+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

oge

Jan 4, 2013
PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE HELP ME AND CALCULATE MY POINTS

AGE - 28
EDUCATION - LAW 5 YEARS PROGRAMME + (POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA, OIL AND GAS LAW- 1 YEAR PROGRAME TOTAL 19 YEARS OF STUDY)
SPOUSE - AGE - 34
SPOUSE EDUCATION - ACCOUNTING 4 YEARS + (MASTERS HRM - 1 YEAR- TOTAL 17 YEARS OF STUDY)
CHILDREN - AGE 7 MONTHS
ENGLISH LANGUGE - SPEAKING 7.5, WRITTING 6.0, READING 7.0, LISTENING 5.5
WORK EXPERIENCE - 2 YEARS
I CAN SHOW FUND

THANK YOU.

Travler

Mar 5, 2013
HELLO,
just finished my BS in accounting from a well known private university ave over 2years exp, speak/read french well . i was told by an immigration lawyer from Canada that (Private universities are not recognized ) it has to be a public university. how true is this statement.Thanks

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
RITI said:
We are also in the same boat. Sent file in OCT ans still to recieve any update from quebec immigration office in hongkong.
Hey Guys,
This is my 1st response here and glad I found you guys. I have filed my Quebec application on 12th of Sept 2012 but have not heard anything from them yet, not even AOR.

MSFK

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Very Soon
Doc's Request.
Very Soon
Nomination.....
Very Soon
AOR Received.
Very Soon
IELTS Request
Very Soon
File Transfer...
Very soon
Med's Request
Very Soon
Med's Done....
Very Soon
Interview........
Very Soon
Passport Req..
Very Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Dear Seniors,

I am preparing my application for QSW and trying to file it before 31st March as changes are expected on making french language tests mandatory to file the application as currently i am not claiming any points for french language.Started learning French and Registered for Tefaq test in june.

Collecting all right documents on correct format is time taking and time is running fast and if it does back up plan

new list for PNP for Quebec.

List of occupations for facilitated labour market opinion.

It may be pre-cursor to the changes that can happen to qsw after 31st March 2013:

link: www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/quebec-amends-list-of-occupations-for-facilitated-labour-market-opinion.html

0611 Sales, Marketing, and Advertising Managers

1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management

I fall under above Occupation.I do not have offer of employment how should i apply one?Is it mandatory to have a job offer to apply for PNP Quebec?

What is the criteria for qualifying?

Age 28
work experience 8 years
Qualification MBA
I lets expected 6.5 to 7
Marital Status Single
Funds Available.

Thanks

odonacer

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Gaurav_OT said:
Just send them an email...that you want to withdraw ur application for csq..and dont forget to write your file number and date of application...
Hello and thanks for your response.
I've already sent a letter to them. But I've a question - what did you mean when you said about date of application?
Is this a date when I received accuse or date when I sent docs to them, or when they received my docs?
Thanks in advance.
P.S. I sent a letter only with my personal info, my case (dossier) number and that's all. Did I make it wrong and they could not close my case?

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Day,

When completing the Quebec application form how do you attach the pictures, glue, staples, tape?

BID

Aug 13, 2011
Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program ( Please share your point of view)

Dear All,

Can any one assist me please!!!

Application on progress since the 7th of September, 2011. I have had received my AOR on the above mentioned date and I’m still standing on the same point.
My Information:
Name: Jamile
Kids: N/A
Education: MA of HR, 2010, BA of Business Marketing, 2007, Diploma in business Management, 2004.
Experience: 5+, 3 of them managerial post ( HR Manager)
Languages: English: Proficient
French: Ongoing level A1
Current Position: Corporate HR Manager.

Wife's info
Education: BA business Commerce, 2009
Experience: 3+ as Admin and Executive Assistant.
Languages: English: Intermediate
French: TCFQ B2 level
Current Position: Admin Assistant.

Note: the application is under her name.
Can anyone do me this favor as my lawyer is not that much supportive and often to answer any such request.
Guys, i need to know my status! When should i expect my interview! Is there will be an interview waiver! What’s our score! What will be the next step after receiving my AOR and so....
Your quick actions will be much appreciated.
Good luck for all. ???
Jamil

BID

Aug 13, 2011
Additional info, my file was created when i was in UAE and currently i'm commencing in Lebanon and furthermore, my case manager is aware of that.

