned in it. Give them solid reason such that it is against the company policy to issue such type of letter which includes job duties, they(your Employer) can only issue the standard type of experience letter to their all employee and the employer told you that if anyone(i.e. BIQ) need to verify/inquire about his/her job duties or any matter related to it then the employer is ready to reply them about his/her employee's job related any matters,Provide your detailed job duties in an additional sheet and back up it with your standard job offer letter,if possible you can also get letter having job duties from your immediate supervisor/reporting officer if it is not possible to get it from your HR dept.

Also , does Quebec immigration recognise class tenth marksheet or passport instead of Birth Certificate ? - Well I am not sure abt. it but they will not accept it as a proof of Birth document however if you are unable to provide that certificate then you need to provide them solid reason for it and make a notarized affidavit for birth and back up it with other documents such as School Leaving certificate which includes the birth date,10th mark sheet if it includes birth date,Voter's card etc.(However the easiest thing is that if you lost(if the case...) your birth certificate then you can get new one (or 2,3...) from your concerned municipality by spending some nominal fees !!!)

Thanks
Priya

Yogie

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
fReSco said:

First of all congratulations for receiving CSQ thanks dear for your good wishes, I could imagine how much happy you could be. I also want to apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker. I have evaluated it online and I qualified without having any French knowledge. I would be grateful if you guys can help to calculate my points and any advise to secure the CSQ.

Masters in Computer Sciences (2005) (2.5 years) 12 + 6
Bachelor (2 years)
Experience in Computer Sciences (2004 - 2009) 6
Native english speaker 6
French - very basic
Age 26 3
Bachelors in Computer Sciences (Honors 4 years) 3+2
Experience in the same field 3 years no need

at the movement your points are 55 and including 1 points for your financial self sufficiency and u need 57 for interview . you are still eligible to send your application at the movement but i give u one suggestion that, first u clear your delf a1 ( which take 2-3 months maximum to clear ) at the mean time u can arrange all the documents then u can send your application. I am saying so because when u send your delf a1 result with your application that make good impact and you score become 57 so no any reason they can reject your application if u dont then their are the chance that they can reject your application.

so if u need any more advise then we all are here to help u.

good luck and thanks again for your wishes

Your kind help would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Hi Stillhope,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Could you please suggest me any self study course kit or book to learn it by myself? I already know a little Italian and I know there are many common words in both language. Though pronunciation is a little different.

Would they also count my experience in PhD? It is kind of research assistant-ship + student and requires 60 hours work a week. It is also regarding to Geo online services, I don't know if that is in their priority list.

One thing I got confused about.. wouldn't there be any points for area of training? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you again for your kind assistance.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
STILLHOPE said:

First of all congratulations for receiving CSQ thanks dear for your good wishes, I could imagine how much happy you could be. I also want to apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker. I have evaluated it online and I qualified without having any French knowledge. I would be grateful if you guys can help to calculate my points and any advise to secure the CSQ.

Masters in Computer Sciences (2005) (2.5 years) 12 + 6
Bachelor (2 years)
Experience in Computer Sciences (2004 - 2009) 6 " more than 4 years of experience so 8 point not 6 point :)"
Native english speaker 6
French - very basic
Age 26 3
Bachelors in Computer Sciences (Honors 4 years) 3+2
Experience in the same field 3 years no need

at the movement your points are 55 and including 1 points for your financial self sufficiency and u need 57 for interview . you are still eligible to send your application at the movement but i give u one suggestion that, first u clear your delf a1 ( which take 2-3 months maximum to clear ) at the mean time u can arrange all the documents then u can send your application. I am saying so because when u send your delf a1 result with your application that make good impact and you score become 57 so no any reason they can reject your application if u dont then their are the chance that they can reject your application.

so if u need any more advise then we all are here to help u.

good luck and thanks again for your wishes

Now he can reach to 57 points doesn't he?

Your kind help would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
:D MY DEAR BROTHER QUEBEC2011

I INTENTIONALLY GIVE HIM 6 POINTS, MAY BE U WANT TO KNOW THE REASON,THAT IS BECAUSE HE HAVE EXPERIENCE FROM 2004-2009 AND THEY GAVE U POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE FOR YOUR LAST 5 YEARS AND FOR LAST 2 YEARS HE WASN'T MENTIONED THAT HE IS DOING ANY JOB SO IT MEANS HE HAVE 2 YEAR LESS EXPERIENCE IN LAST 5 YEARS WHICH MEANS HE HAVE 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE THATS WHY I GAVE 6 POINTS. SO I HOPE U UNDERSTAND MY LOGIC TO GIVE THAT POINTS

.:D

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
STILLHOPE said:
:D MY DEAR BROTHER QUEBEC2011

