Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

The Quebec Immigration selection system for Quebec Skilled Workers is designed to indicate which applicants are likely to become economically established upon immigration to Quebec.

Quebec Skilled Worker / Professional applicants intending to reside in Montreal or another city in the Province of Quebec are selected based upon a different set of criteria than applicants who wish to settle elsewhere in Canada.

An applicant can qualify under any occupation under the Quebec Skilled Worker category. Currently, all occupations are open and a job offer from a Canadian employer is not required to be eligible.

Applicants who are successful under the Quebec Immigration selection system are issued a Quebec Selection Certificate, followed by a Canadian Permanent Resident (Immigration) Visa.

To qualify for a Quebec Selection Certificate, Skilled Worker / Professional applicants must score enough points under the Quebec Immigration selection system below. A single applicant must score at least 49 points based on the criteria below. An applicant with a spouse or common-law/conjugal partner must score at least 57 points.

The Quebec Immigration selection factors may be summarized as follows:

Points Factors

Up to 28 points Training (Cutoff Score = 2 points)
Up to 10 points Validated Employment Offer
Up to 08 points Experience
Up to 16 points Age
Up to 22 points Language Proficiency
Up to 08 points Stay and Family in Quebec
Up to 16 points Spouse's Characteristics
Up to 08 points Children
------01 point Financial Self-Sufficiency (Cutoff Score = 1)
Up to 06 points Adaptability

Up to an additional 6 points may be awarded upon the interview for Adaptability. With these points awarded, a single applicant must score a minimum of 55 points. An applicant with a spouse or common-law/conjugal partner must score at least 63 points.

Quebec Skilled Worker / Professional applicants must then successfully complete medical and security examinations conducted by the Canadian government in order to be granted a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa.

Quebec Skilled Workers / Professionals are not assessed based upon the selection factors of the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Citizenship and Immigration Canada acknowledges the selection of applicants who meet Quebec immigration selection criteria.

Processing Times

Quebec Skilled Workers / Professionals Processing Times vary from one Canadian Immigration Visa Office to another.

Processing Fees

Quebec Skilled Workers / Professionals Processing Fees are as follows:

Fees Applicant

$390 Principal Applicant
$150 Spouse, de facto spouse
$150 Each dependant child

To know more, please visit the web page

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec Immigration - Training

The Training criterion is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec immigration selection system.

Up to 28 points are awarded under the Training criterion of Quebec immigration on the basis of the following three subcategories:

Schooling

Points Level of Education

02 points Secondary school general diploma
06 points Secondary school vocational diploma
04 points Postsecondary school general diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies
06 points Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 1 years of full-time studies
06 points Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies
10 points Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies in training listed in Section A or B of the 'Areas of Training' criterion
08 points Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies
10 points Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies in training listed in Section A or B of the 'Areas of Training' criterion
04 points Undergraduate diploma attesting to 1 or more years of full-time studies
06 points Undergraduate diploma attesting to 2 or more years of full-time studies 6
10 points Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 or more years of full-time studies 10 points
12 points Master's Degree
10 points Doctorate
12 points Maximum

Quebec Diploma

Points Quebec Diploma

6 points Quebec Diploma or equivalent
6 points Maximum

Areas of Training

Points Areas of Training

16 points Section A of the areas
12 points Section B of the areas
06 points Section C of the areas
02 points Section D of the areas
00 points Section E, F, or G of the areas
16 points Maximum

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
Visaexpert,

Does this mean that by having a Quebec diploma you'd get six extra points in addition to the Area of Training and Level of Education? This is confusing me because I don't see this second subcategory in the Guides D'Immigration, only on this website.

Thanks!

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marylatt said:
Visaexpert,

Does this mean that by having a Quebec diploma you'd get six extra points in addition to the Area of Training and Level of Education? This is confusing me because I don't see this second subcategory in the Guides D'Immigration, only on this website.

Thanks!
Schooling : Level of Education = Maximum 12 Points or Schooling :Quebec Diploma=Maximum 6 Points
Schooling(Level of Education or Quebec Diploma) = Maximum 12 Points
Areas of Training = Maximum 16 Points

Schooling(Level of Education or Quebec Diploma) + Areas of Training = Total Education Points
Schooling(Max 12 points or Max 6) + Areas of Training(Max 16 points) = Max 28 points
Schooling(Maximum 12 points) + Areas of Training(Maximum 16 points) = Maximum 28 points

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
visaexpert said:
Schooling : Level of Education = Maximum 12 Points or Schooling :Quebec Diploma=Maximum 6 Points
Schooling(Level of Education or Quebec Diploma) = Maximum 12 Points
Areas of Training = Maximum 16 Points

Schooling(Level of Education or Quebec Diploma) + Areas of Training = Total Education Points
Schooling(Max 12 points or Max 6) + Areas of Training(Max 16 points) = Max 28 points
Schooling(Maximum 12 points) + Areas of Training(Maximum 16 points) = Maximum 28 points

THANK YOU!!!

This has been driving me nuts for days...they should really clarify that on the main site. ??? :D

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec Immigration - Validated Employment Offer

The Employment criterion is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec immigration selection system.