Thanks again and all the best.
Jamil

aparajitha

Mar 19, 2013
hi... I am new to this forum. we received the interview date as Apr 19th in NY office. We applied in Aug 2011 and the rules for french are different then.
I need help in preparing for the interview. Do they consider the same rule that the rule wasn't there that time. Also, My husband is the principle applicant. But I have my twin sister living in Montreal. Do they consider this for calculating the points since the rlative is spouse's twin sister ? Id=f they consider what are all the proofs that I need to show them would the payslip will be okay ? My husband did Batch in Comp science and I did Masters in computer applications.. How many points would we get for these qualifications. We are living in US from last 5 years ans still we need to submit the IELTS results for our english skills ? If we want to claim advanced level english points how much band should my husband get in IELTS.. we dont have any french language skills or certification.
These are our points according to our calculation.

Education -- 10

Area of Training -- 6

Validated Employment Offer -- 0

Work Experience -- 8

Age -- 16

Language Proficiency

English – 6

French - 0

Stay and Family in Quebec -- 0

Spouse's Characteristics -- 8

Children -- 4

Financial Self-Sufficiency – 1

Adoptability if we score 4 more points that would be sufficient... What are our chances of cracking the interview.. please guide us ?

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aparajitha said:
hi... I am new to this forum. we received the interview date as Apr 19th in NY office.wish you all the best for interview. We applied in Aug 2011 and the rules for french are different then.
I need help in preparing for the interview. Do they consider the same rule that the rule wasn't there that time. Also, My husband is the principle applicant. But I have my twin sister living in Montreal. Do they consider this for calculating the points since the rlative is spouse's twin sister ? Yes you will get the point if primary applicant or spouse or de facto spouse have relative in Quebec,. Please check step 4 in below link.
http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/controler.jsp
Id=f they consider what are all the proofs that I need to show them would the payslip will be okay ? I am not sure whether payslip will be fine, but gather as much document as possible, e.g Payslips, Employment letter, Electricity bill , Resident proof etc.. My husband did Batch in Comp science If your husband did B.E in computer with 4 years of study then he will get 10 points and I did Masters in computer applications.. How many points would we get for these qualifications You will get total 8 points. 3 points for your education + 2 points for AOT + 3 points for your Age (If you are <35). We are living in US from last 5 years ans still we need to submit the IELTS results for our english skills I have submitted application with the same timeline as you, but i havent submitted any IELTS, but i saw them a proof that i have done my Engineering and other degree in English medium. ? If we want to claim advanced level english points how much band should my husband get in IELTSHe need to get 8 in listening and 7 in speaking to get 6 points.. we dont have any french language skills or certification.
These are our points according to our calculation.

