+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
We have submitted our application Quebec Federal skilled worker to BIQ hong kong in month of OCT still not recieved the file no please advise.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
ian89 said:
Good Day to all the Experts here!

My agent told me I got 49 points as of now and encourages me to submit my applications as soon as possible.

Degree: Bachelor of Science in Nursing= 10+12= 22 points
Experience: More than 1 Year= 4 points
IELTS: L=8.5 S=8, overall band is 8= 6 points
Financial: 1 point

Is is this correct? I hope some one can help me.

I have Zero French knowledge as of the moment but I am planning to enroll in one of the Universities here and learn on my own too.

Questions:

1. Am I eligible for QSW?
2. How long does one need to stay in Quebec, once landed, before he can transfer to other provinces? I am planning to reside in Toronto since I have my relatives there and I will be able to save much from housing and others.

Thank You Everyone! I hope someone will reply on this post. I badly need help since I am very much confused as of the moment. Thanks again. :)
Per new rules you must submit your French language results all together when you first apply, if you don't have at least some high-beginner French level you will be unlikely to get the max points (6) you need at the interview. Federal is going to open in May, you might want to consider applying federal instead.

odonacer

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Salute friends!
Please, can someone answer me, how to close application from Quebec skilled worker program? I already have accuse, also they took my money, but I haven't yet interview, so, what I need to do, to withdraw my application?
Thanks!

P.S. Yes, I know that they will not return me my money :)

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I hold a BSc degree in Biochemistry, and an MSc in Biochem as well. I have DELFA2 but it already expired, but I also have IELTS academic and general which are still valid. Because of my BSc in Biochem I will get extra point for a priority degree. But I am still confused if sending DELFA2 expired or not. I am already in Canada doing another MSc degree, but outside Quebec.

Please, your answer is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

ian89

Jan 22, 2013
Master7 said:
Per new rules you must submit your French language results all together when you first apply, if you don't have at least some high-beginner French level you will be unlikely to get the max points (6) you need at the interview. Federal is going to open in May, you might want to consider applying federal instead.
Thank you for your reply. I am an RN and there's a Cap for RNs in FSW. A lot of Nurses are applying and most likely, I won't be able to get a slot due to pending applications in the Federal.

Did the embassy issue new rules about French exams. I wasn't aware of such rules. :-(

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know and it is clear from the website, it is not mandatory to send the French exam, however it may be helpful to get all points. But if you have 5 years of work experience, the IELTS test, and your hold a diploma with priority you should be fine.

ian89

Jan 22, 2013
pepe84 said:
As far as I know and it is clear from the website, it is not mandatory to send the French exam, however it may be helpful to get all points. But if you have 5 years of work experience, the IELTS test, and your hold a diploma with priority you should be fine.
That's what my agent told me also. Anyway here's my breakdown:

Degree: BSN= (12+10) 22 points
IELTS: 6 points
Experience: 17 months= 4 points
Finances: Enough= 1 point

What worries me is the Interview. What are the chances that I will pass? I have to get the maximum 6 points in the adaptability interview. Am I correct?

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
ian89 said:
That's what my agent told me also. Anyway here's my breakdown:

Degree: BSN= (12+10) 22 points
IELTS: 6 points
Experience: 17 months= 4 points
Finances: Enough= 1 point

What worries me is the Interview. What are the chances that I will pass? I have to get the maximum 6 points in the adaptability interview. Am I correct?
Hello,

I didn't mean to confuse you, apparently up to March 2013 you can still send your application without French language exam; however you will have the tough mission of having to get the full 6 points at the interview, which means that you will have about a year to work hard on your French because without any knowledge of the French language you will have ZERO chances on passing the interview and get the full 6 points; however not everything is bad, your AOT is among those in demand and your age will also benefit you. Good luck!

Param09

Jun 20, 2012
Hoshiarpur
Category........
Visa Office......
Consulate General Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
5-11-2012
Interview........
none
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
Hello guys ...am i eligible to apply for CSQ
Here are my Details:

International Student(Studying in Quebec)- Masters Degree in Software Engineering(currently in 1st semester)...will apply for CSQ after 2 or 3 semesters

Age-22
IELTS-6.5 Overall.... Speaking-6 ,Listening-7.5
Work Experience-none
French proficiency-none

Previous Education:-
Bachelor Degree-Computer science(from India)

If not eligible then please tell me the french level required to apply for CSQ

Thanks In Advance :)

ian89

Jan 22, 2013
Master7 said:
Hello,

I didn't mean to confuse you, apparently up to March 2013 you can still send your application without French language exam; however you will have the tough mission of having to get the full 6 points at the interview, which means that you will have about a year to work hard on your French because without any knowledge of the French language you will have ZERO chances on passing the interview and get the full 6 points; however not everything is bad, your AOT is among those in demand and your age will also benefit you. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. I will actually enroll for basic French lessons in one of the universities here in our city. The whole course will be for 1 month. I am also learning on my own. My problem actually is I may not be able to take the French exams(DELF or TEFAQ).

Anyway, another question, my agent plans to submit my applications before this month ends. What if I'll take the French exams after submitting my application, will I get any points from the French exams even if I have submitted my papers already?

Thanks. :)

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks,

I just filed my application to Quebec. I hold a diploma and training that lie within 12 points awarded, it is a BSc in Biochemistry and 4 years of work experience in the same field. However my DELF A2 was issued more than two years ago. I have intermediate in IELTS and it was issued less than a year. Do you think they can give me some points for french?

If not, I will get 59 points, I have a wife with a Communication BSc. Can you guys help me to find out if I am eligible?

If so, please tell me if I need interview.

Gratitude in advance!

Eagle2011

Dec 7, 2012
pepe84 said:
Hello folks,

I just filed my application to Quebec. I hold a diploma and training that lie within 12 points awarded, it is a BSc in Biochemistry and 4 years of work experience in the same field. However my DELF A2 was issued more than two years ago. I have intermediate in IELTS and it was issued less than a year. Do you think they can give me some points for french?

If not, I will get 59 points, I have a wife with a Communication BSc. Can you guys help me to find out if I am eligible?

Gratitude in advance!
congrats

Eagle2011

Dec 7, 2012
pepe84 said:
Hello folks,

Gratitude in advance!
No help

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I studied at Alliance Française and got my DELF A2 in 2008. I just failed my application because my degree lies withing the 12 points category, it is a BSc in Biochemistry. I also sent my IELTS Academic and General Training, which are still valid. If they do not accept my DELF I will still get 59 points, because I have a wife and she gives me points as well.

Do you think they may reject my application because of the language skills?

Thanks,