+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

ian89

Jan 22, 2013
neetu1 said:
A valid job offer in the province can provide you up to 10 points and french upto 16 points(advance level). So if you think without these 26 points you have enough points i.e 49 for single applicant and 57 for a married applicant which is the threshold number without this your application could be refused ..........then final step is either interview or Csq without interview.... if you somehow manage to get 55 points (as a single applicant) and 63 (if u are married ) you don't need to attend any interview..................basically in an interview you can gain up-to 6 marks and make your total either 55 or 63 to get qualified for CSQ.
Hi there! Is it hard to get the 6 points in the interview?

I have 49 points according to my agent. I am single by the way and working as a Registered Nurse.

We are planning to lodge my application maybe next week. I am excited and at the same time afraid of what's gonna happen.

I hope everything will be fine and I'll get my CSQ. I am learning French on my own and next month I'll have basic French lessons in a university here in our city.

Thanks. :)

neetu1

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Doc's Request.
1 sept 2013-asked for PCC from canada
AOR Received.
june 2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request made on 29 october 2013
Med's Request
04/07/2013
Med's Done....
08/07/2013
Interview........
in process oct 23 2013 DM 25 nov 2013
Passport Req..
25 nov 2013 Passport sent 26 nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 nov 2013; ppt recieved 13 december 2013
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
ian89 said:
Hi there! Is it hard to get the 6 points in the interview?

I have 49 points according to my agent. I am single by the way and working as a Registered Nurse.

We are planning to lodge my application maybe next week. I am excited and at the same time afraid of what's gonna happen.

I hope everything will be fine and I'll get my CSQ. I am learning French on my own and next month I'll have basic French lessons in a university here in our city.

Thanks. :)

Well if you have 49 points then you need al the 6 points in the interview and that is not that easy even with basic french knowledge i will advise you to clear atleast some french tests so that you can get some points for that and rest points you can get my going through the interview. Interview is basically to know wheather you know about quebec and to check your french knowledge....

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
Hi..

I am in Montreal working as Software Engineer for last 16 months.. would like to apply for the CSQ and my french is very basic, so i cannot opt for the PEQ :(

For the Permanent Job offer, do my employer have to send the Application to the Quebec Gov?? or a Job offer in the Company Letter head is sufficient?/

If I have to go via the Gov to get the Validated offer letter, how long this could take..

please help me if somebody knows anything about these procedure.

Thanks & Regards
Aniyan Abraham Paul

lyza

Feb 20, 2013
hi.. i am from phils. i applied for a permanent visa under quebec skilled worker program and submitted it last month, january 2013. i applied on my own so there was no one to guide me.. i've just read that FSWP was placed on a temporary pause and will reopen on may 2013. I'm worried about my application bec my payment was also there. can somebody tell me wat could possibly happen to my application? tnx in advance.

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the file: 4 points. TCFQ: sent with the file: B1 - 8 points
jeeks2012 said:
Hi..

I am in Montreal working as Software Engineer for last 16 months.. would like to apply for the CSQ and my french is very basic, so i cannot opt for the PEQ :(

For the Permanent Job offer, do my employer have to send the Application to the Quebec Gov?? or a Job offer in the Company Letter head is sufficient?/

If I have to go via the Gov to get the Validated offer letter, how long this could take..

please help me if somebody knows anything about these procedure.

Thanks & Regards
Aniyan Abraham Paul
There are requirements that your employer must meet to offer you a job. follow this link to start
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/employers/hiring-permanent/requirements/index.html

I advise you to start learning some french and sit for TCFQ

I am computer systems engineer; how is the market in montreal in terms of IT? are they many opportunities? how much french is required in day-to-day IT work?

Good luck

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
lyza said:
hi.. i am from phils. i applied for a permanent visa under quebec skilled worker program and submitted it last month, january 2013. i applied on my own so there was no one to guide me.. i've just read that FSWP was placed on a temporary pause and will reopen on may 2013. I'm worried about my application bec my payment was also there. can somebody tell me wat could possibly happen to my application? tnx in advance.
Quebec Skilled worker programs is different than Federal Skilled Worker Program.
Quebec program is still open till end of March 2013. Good luck

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
Amirjs said:
There are requirements that your employer must meet to offer you a job. follow this link to start
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/employers/hiring-permanent/requirements/index.html

I advise you to start learning some french and sit for TCFQ

I am computer systems engineer; how is the market in montreal in terms of IT? are they many opportunities? how much french is required in day-to-day IT work?