Education -- 10

Area of Training -- 6

Validated Employment Offer -- 0

Work Experience -- 8

Age -- 16

Language Proficiency

English – 6

French - 0

Stay and Family in Quebec -- 0

Spouse's Characteristics -- 8

Children -- 4

Financial Self-Sufficiency – 1

Adoptability if we score 4 more points that would be sufficient... Frankly speaking it's very difficult to claim 4 points without knowing French. You have to prepare very well with other part and meanwhile try to learn basic french, so you can answer few questions. What are our chances of cracking the interview.. please guide us ?
Here are few interview questions that might help you.
QUESTIONNAIRE DE PRÉPARATION À L’ENTRETIEN D’IMMIGRATION AU QUÉBEC
1. Données personnelles
1.1. Qui est le requérant principal?
1.2. Parlez- vous le français ?
1.3. Est-ce que c’est la première fois que vous faites une demande d’immigration au Canada ?
1.4. Comment vous appelezggg-vous ? Quel est votre nom (de famille)? Quel est votre prénom ? Quel est votre nom
de jeune fille ?
1.5. Épelez, s’il vous plaît.
1.6. Avez-vous changé votre nom ou prénom après avoir rempli ce formulaire ?
1.7. Quand êtes-vous nés? Quelle est votre date de naissance?
1.8. Quel âge avez-vous ?
1.9. Où êtes-vous nés? Votre lieu de naissance?
1.10. À quel pays êtes-vous nés? Quel est votre pays de naissance?
1.11. Quelle est votre nationalité? Votre citoyenneté? Vous êtes le citoyen de quel pays?
1.12. Où habitez-vous? Quelle est votre adresse actuelle?
1.13. Avez-vous déménagé depuis que vous aviez fait votre demande d'immigration?
1.14. Est-ce que vous avez la même adresse ?
1.15. Depuis quand habitez-vous à cette adresse?
2. Situation de famille
2.1. Êtes-vous mariés /mariées?
2.2. Est-ce que votre situation de famille a changé après que vous aviez rempli ce formulaire?
2.3. Depuis quand êtes-vous mariés/mariées?
2.4. Comment s'appelle votre mari/femme? Comment s'appelle-t-il /elle? Quel est le prénom de votre mari/femme?
Son prénom? Quel est le nom (de famille)de votre mari/femme?
2.5. Est-ce que c'est votre premier mariage?
2.6. Avez-vous des enfants de l'autre mariage?
2.7. Avez-vous des enfants ?
2.8. Leurs noms et prénoms?
2.9. Quel âge ont vos enfants?
2.10. Quelle est leur scolarité ?
2.11. Est-ce que vos enfants habitent avec vous?
2.12. Désirez-vous immigrer avec votre époux/épouse et vos enfants?
2.13. Qu’est-ce que vos enfants pensent de votre projet d’immigrer au Québec?
2.14. Avez-vous planifié le future de vos enfants?
2.15. Est-ce que vous connaissez le procédé pour faire admettre vos enfants au système scolaire québécois?
2.16. Quelle est l’occupation de votre épouse ou époux?
2.17. Avec qui vivez-vous ?
2.18. Est-ce que vos parents restent en vie?
2.19. Où habitent vos parents?
2.20. Qu'est-ce qu'ils font?
2.21. Est-ce qu'ils travaillent?
2.22. Est-ce qu'ils veulent immigrer aussi?
2.23. Avez-vous des frères ou des soeurs ?
2.24. Combien de frères et soeurs avez-vous?
2.25. Comment s’appelle-t-il/elle ? Comment s’appellent-ils/elles ?
2.26. Quel âge a-t-il/elle ? Quel âge ont-ils/elles ?
2.27. Où résident-ils?
2.28. Quelles sont ses professions?
2.29. Est-ce que votre famille connaît votre projet d’immigrer au Canada ?
2.30. Si oui, qu’est-ce qu’ils en pensent ?
2.31. Est-ce qu'ils ont l'intention de vous joindre?
3. Vos connaissances au Canada /Québec
3.1. Avez-vous de la famille/ des amis au Canada /Québec?
3.2. Où habitent-ils/elles?
3.3. Sont-ils/elles immigrant(e)s reçu(e)s?
3.4. Quels sont leurs métiers?
3.5. Où avez-vous fait votre connaissance de cette personne? D'où le/la connaissez-vous?
3.6. Quand est-il parti au Canada? Depuis quand habite-il au Canada?
3.7. Que fait-il/elle? Est-ce qu'il/elle travaille? Est-ce qu'il/elle est employé(e)?
3.8. Est-ce qu'il/elle parle français?
3.9. Connaissez-vous son numéro de téléphone? Quel est son numéro de téléphone?
3.10. Quelle est son adresse?
3.11. Est-ce que vous lui appelez souvent?
3.12. Combien de fois par mois communiquez-vous par téléphone?
3.13. Quand avez-vous parlé à lui/elle pour la dernière fois?
3.14. Avez-vous ses photos?
3.15. Qu'est ce qu'il/elle vous a parlé du Québec?
3.16. Peut-il/elle vous abriter pour quelque temps? Acceptera-t-il/elle de vous héberger pour quelque temps ?
3.17. Est-ce qu'il /elle peut vous aider à adapter?
4. Votre projet d’immigration
4.1. Quand et comment est-ce que vous avez conçu le projet d’immigrer au Québec?
4.2. Depuis quand songez-vous à immigrer au Québec ?
4.3. Quand on vous parle du Canada, qu’est-ce que vous vient à l’esprit en premier?
4.4. Est-ce que vous avez déjà visité le Canada / Québec? Avez-vous déjà été au Canada / Québec?
4.5. Si oui, précisez les dates et les motifs. Quel était le but de votre visite?
4.6. Avez-vous travaillé au Canada / Québec?
4.7. Où étés-vous allés, lorsque vous avez visité le Québec?
4.8. Pourquoi voulez-vous immigrer au Québec?
4.9. Pourquoi avez-vous choisi le Canada plutôt que les É.U. ou l’Australie?
4.10. Avez-vous un visa américain? Quand expire-t-il?
4.11. Que pensez-vous des États-Unis?
4.12. Comment avez-vous pris la décision d’immigrer au Canada?
4.13. En avez-vous discuté avec d’autres personnes avant de prendre la décision d’immigrer?
4.14. Qu’espérez-vous trouver au Canada?