I INTENTIONALLY GIVE HIM 6 POINTS, MAY BE U WANT TO KNOW THE REASON,THAT IS BECAUSE HE HAVE EXPERIENCE FROM 2004-2009 AND THEY GAVE U POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE FOR YOUR LAST 5 YEARS AND FOR LAST 2 YEARS HE WASN'T MENTIONED THAT HE IS DOING ANY JOB SO IT MEANS HE HAVE 2 YEAR LESS EXPERIENCE IN LAST 5 YEARS WHICH MEANS HE HAVE 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE THATS WHY I GAVE 6 POINTS. SO I HOPE U UNDERSTAND MY LOGIC TO GIVE THAT POINTS

.:D
I got it now....excellent interpretation. :D

thanks

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
fReSco said:
Hi Stillhope,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Could you please suggest me any self study course kit or book to learn it by myself? I already know a little Italian and I know there are many common words in both language. Though pronunciation is a little different.

Would they also count my experience in PhD? It is kind of research assistant-ship + student and requires 60 hours work a week. It is also regarding to Geo online services, I don't know if that is in their priority list. YES U CAN CLAIM EXTRA 2 POINTS FOR THAT SO YOUR POINTS BECOME 57 SO U CAN SEND YOUR APPLICATION ANY TIME. BUT FIRST TAKE A ADMISSION IN FRENCH COURSE AND SEND YOUR RECEIPT OF FRENCH COURSE WITH YOUR APPLICATION.

full-time or part-time work internships as part of an apprenticeship, training or specialization recognized by a diploma, both remunerated and non-remunerated

One thing I got confused about.. wouldn't there be any points for area of training? Please correct me if I am wrong YES I GIVE U 6 POINTS FOR YOUR AREA OF TRAINING (6 POINTS BECAUSE YOUR JOB IS IN DEMAND BUT NOT IN VERY HIGH DEMAND ).

Thank you again for your kind assistance.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
WELCOME BROTHER

quebec2011 said:
I got it now....excellent interpretation. :D

thanks

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Could you please suggest me any self study course kit or book for DELF to learn it by myself? Thanks

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
To learn first start from bussu.com ( it is realy help full ) and try to buy books from shop. if u got time then take a addmission in AF in your country which helps u lot and gain french.

fReSco said:
Could you please suggest me any self study course kit or book for DELF to learn it by myself? Thanks

kittu_vvk

Jul 10, 2011
Dear Stillhope/quebec2011,

My wife was completed her 10th standard in 2000 and curently pursuing BA 2 nd year through distance education(Not regular) she has started working as Admin assistant in private educational institute from last 3 years, so can I claim any points in this case?

without french I am getting 56 points, my worry is not to waste the time in submitting the application.

Request you to provide your valuable suggestions on this.

Kittu

Dominican

Sep 2, 2011
Hey Guys!

First of all I would like to thank StillHope, Quebec 2011, Yogie and everybody else who's been helping for sharing all their knowledge with us. I am a little new to the forum but spent a few days reading the whole thread!

I am from the Domican Republic (My BIQ is Mexico) my application was filed last Wednesday the 9th. I know a group of people that are in the same process and someone told me that the interviews for the CSQ are being held right here in our country... the thing is I have not been able to confirm that since I can't seem to find any information online. If any of you know where I can confirm this, please let me know.

Appearently things in our BIQ are handled a bit more quicly than in Paris or HK, because we normally receive our AORs in about 30 days and the interview queue takes about 8 months (from what I've heard) I'll update when I get the AOR and we'll see.

PD: Can anyone tell me how I update my profile to contain the info on my process like the application submission date, AOR Received... etc.....?

gigianne2011

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Visa Office......
HK /
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Still hope.. I see lot of posts from you evrytime i visit some threads for Quebec... And im so happy to see that you have your visa already. I have not read each and every post you had.. but i believe there are lot of us here who knows you. And you gave them good advices. I hope you can give me advices aswell,,
I have not lodged my papers yet, due to i need to gather some documents yet, especialy my work certificate,.. can you please score this:

Bach in Nursing: RN:
Training: i believe its 12
Age 26:
IELTS - 7 speaking 7 listening
work EXP- about 2 years up..
french ( im still planning to take this october for Delf A1)

Concerns:

1. Are they (the embassy) very strict interms of the ITR, payslip, contracts for your work experience?
2. I have the DELF certificate of enrollment and the module 1 will end this 14.. on the 19 the module 2 will start ... is it advisable for me to lodge my documents with the french results? or would it be okay if just attach my cert of enrollement from AF...
3. have you taken the DELF exam? May i know how did the exam go? is it difficult?

im looking forward for your reply.. merci!