Up to 10 points are awarded under the Validated Employment Offer criterion, according to the Quebec Immigration Program the applicant is applying under.

Validated Employment Offer

Points Criteria

06 points Validated employment offer in the metropolitan area of Montreal
10 points Validated employment offer outside the metropolitan area of Montreal
10 points Maximum

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec Immigration - Work Experience

The Work Experience criterion is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec Immigration selection system.

Up to 8 points are awarded under the Experience criterion of Quebec immigration. This criterion is absolutely essential. Unless at least 1 point is awarded under the Work Experience criterion, the application will be automatically refused.

Points Experience

0 point Less than 6 months
4 points 6 to 11 months
4 points 12 to 23 months
6 points 24 to 35 months
6 points 36 to 47 months
8 points 48 months and over
8 points Maximum

Notes:

* Work experience must have been accumulated during the five years preceding the application date.
* Work experience includes remunerated employment and internships, whether remunerated or not.
* As an exception, an international student who has received a diploma from a Quebec university or college (or will receive a diploma within 12 months of the application date) does not need to meet the six month work requirement and is automatically awarded 1 point under the Work Experience criterion.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec Immigration - Age

The Age criterion is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec immigration selection system.

Up to 16 points are awarded under the Age criterion of Quebec immigration on the following basis:

Points Age

16 points 18 to 35 years of age
14 points 36 years of age
12 points 37 years of age
10 points 38 years of age
08 points 39 years of age
08 points 40 years of age
04 points 41 years of age
02 points 42 years of age
00 points 43 years of age or older
16 points Maximum

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec Immigration - Language Proficiency

The Language Proficiency criterion for English and French is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec Immigration selection system.

Up to 22 points are awarded under the Language Proficiency criterion of Quebec immigration on the following basis:

French Language

French Proficiency Low Beginner High Beginner Low Intermediate High Intermediate Advanced

Listening 1 point 3 points 4 points 6 points 8 points
Speaking 1 point 3 points 4 points 6 points 8 points

Maximum 16 points

English Language

English Proficiency Beginner Intermediate Advanced

Listening 1 point 2 points 3 points
Speaking 1 point 2 points 3 points

Maximum 6 points

French Language Proficiency:

BEGINNER LEVELS:

LOW Beginner -

* Listening: Able to understand short statements (commonly used phrases);
* Speaking: Able to express basic needs.

HIGH Beginner -

* Listening: Able to understand practical information of everyday life;
* Speaking: Able to make yourself understood in familiar and foreseeable situations.

INTERMEDIATE LEVELS:

LOW Intermediate -

* Listening: Able to understand significant information about familiar and foreseeable situations;
* Speaking: Able to express yourself in a comprehensible manner on subjects related to everyday life.

HIGH Intermediate -

* Listening: Understand detailed information about subjects you are familiar with, or concrete and abstract subjects;
* Speaking: Can clearly express yourself on subjects related to your areas of interest.

ADVANCED LEVEL:

Advanced -

* Listening: Understand detailed information related to social and professional life;
* Speaking: Can confidently and precisely express yourself on a variety of subjects.

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....
March 23rd 2016
AOR Received.
April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
Hi, you might wanna update fees in first post since they've changed:
3w.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/divers/fees_2011.pdf

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stngr said:
Hi, you might wanna update fees in first post since they've changed:
3w.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/divers/fees_2011.pdf

Yes, Sure

Thanks for the update.....

rohit5145

Nov 29, 2010
Sir

I am working as Technical support Executive and have an experience of 1 year.
My job responsibilities matches "2282" NOC code, is this occupation in high demand?

I need to know if i am eligible to apply under this category.

Rohit
Chandigarh
India

rohit5145

Nov 29, 2010
An applicant can qualify under any occupation under the Quebec Skilled Worker category. Currently, all occupations are open and a job offer from a Canadian employer is not required to be eligible.
Sir

Is that mean User Support Technician 2282 qualifies me to apply from India?

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohit5145 said:
Sir

I am working as Technical support Executive and have an experience of 1 year.
My job responsibilities matches "2282" NOC code, is this occupation in high demand?

I need to know if i am eligible to apply under this category.

Rohit
Chandigarh
India
There is not occupation list in Quebec. If you score enough points, you are eligible to apply.

You area of study of your Degree/ Diploma is important. Some degree/diploma's score more points and some score less points.

Please take assessment from Quebec Immigration website.

rohit5145

Nov 29, 2010
Thank you so much for such a speedy reply

Sir

I have taken the assessment test and according to that i am qualified if i complete French's level i guess

Sir how much time does it take for the complete process and is there any special treatment given to any particular occupation.

My Profile is as follow:

-- Working as Technical Support Executive from last 1 year
--Master of computer application
--Bsc Computer Science
--Have to give French Exams A1 A2 B1 B2
--My spouse is MBA
-- Work exp -- less than 6 months in HR recruitment

So if i complete my french level and my wife is also planning to do the same then , i am all set to apply for Quebec.