4.15. quelle ville voulez-vous arriver? Et pourquoi?
4.16. Savez-vous en quoi la province X se distingue des autres provinces du Canada? Précisez.
4.17. Croyez-vous trouver du racisme au Canada?
4.18. Que pensez-vous du racisme?
4.19. Comment réagirez-vous au racisme dont vous pourriez être la cible?
4.20. Croyez-vous qu’il peut être contrôlé? Si oui, de quelle façon? Si non, que faire alors?
4.21. Avez-vous faites des démarches pour vous renseigner sur le Canada et les Canadiens?
4.22. Avez-vous rencontré des Canadiens? Que pensez-vous?
4.23. Comment comptez-vous adapter dans un pays que vous ne connaissez pas?
4.24. Comment envisagez-vous vos premiers jours au Canada?
4.25. Si vous êtes acceptés, quelles sont vos premières démarches au Québec?
4.26. Vos connaissances sur le Québec
4.27. Quelle votre impression du Québec?
4.28. Comment le Canada / Québec est perçu dans le monde / dans votre pays?
4.29. Qu’est ce que vous connaissez du Québec?
4.30. Êtes-vous au courant du mode de vie au Québec?
4.31. Êtes-vous au courant du système politique? Avez-vous connaissance du système politique de Canada?
4.32. Êtes-vous au courant du système religieux? Savez-vous quelle est la religion pratiquée au Québec?
4.33. Êtes-vous au courant du système de taxation canadien?
4.34. Connaissez-vous le système bien-être social du Canada? Que pensez-vous? Envisagez-vous d’y avoir recours
éventuellement?
4.35. Comprenez-vous le système monétaire du Canada?
4.36. Connaissez-vous la valeur de l’argent canadien?
4.37. Que pensez-vous du climat au Québec?
4.38. Avez-vous connaissance de l'histoire du Canada et du Québec?
4.39. Formation et expérience professionnelle
4.40. Donnez-moi le nombre d’années total des vos études? Combien d'années de scolarité avez-vous?
4.41. Quand avez-vous complété vos études secondaires?
4.42. Avez-vous le Diplôme (certificat) d'études secondaires?
4.43. Quelle formation avez-vous? Quelle est votre qualification professionnelle?
4.44. Où avez-vous obtenu une formation supérieure?
4.45. Avez-vous un diplôme ou autre? Dans quel domaine?
4.46. Quelle est la durée des cours afin d’obtenir ce diplôme?
4.47. Votre profession est-elle réglementée?
4.48. Savez-vous quels sont les procédés pour faire valider vos diplômes au Québec et exercer votre profession?
4.49. Est-ce que vous possédez d'autres diplômes ou certificat?
4.50. Ces diplômes ont-ils un lien avec votre travail? Avez-vous l'expérience de travail en votre spécialité?
4.51. Si oui, en quoi? Dans quel domaine travaillez-vous?
4.52. Pourquoi avez-vous choisi cette branche?
4.53. Avez-vous changé votre emploi après avoir fourni les informations dans ce formulaire?
4.54. Quel est votre poste de travail? Quel est votre emploi?
4.55. Quel est le nom de votre employeur?
4.56. Quel est le nom de la compagnie pour qui vous travaillez?
4.57. Que font-ils?
4.58. Combien d’employés travaillent avec vous?
4.59. Depuis combien d’années travaillez-vous pour cette compagnie?
4.60. Aimez-vous votre travail? Pourquoi?
4.61. Quel est votre salaire mensuel brut?
4.62. A quelle heure commencez-vous à travailler? Expliquez-moi que faites vous pendant une journée de travail.
4.63. Combien de jours par semaine travaillez-vous?
4.64. Décrivez les différentes tâches accomplies durant votre travail.
4.65. Que faites vous après le travail?
4.66. Depuis la fin de vos études, où avez-vous travaillé? Détaillez votre expérience de travail.
4.67. Décrivez vos tâches dans vos emplois précédents.
4.68. Qui a préparé vos lettres d’emploi? Est-ce que votre avocat vous a aidé? Notez que votre employeur présent ou
employeur passé doit être le seul à le faire.
4.69. Vu que vous travaillez déjà a votre pays, pourquoi voulez-vous venir au Canada?
4.70. Qu’espérez-vous de mieux au Canada?
4.71. Quand espérez-vous trouver un emploi au Canada?
4.72. Qu'est-ce qui vous fait croire que vous trouverez un emploi au Québec?
4.73. Qu'est-ce que vous allez faire au Canada?
4.74. Que savez-vous du marché du travail au Québec?
4.75. Quels moyens de la recherche d'un emploi connaissez-vous ?
4.76. Avez-vous une offre d’emploi?
4.77. Comment allez-vous trouver un emploi? (Vous devez commencer immédiatement votre recherche d’emploi et
vous devez informer le conseiller a l’immigration pendant votre entrevue des étapes déjà entamées).
4.78. Connaissez-vous quelqu'un qui pourra vous aider à trouver un travail?
4.79. Qu'est-ce vous allez faire si vous ne trouvez pas un emploi selon votre spécialité?
4.80. Qu’est-ce que vous allez faire si vous ne trouverez pas un emploi comme …? Qu’allez-vous faire? Quoi d’autre
pouvez vous faire? Donnez-moi 3 autres activités que vous pouvez faire.
4.81. Si vous n’avez pas trouvé un emploi en trois mois q’allez-vous faire?
4.82. Avez-vous déjà cherché un emploi au Canada? Comment l’avez-vous faites? Pourquoi pas?
5. Argent
5.1. Comment comptez-vous vivre et faire vivre votre famille sans emploi en arrivant au Canada? Possédez-vous une
somme nécessaire?
5.2. Quelle somme d’argent allez vous apporter avec vous? Combien d'argent prévoyez-vous apporter au Québec?
5.3. Avez-vous des preuves que vous avez ce montant d’argent?
5.4. Connaissez-vous le contrat relatif à la capacité d’autonomie financière?

