+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

oge

Jan 4, 2013
PLEASE HELP!
I got these scores : Speaking: 7.0, Listening: 4.5, Reading: 4.5, Writing: 5.5. Overall: 5:5. Can I apply for Quebec Immigration as the principal applicant. I read Accounting (BSC) and Human Resources Management (MSC).

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
faultyjack99 said:
Congrats.
I guess your application process shall start now, Good Luck and keep posting your progress so we get more details on how its working.

May I know when have you applied??

Regards,
Well I started my application through an agent in Sept 2012 but my file got open in Mar 2013 (i.e 6 months after I initially applied). So I made a (re)new D.D. and had to pay an extra 50 CAD as the value of CAD has gone up in my local currency. :mad:

I had a word with my agent yesterday and he told me that interview dates have been announced for this year. For India its held between 29April to 24May. My DD would reach Montreal roughly in a week's time, however, I may not have a an interview in this batch. The next set of interview may start sometime in November so hopefully I may have an interview then if I am lucky. Anyway my French is not that good, so its good time for preparation.

I was also told that the CSQ interviews were not held for 2011 and 2012 batch applicants for India (Not sure about other countries). So My guess is that in this batch (i.e from 29April to 24May 2013) it will have all the backlogs and none from applicants who applied recently. On the other hand, I have also heard that Quebec processing times have been reduced which is a good news.

Have you appeared for any DELF exams?? Was it tough??? I have send my application without french language so I have to claim all 6 points at the interview. I have made learning French as my top priority for now.

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
tubelight said:
Well I started my application through an agent in Sept 2012 but my file got open in Mar 2013 (i.e 6 months after I initially applied). So I made a (re)new D.D. and had to pay an extra 50 CAD as the value of CAD has gone up in my local currency. :mad:

I had a word with my agent yesterday and he told me that interview dates have been announced for this year. For India its held between 29April to 24May. My DD would reach Montreal roughly in a week's time, however, I may not have a an interview in this batch. The next set of interview may start sometime in November so hopefully I may have an interview then if I am lucky. Anyway my French is not that good, so its good time for preparation.

I was also told that the CSQ interviews were not held for 2011 and 2012 batch applicants for India (Not sure about other countries). So My guess is that in this batch (i.e from 29April to 24May 2013) it will have all the backlogs and none from applicants who applied recently. On the other hand, I have also heard that Quebec processing times have been reduced which is a good news.

Have you appeared for any DELF exams?? Was it tough??? I have send my application without french language so I have to claim all 6 points at the interview. I have made learning French as my top priority for now.
You are from which country. We have still to recieve any update from BIQ Montreal our DD must have also experied. We are also not claming any points for French. My husband is the principal applicant so he is learing french. I will also once we recieve the file no . From where you came to know that processing time have reduced

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
[Same with us our file was also retruned for some additional documents then we have sent in again in end of SEP 2012 and it reached them in OCT 2012. We have written to them but they have refused to share any detail on mail

[/quote]

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
RITI said:
You are from which country. We have still to recieve any update from BIQ Montreal our DD must have also experied. We are also not claming any points for French. My husband is the principal applicant so he is learing french. I will also once we recieve the file no . From where you came to know that processing time have reduced
I am applying from Bangalore, India through an agent. My agent told me that the processing times have reduced, not sure where he got this information from. But if there is a huge backlog of applicants waiting to give their interviews I seriously doubt reduced processing times may not help either.

Just sharing this information as I understand that other applicants here are curious on processing times. One of the applicant through our agent was waived off CSQ interview as he apparently has a degree in aerospace. And for another applicant the federal part of Quebec immigration was finalized in 6 months as apposed to the current processing time of 10 months.

One thing is for sure that all the documents will be thoroughly checked during the initial stages itself while the federal part is just easy peasy lemon squeezy lol :D

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
Bonjour,

Can I request everyone who have either started their Quebec application or are thinking of starting one, share their experience.

I have seen many here just randomly firing questions consecutively and very few have replied. I am tempted to think that one may not know the answer or may have not reached the stage to answer such a question. But sharing experiences will help a lot of people like me to take the right action. Or could I suggest of starting couple of new threads like CSQ AOR, CSQ file no, CSQ interview...... so everyone can address a common problem in one thread rather than all issues in one thread and none being answered properly.

What do you say guys???

Merci Beaucoup!!!!