Good luck
I came here as an Intra-compnee transferee, for the federal people came with LMO OR Intra-compnee transferee... doesn't have to Apply for a validated job offer(job offer is sufficient)
I called to a number514-86-9191, which I got from the Quebec Immig website and the lady whom I talked to.. told me that the employer Application I can attach along with my CSQ application.. but her English was not good and I asked repeatedly, She said I can do along with my CSQ Application..
but still I am confused because they didnt mentioned it properly in the website..

regarding the IT Job, they are looking specialized people and those who have more than 6 or 7 years of experience in new technologies,,, I feel there are ample amount.. if the company is bug then french is not that much problem, but its good to know..

I learning french and done one level of French from Gov Recommended Institute..

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
jeeks2012 said:
I came here as an Intra-compnee transferee, for the federal people came with LMO OR Intra-compnee transferee... doesn't have to Apply for a validated job offer(job offer is sufficient)
I called to a number514-86-9191, which I got from the Quebec Immig website and the lady whom I talked to.. told me that the employer Application I can attach along with my CSQ application.. but her English was not good and I asked repeatedly, She said I can do along with my CSQ Application..
but still I am confused because they didnt mentioned it properly in the website..

regarding the IT Job, they are looking specialized people and those who have more than 6 or 7 years of experience in new technologies,,, I feel there are ample amount.. if the company is bug then french is not that much problem, but its good to know..

I learning french and done one level of French from Gov Recommended Institute..
I advise you to get a French friend to call this number and explain the situation clearly before you apply.. As far as i know, in Quebec, employers have to conduct a market test and advertise the job and make sure that no one currently settled can take the opportunity, then the covernment must approve your employer request to hire you because of you your special skills then you attach this approval with your CSQ application...

again, i am not sure, so better if you call them back and get a french speaker to explain and see their answer.

thank you for the IT market information. good luck!

aabbhhii

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I have sent my application for quebec in BIQ Hong Kong in June, 2012. After 1 month, I have received a reply from BIQ to fill latest revision of forms and resend my application.
I downloaded latest forms and resent my application in August, 2012. After that, I have not received any reply from BIQ. It has been around 6 months till now.
Moreover, validity of my bank draft was only 3 months. I don't know status of my application.
Please help me on this.

Thanks.
Abhishek

roop sandhu

Feb 4, 2013
Dear abishek,
We also face same situation that of u.i am from amritsar.i sent my file in oct2012.and not get ant response till now.my cell no is 9501021905.plz call me when u free we willdiscuss

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
We are also in the same boat. Sent file in OCT ans still to recieve any update from quebec immigration office in hongkong.

mathis

Feb 27, 2013
Visa expert,
I would like to say that you may please be assess me to apply for Quebec immigration.
My profile is as under.

=Work Experience=13 year as a welder.
=Education= SECONDARY LEVEL vocational school diploma(welding and fitting) and a bachelor degree of Computer Networks
=Age= 33 years
=Married= Yes
=Children= 1( 2years old)
=spouse education= Master Degree
=spouse age= 33 years
=Language=English IELTS Speaking 5, Listening 4.5
=Language=French tefaq Listening A1, speaking A2
=Fund=sufficient avialable

Sir,
I would like to say that kindly assess me for Quebec immigration and reply.
Thanking you.

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
Hi all,

After a long period of silence, BHQ Paris send me 'an intent to reject' letter to submit some additional documents

1 -Certified copy of birth certifate --- pls who can certify this document (I sent notarized copy before)
2 - University diploma certificate & Transcript - can I send notarized copy as well, or certified by the school. The issue is I have a UK certificate, how can I certify this cuz am in Nigeria now.
3 - social security certificate

Pls I need advice cuz I am given 90 days to respond.
Regards
Fiirm