+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I sent my CSQ application to my BIQ exactly 2 weeks ago and it seems they have charged the credit card already, is that normal?

RITI

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
tubelight said:
Please copy and paste the text in bold in your google browser (open Pdf) as a reference to assess if you are under the priority list or not. Don't think mechanical engineering is under priority processing, however please check to see yourself.

DOMAINES DE FORMATION PERMETTANT D'OBTENIR 12 OU 16 POINTS À LA GRILLE DE SÉLECTION

If your degree (Diplôme étranger) is checked then your file is under priority processing

Hope it helps!!!
Still not heard anything from them is there any way we can approach them and check

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
CSQ 05-08-2012, Federal 04-03-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ 21-Dec-2012; Federal 4-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
islandbabe said:
So I sent my CSQ application to my BIQ exactly 2 weeks ago and it seems they have charged the credit card already, is that normal?
I believe you also use Mexico BIQ. They did kind of the same to me. I initially sent my application but CC was declined. Once I sent an updated CC payment form they processed my application in exactly 2 weeks. However, about 15 after they charged my CC (I got activity alerts set up) they send me the AOR by email.

Check your spam folder for their email, it might be there.
They will send you your ref number and also the payment slip

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are they looking at applications faster if payments are done using CC? or it shouldnt matter whether we use CC or demand draft? (I dont know if we can even use CC from the Gulf - am getting mixed responses...can we??)

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Jav,

I really hope you are right, it was kinda scary for CC to be processed in less than 2 weeks. Thanks.

jazv4 said:
I believe you also use Mexico BIQ. They did kind of the same to me. I initially sent my application but CC was declined. Once I sent an updated CC payment form they processed my application in exactly 2 weeks. However, about 15 after they charged my CC (I got activity alerts set up) they send me the AOR by email.

Check your spam folder for their email, it might be there.
They will send you your ref number and also the payment slip

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
CSQ 05-08-2012, Federal 04-03-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ 21-Dec-2012; Federal 4-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
islandbabe said:
Hi Jav,

I really hope you are right, it was kinda scary for CC to be processed in less than 2 weeks. Thanks.

Scary and also disappointing considering they don't process your application as fast as they take your money away. Same deal as you, 2 weeks to get CC charged, but 3.5 months so far and I haven't heard a word from them. :mad:

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VERY disappointing..........by now they should have given you CSQ, or even confirm if they will be giving you an interview.

Keden

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 9, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 15, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 18, 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 27, 2014
LANDED..........
May 20, 2014
PEQ Timeline:
Applied for CSQ: August 3, 2012
Received CSQ: September 15, 2012 (Edited to show correct year)
Applied for QSW: February 24, 2013
Received Acknowledgement: Apr 9, 2013

Quick Question. I just received this email from a Service Delivery Clerk at Citizenship & Immigration.

"Dear XXX:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Quebec Skilled Worker Category.
Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing."
Does anyone have idea how long it normally takes from receipt of this email to further contact from the visa office?

I am assuming that the visa office is the one that will send me the request for a medical exam?

Thanks.

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
Keden said:
PEQ Timeline:
Applied for CSQ: August 3, 2012
Received CSQ: September 15, 2013
Applied for QSW: February 24, 2013
Received Acknowledgement: Apr 9, 2013

Quick Question. I just received this email from a Service Delivery Clerk at Citizenship & Immigration.

"Dear XXX:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Quebec Skilled Worker Category.
Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing."
Does anyone have idea how long it normally takes from receipt of this email to further contact from the visa office?

I am assuming that the visa office is the one that will send me the request for a medical exam?

Thanks.
Hi

I guess they are the one who will request for medicals, however, if I were you I would send an email or contact if anything needs to be done.

I just looked at your Quebec timeline and I am surprised to see how quick your application has reached the federal part. Anyways congrats man!!!

Could you please share us your profile, is it the job offer, or is it that you are native french or somehow you scored highest points on QSW. What country are you applying from? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
RITI said:
Still not heard anything from them is there any way we can approach them and check
If they have not contacted you so far then may be your payment has gone through and you don't have to worry.

If you are still doubtful then I would say if you have a copy of your DD you can go to the bank and check if the DD has been encashed.

If it is not encashed then call up BIQ

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
jazv4 said:
Scary and also disappointing considering they don't process your application as fast as they take your money away. Same deal as you, 2 weeks to get CC charged, but 3.5 months so far and I haven't heard a word from them. :mad:
You should consider yourself lucky as your payment was charged in a matter of weeks. For some of us the file has opened after 6 months and we are still awaiting AOR.

Keden

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 9, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 15, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 18, 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 27, 2014
LANDED..........
May 20, 2014
tubelight said:
Hi

I guess they are the one who will request for medicals, however, if I were you I would send an email or contact if anything needs to be done.

I just looked at your Quebec timeline and I am surprised to see how quick your application has reached the federal part. Anyways congrats man!!!

Could you please share us your profile, is it the job offer, or is it that you are native french or somehow you scored highest points on QSW. What country are you applying from? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Hi Tubelight,

Thanks for the response. I re-read the email and some threads here, and this is my AOR (44 days from mailing to receiving). I don't think I need to do anything else for the moment, until they contact me regarding medicals and what not.

CSQ
- I already live and work in Quebec. I obtained my CSQ through the Programme de l'expérience québécoise (PEQ).
- We took the TEFaQ exams to prove our French proficiency (scored B2)
- We applied for CSQ in August and received it in September.

QSW-PR
- Spent September 2012 to January 2013, getting our PR packet ready.
- This took a while as we had to request FBI certificates, police records from my home country, birth certificates etc.
- We figured it was better to take the time upfront to send a 100% complete and correct application packet than do it in a hurry and have it returned. And it looks like it paid off!

So that's it for me. Hope it helps.

Cheers.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Keden,

PEQ is always VERY fast. Hopefully you will get your PR in the next few months.

Keden said:
Hi Tubelight,

Thanks for the response. I re-read the email and some threads here, and this is my AOR (44 days from mailing to receiving). I don't think I need to do anything else for the moment, until they contact me regarding medicals and what not.

CSQ
- I already live and work in Quebec. I obtained my CSQ through the Programme de l'expérience québécoise (PEQ).
- Last year, my husband and I decided to apply for PR.

QSW-PR
- This took a while as we had to request FBI certificates, police records from my home country, birth certificates etc.
- We figured it was better to take the time upfront to send a 100% complete and correct application packet than do it in a hurry and have it returned. And it looks like it paid off!

Cheers.

tubelight

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Nomination.....
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
File Transfer...
HK to Montreal
Keden said:
Hi Tubelight,

CSQ

QSW-PR

Cheers.
Many thanks and all the best!!!