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Tubelight.

The BSc in Aero space is one of the MOST sought after degrees in Quebec as that industry is huge there, you will find that that person will be process at a great speed. i submitted my application on the 27th of March this year, BIQ mexico, with no french points, but plan to start classes next week and update my file later....so now I just pray that it passes assessment and I in get AOR in the next few months.

tubelight said:
Bonjour,

Can I request everyone who have either started their Quebec application or are thinking of starting one, share their experience.

I have seen many here just randomly firing questions consecutively and very few have replied. I am tempted to think that one may not know the answer or may have not reached the stage to answer such a question. But sharing experiences will help a lot of people like me to take the right action. Or could I suggest of starting couple of new threads like CSQ AOR, CSQ file no, CSQ interview...... so everyone can address a common problem in one thread rather than all issues in one thread and none being answered properly.

What do you say guys???

Merci Beaucoup!!!!

faultyjack99

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd March 2015
tubelight said:
I am applying from Bangalore, India through an agent. My agent told me that the processing times have reduced, not sure where he got this information from. But if there is a huge backlog of applicants waiting to give their interviews I seriously doubt reduced processing times may not help either.

Just sharing this information as I understand that other applicants here are curious on processing times. One of the applicant through our agent was waived off CSQ interview as he apparently has a degree in aerospace. And for another applicant the federal part of Quebec immigration was finalized in 6 months as apposed to the current processing time of 10 months.

One thing is for sure that all the documents will be thoroughly checked during the initial stages itself while the federal part is just easy peasy lemon squeezy lol :D
Hi RITI/tubelight,
I got the news today from my friends bank that the DD is encashed, though I have not received any acknowledgement.
I had made DD from my friends account, he will reconfirm it one more time but seems that the DD is encashed.
RITI please check with your bank as my application and your application were submitted at the same time.
Let me know the update.

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
tubelight said:

I am from Delhi India and just waiting to hear from them. My husband is a mechanical Engineer and we have applied under that category and i also have claimed points under AOT and education. I do not know if we are in the priority list. My agent is Yaxis

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
CSQ 05-08-2012, Federal 04-03-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ 21-Dec-2012; Federal 4-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
tubelight said:
Bonjour,

What do you say guys???

Merci Beaucoup!!!!
Submitted application on Aug 03 to BIQ - Montreal but got transfered to Mexico BIQ. CC got cloned so I got an email from them asking to update my payment info on Nov-28-2012. Then, I got AOR Dec-21-2012, but so far waiting for ANY news.
I wish the could process things faster. I read of someone with the same timeline who already got their CSQ.

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
RITI said:
I am from Delhi India and just waiting to hear from them. My husband is a mechanical Engineer and we have applied under that category and i also have claimed points under AOT and education. I do not know if we are in the priority list. My agent is Yaxis
Please copy and paste the text in bold in your google browser (open Pdf) as a reference to assess if you are under the priority list or not. Don't think mechanical engineering is under priority processing, however please check to see yourself.

DOMAINES DE FORMATION PERMETTANT D'OBTENIR 12 OU 16 POINTS À LA GRILLE DE SÉLECTION

If your degree (Diplôme étranger) is checked then your file is under priority processing

Hope it helps!!!

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
islandbabe said:
Hi Tubelight.

The BSc in Aero space is one of the MOST sought after degrees in Quebec as that industry is huge there, you will find that that person will be process at a great speed. i submitted my application on the 27th of March this year, BIQ mexico, with no french points, but plan to start classes next week and update my file later....so now I just pray that is passes assessment and I in get AOR in the next few months.
Absolutely Aerospace, nursing and few other professions are in high demand so they are subjected to priority processing.

You may have to wait for a month or two to hear something from them and I am sure you'll get through.

However, for most of us the problem that stands is learning French and how better are we prepared for the interview unless you don't have one.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well Tube,

I am definitely going to practice my French so that if called to an interview I can be successful.

tubelight said:
Absolutely Aerospace, nursing and few other professions are in high demand so they are subjected to priority processing.

You may have to wait for a month or two to hear something from them and I am sure you'll get through.

However, for most of us the problem that stands is learning French and how better are we prepared for the interview unless you don't have one.

rakscute

Jul 5, 2012
Hi all,

USA candidates come share your thoughts. I have interview in April second week in Newyork. Already attended candidates please share your interview questions.

Thanks,
Rishi