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
tubelight said:
Hey Guys,
This is my 1st response here and glad I found you guys. I have filed my Quebec application on 12th of Sept 2012 but have not heard anything from them yet, not even AOR.
have you heard anything from them we have sent mail and BIQ hong kong has said that they have transfered our file to montreal office on 28th January 2013 and we need to wait another 1 month and after that we can check with them

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
RITI said:
have you heard anything from them we have sent mail and BIQ hong kong has said that they have transfered our file to montreal office on 28th January 2013 and we need to wait another 1 month and after that we can check with them
Hi Riti

No news yet. I have been using an agent and they have asked me to be patient as Quebec applications are extensively delayed. I have been reading comments that people who made their applications sometime in 2010 have recently appeared for the interview. This means that its taking longer than 24 months for some. Its way toooooo long to wait for the interview but the good news is that it gives ample time to prepare for the interview.

Could you please share the reason why they have transferred your file to Montreal when is that you are anticipating your AOR???

Regards

fruju

Nov 28, 2012
fruju said:
Hello,

I have two questions:

1. I have a master's degree in “Electrical and Computer Engineering” from UBC in Canada, and a bacherlor's degree in "Electrical and Electronic Engineering" from a university in New Zealand. I have seen on the QC points grid that “Computer Engineering” qualifies for 12 points, while “Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering” qualifies for 6 points. Does anyone have any idea where they would place my degree? I seem to be stuck in the middle.

2. I am currently temporary resident in Quebec on a post-grad work permit. If I already have a job, can I still obtain a "certified employment offer" for that job, to gain those points.

I'd be grateful for any help or advice.

Thanks! :)
Just answering my own question in case anyone else needs the info.

I called Immigration QC about my degree dilemma. They say that they evaluate education qualifications by looking at what courses you have taken in the past and seeing which QC degree they most closely match to. So, if I want my "Electrical and Computer Engineering" degree to be classified as a QC "Computer Engineering" degree, the courses I have taken have to be more inclined towards computer engineering than electrical engineering.

The catch is that they will not alter the claim you make. So, say they decided that my courses made me an electrical enginer when I was claiming I am a computer engineer, they would reject my application and return it to me.

I've made this all very specific to engineering, but I'm sure there are other diciplines with grey areas in the labelling of qualifications.

Cheers

fruju

Nov 28, 2012
Does anyone have an estimate of the processing time for the CSQ under Skilled Worker if you are eligible for priority processing, do not require an interview and currently live in Quebec?

Thanks!

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me the approximate processing time for Comparative Evaluation of studies done outside Quebec, when sending the documents for evaluation from INDIA? Will it take 4 months, 5 months or more?

Any help will be appreciated.